DCS: The Channel Map

Silver_Dragon

There was a screenshot of the P-47 in a newsletter some months ago, which AFAIK has also been taken on the Channel Map.

Here it is:

DCS-P-47D-WIP-01.jpg

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team
When will the map be processed? Battle of Britain or later ?

It will support missions and campaigns between the late 1930s and 1945, we will have more details in our news letter today.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The harbour area and town is Ramsgate: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Ramsgate/@51.3451403,1.3885536,13.22z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x47d94cd3255c6b75:0x579401fdfa599855!8m2!3d51.335545!4d1.419895

Given the Concrete runway shown at Manston that kind of sets the date as 1944; a product of Manston's increasing use as the first point of safe let down for ailing allied aircraft damaged or low on fuel from attacking Germany and the low countries, this "crash" runway - some twice the length and 3 times the width of a standard runway - was commissioned in 1943 and completed in April of '44. Prior to that Manston was a large grass airfield.

Will it include part of DCS Normandy map?

Im confused .....

It will support missions and campaigns between the late 1930s and 1945, we will have more details in our news letter today.

thanks

Planes from 1930-1941? Where are there?

Rata only but over the Channel? ;)

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

A Channel map for late war piston fighters, why ?

• Operation Steinbock
  • Intercepting V-1s. But need to wait for the V-1 in DCS WWII assets.
  • Mosquito cross-channel raids pre-Normandy
  • Training area for pilots before deploying to the continent
  • Jabo hit-and-run raids against SE-England (e.g. Operation Giesla)

And maybe, they are thinking ahead to releasing earlier-era aircraft (thus, DCS Battle-of-Britain)?

"Operation Steinbock"

Are the Do-217 and the He-177 planned ?

"Intercepting V-1s."

Is the Tempest planned ?

Basically, we have not the planes for such a period and also those combats were rather limited.

"they are thinking ahead to releasing earlier-era aircraft (thus, DCS Battle-of-Britain)?"

What a good idea, this would be totally new, never done in any flight sim !

So, we have already "study" aircrafts, now this is a "study" map.

"Channel Map"

"Will include

• Manston
  • Detling
  • Hawkinge
  • Lympne"

"It will support missions and campaigns between the late 1930s and 1945, we will have more details in our news letter today."

... and STILL no mention of Biggin Hill!

Give me the tools and I'll volunteer to do it myself (complete with roller-coaster runway :sorcerer: ).

I saw mention of it 5 or 6 weeks ago - speculation or what - but it was inconclusive. Is somebody working on it and just keeping it as a surprise? How can you have a WWII Simulation without Biggin Hill ?

Anyway, the latest NEWS bulletin was good news - I look forward to to getting my hands on some of the news stuff.

Thanks ED for a great ... erm ... product/experience/occupation!

Rig A: (New in 2019) Custom-built: ASUS Maximus Code XI; Water-cooled i7-8700K; 32 GB RAM; 2xSSD=970 EVO 500GB; Graphics Card = EVGA RTX 2080 (FTW3 Ultra); Thrustmaster Warthog; Saitek Rudder; Tracking Headset.

Rig B: Surface Book (Intel Core i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz; 16GB DDR3 RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GPU(1GB-RAM); 500GB SSD) Saitek 35x Joystick & Throttle

Rig C: Alienware M17X-R2 (Intel Core i7 Q820 CPU@1.73GHz; 8GB DDR3 RAM; Twin AMD HD5800 Radeon GPUs (1 GB RAM each); 500GB SSD + 500GB HD)

Surely they'll eventually furnish DCS with Battle of Britain aircraft, otherwise... that's just cruel! :(
Hope so some day :cry: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 2 weeks later...
Can I ask, please: does the new map join into the Normandy map? If so that would be wonderful
That was my first question when this was first announced. Sadly no, but lets hope in the future if ED keep going for their gobal map goal they do indeed.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 2 weeks later...
"Channel Map"

"Will include

• Manston
  • Detling
  • Hawkinge
  • Lympne"

"It will support missions and campaigns between the late 1930s and 1945, we will have more details in our news letter today."

... and STILL no mention of Biggin Hill!

Give me the tools and I'll volunteer to do it myself (complete with roller-coaster runway :sorcerer: ).

I saw mention of it 5 or 6 weeks ago - speculation or what - but it was inconclusive. Is somebody working on it and just keeping it as a surprise? How can you have a WWII Simulation without Biggin Hill ?

Anyway, the latest NEWS bulletin was good news - I look forward to to getting my hands on some of the news stuff.

Thanks ED for a great ... erm ... product/experience/occupation!

The one thing that actually bothers me on this; for a 1930(ish)-1945(ish) mission setting they're sure missing some important places like the Scheldt estuary..