Georgian Oil War campaign

kaltokri

At the moment I play the georgian oil war campaign with VR.

It is a lot of fun. But in some mission the targets are placed in the woods.

In Mission ATO A06.3 I was unabled to destroy the main target, because most of them are hidden by trees. All my rockets exploded before the targe was hit.

I think the problem is because of the new caucasus map?

Or is this a wanted behaviour?

And if so, how to destroy such hidden targets?

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

At the moment I play the georgian oil war campaign with VR.

It is a lot of fun. But in some mission the targets are placed in the woods.

In Mission ATO A06.3 I was unable to destroy the main target, because most of them are hidden by trees. All my rockets exploded before the target was hit.

Correct, caused by the map update and addition of collidable trees.

Check here for the current status and a post with replacement mission files until it becomes official, as it is going to be quite a while 1-3 months as a questimate until all issues resolved:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227093

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Hi MadDog-IC,

thank you very much for your fast respond.

I've replaced the original missions with your work by OvGME.

Great work!

Your replacement of the mission I've talked about is so much better.

It was a pleasure to play in VR. :joystick:

Keep up the good work and thank you a lot! :thumbup:

Edited by kaltokri
typo

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sadly I'm struggling with 'Deployment'

Trees galore when the recon pictures (from the pre updated caucuses i assume) show no trees.

Additionally trees are collide-able now, and wingman AI is rubbish, both blind and unable to engage without getting shot down himself.

Similar issues in many other campaigns, this drives me crazy, but given the dynamic and rolling nature of DCS (which is is good for a few reasons) it would be great to have a crystal clear FAQ for every module, every map and every mission/campaign so that we don't have to find out the had way that something was broken 3 years ago and never fixed.

Finding out the hard way infuriates me, not the fact it is broken.

I'd be a lot less annoyed if i could find out that this campaign is broken by the map update and in the queue to be fixed and thus go onto a working campaign than struggle through mission by mission only to find an impassable mission that bricks it for me.

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR