Autopilot OFF Function?

Steve Gee

Is there any sort of special command/switch I need to use when turning Autopilot off?

Every time I use AP/ALT, after I turn it off I don't have the smooth control/flow of inputs I do before using it, even after going outside the AP limits. The pitch/roll inputs just really seem too "mechanical" after using it.

I know the Nosewheel steering command sets the AP reference, was wondering if anything "cleared" it I guess?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

I do, both it and the ALT one yet it still feels like it's on, even after a full roll.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

If the autopilot master is off, the the autopilot is disengaged entirely. Maybe it's a bug? Can you repdoduce it?

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

If the autopilot master is off, the the autopilot is disengaged entirely. Maybe it's a bug? Can you repdoduce it?

It does it every time I use AP/ALT (only mode I really use, going to check others today). Only way for me to clear that mechanical feel is to get out of the plane and start the mission again.

If you pull the AP off on the stick, (the handle) it also pops pitch and roll channel SAS off. Check it's not those being off that is making it feel odd.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

All stability control stays on. I'll double check it though again. As long as I don't use the AP, it's fine the entire flight time.

I have bound the AP Engage switch to the paddle switch of my warthog. That way, I can quickly trim the bird out, maintain a certain heading when working on the consoles and stuff like that.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

If you pull the AP off on the stick, (the handle) it also pops pitch and roll channel SAS off. Check it's not those being off that is making it feel odd.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

If you're talking about that Autopilot Emergency Disconnect, that's the only thing I've found that will reset everything back to the pre-AP state.

If I reset the Engage switch alone, does nothing. Engage and Alt together? Nothing. But, after mapping that Emergency Disconnect to a command, I reset the P/R AFCS switches and it flies fine.

If you're talking about that Autopilot Emergency Disconnect, that's the only thing I've found that will reset everything back to the pre-AP state.

If I reset the Engage switch alone, does nothing. Engage and Alt together? Nothing. But, after mapping that Emergency Disconnect to a command, I reset the P/R AFCS switches and it flies fine.

This is very odd, for no one I fly with it works like that. Engage switch to off is enough. What stick do you use? Are you sure not any other input etc may set it back to on?

The behavior you describe is if the AP is engaged, (alt or not selected doesnt matter) but the AP reference button hasn't been pressed yet. The disconnect, as described, turns off engage and the pitch and roll SAS. This should not be needed. Furthermore, you should not have to reset them in order to regain normal control after disengaging it.

Since this is a standalone issue, I would suggest pilot or user error. (unless someone else has this as well?) Could you maybe report this using the bug report form, including everything, step by step, and preferably including video and track. I can take a deeper look then. Thank you.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I'll try to record it so you can see it step by step. There's no other inputs controlling pitch/roll or AP functions. I've found a way to clear it so I can fly normally, but I'll make it do it again. :)