Caucasus Tours: Kutaisi - Samsari Caldera - Tbilisi

Ironhand

Just added this to my YT channel for fun. I've been wanting to do a Caucasus Tour for quite awhile now. I was going to wait for the new map but, since I suspect it's not going to provide me what I want anyway, I decided to start now with this short flight to a (mostly) ignored part of the map in southern Georgia. It'll be interesting to refly it after the new map is released to see how the refined mesh will change things.

Hopefully, some of you will enjoy it. :)

• Like 3

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Nice Rich, I enjoyed it :thumbup:

EDIT: Will you post the route in a mission?

Great! Glad you liked it.

Sure...I'll post it, if I still have it. If not, it won't be difficult to recreate. I'll do it this evening or tomorrow morning.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I remember the first tour video when we used to have Crimea. How long ago was that? 10 years?

0XetWUwvybk

Regardless, fun videos.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I remember the first tour video when we used to have Crimea. How long ago was that? 10 years?

Regardless, fun videos.

Just about. I created the final version of the video in Oct of 2007. The original mission it was based upon was created by Mark "Shepski" Shepheard and later modified by Steve "Brit Radar Dude" Tonkinson several years before that.

_____

Ahh Crimean Tour, now that brings back memories. I got so much enjoyment out of that mission when I used to fly it Ironhand, so thank you. It's a shame there's no equivalent now. Still remember that hole in the rock...

I've downloaded your Kutaisi mission and am looking forward to flying that.

Thanks again,

pngflyer

Ahh Crimean Tour, now that brings back memories. I got so much enjoyment out of that mission when I used to fly it Ironhand, so thank you. It's a shame there's no equivalent now. Still remember that hole in the rock...

I've downloaded your Kutaisi mission and am looking forward to flying that.

Thanks again,

pngflyer

There's not much to that mission. The WPs are for the missing rail tunnel and Abul-Samsari Range...and Tbilisi. I just flew NOE up a few valleys to make getting there more interesting. :) Besides, I was enjoying the handling characteristics of the -25T. The flight model is much improved over what it used to be in FC 1.x which is the last time I flew it seriously.

_____

Wow, fantastic video, thanks so much for taking the time to create it! :thumbup:

Hopefully this area will be more populated in 2.5; I only joined the community with Black Shark (after the map shifted away from Crimea) and was never able to visit all those spots you pointed out back in the Crimean tour.

Wow, fantastic video, thanks so much for taking the time to create it! :thumbup:

Hopefully this area will be more populated in 2.5; I only joined the community with Black Shark (after the map shifted away from Crimea) and was never able to visit all those spots you pointed out back in the Crimean tour.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.

It's doubtful we'll ever have anything like that map again. That was someone's labor of love. Or I think it was, anyway. It had that feel to it. That level of ground-based detail in a military flight sim...and this was long before any thought was given to CA. I've always assumed someone on that team was from there.

_____

It's doubtful we'll ever have anything like that map again. That was someone's labor of love.

I do think the Nevada map comes close. There are so many wonderful details and Easter eggs that weren't entirely necessary, like the Little A'Le'Inn, a Star Trek shuttle in Groom Lake, Plutonium Valley, markings for virtual airfields, and of course many of the attractions on the Sunset Strip, to name just a few.

I'm sure Normandy also holds some Easter eggs but I didn't spend nearly as much time there as I did in Caucasus and Nevada.

The old Crimea map sure was a labor of love, but I think the same is also true at least for the Nevada map, and who knows what the upcoming SoH is going to include.

I do think the Nevada map comes close. There are so many wonderful details and Easter eggs that weren't entirely necessary, like the Little A'Le'Inn, a Star Trek shuttle in Groom Lake, Plutonium Valley, markings for virtual airfields, and of course many of the attractions on the Sunset Strip, to name just a few.

I'm sure Normandy also holds some Easter eggs but I didn't spend nearly as much time there as I did in Caucasus and Nevada.

The old Crimea map sure was a labor of love, but I think the same is also true at least for the Nevada map, and who knows what the upcoming SoH is going to include.

True. While I own the Nevada map, I don't fly it much. So I tend not to include it in my thinking. There is a lot of detail there.

Having started in Crimea with Su-27 Flanker and, later, moved into the Caucasus with LOMAC/FC1.x, that part of the world remains at the core of my thinking. In real life, I find the area intriguing. I would have loved to see DCS World expand seamlessly outward from there to the north, south, east, and west. Instead, we jumped to the US. My head just never made the move with the map. :)

Edited by Ironhand

_____