Wife of DCS player needs help - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-15-2019, 08:40 PM   #1
Chief1942

Default Wife of DCS player needs help

My husband has been an active member and supporter of DCS world for many years.
He has now got a terminal brain tumor and is unable to operate his aircraft ...equipment.
He has all the "stuff" …. trax seat, controls, pedals etc. In fact some things he has multiple generations because he liked to stay up with the latest and greatest.

I must get rid of this and I have no idea where to begin.
He truly loved this hobby and he would want all his "stuff" to be used not thrown away.
I would like to get a little something for it but it is most important that it goes to someone who will enjoy the hobby. Any advice for the easiest solution would be appreciated. Oh I should add we are located in central Arizona.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:43 PM   #2
John Hargreaves

Very sorry to hear about your husband's illness, I'm sure you will find help here on the forum, good luck and best wishes.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:47 PM   #3
chaser

First of all Im sorry to hear about your husband The best way to start is to list what there is Im sure someone will be able to help you more than I can from the UK
Old 05-15-2019, 08:59 PM   #4
Relix2k

I too am sorry to hear about your husband.

Perhaps taking pictures of some of the gear would be easier for you.

best wishes
Relix2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:10 PM   #5
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief1942 View Post
My husband has been an active member and supporter of DCS world for many years.
He has now got a terminal brain tumor and is unable to operate his aircraft ...equipment.
I’m so sad to read your kind words, I remember reading about your husband illness last year and I silently hoped he would be able to overcome it, but brain cancer is a terrible enemy.

I find so moving when a wife understands her husband’s love for the hobby .. I’m not sure if my wife would have the same understanding, guess I will have to share this with her, so that she will know what to do when my own time arrives.

I’m too far to be able to help you with your husbands equipment, but I’m sure that others members of this dcs community, that live on a better location, will stand up and help you.

Please receive a big virtual hug and my admiration for you and your firefighter husband.
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:11 PM   #6
Chief1942

Thank you
Old 05-15-2019, 09:13 PM   #7
Chief1942

Default Thank you all

Thank You
Old 05-15-2019, 10:21 PM   #8
Nagilem

I am so very sorry to hear about your husband.

I live in Gilbert and would be happy to help you with his equipment. Please PM me and we can work out how I can help.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:56 PM   #9
lunaticfringe

First and foremost- you, your husband, and your family will be in the prayers of mine at this time.

I understand the desire to recover some of the cost in the hardware, especially now with costs involved in treatment, and those to come.

That said, as a way to disperse with the lot as a whole, I would actually suggest contacting one of the many air museums in the region. Simulator setups are becoming a bit of a thing in such venues, and it would be a way for many people to enjoy the hardware, and a way for his memory to be used to educate others on why he enjoyed it so. Having such a turnkey donation would be a boon for many such institutions. Further, the taxable writedown implications of such a donation are far greater than immediate cash in hand, which may be of use for estate planning.

A bit different of an idea than I'm sure you were expecting, but one that may be more fitting.
lunaticfringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:05 PM   #10
Repth

That is a wonderful idea lunatic. Mrs. Chief, If you decide to go that route I would recommend contacting the Commemorative Air Force out at Williams Field here in AZ, They may be interested in the idea. Feel free to PM me as well if you need extra help. I may be able to find a few people interested in the equipment and willing to help you recoup some of the cost.

Sorry to hear of your husband's condition, a fellow coworker of mine suffered from a brain tumor as well and I understand a little of what you're going through. My thoughts are with you, your husband, and family.

Last edited by Repth; 05-15-2019 at 11:10 PM.
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote