Trains - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-12-2019, 08:51 AM   #1
davidtsw

Default Trains

So I was playing around in the mission editor trying to place a train on tracks, make it move, pass a couple of ground units at a crossing and then stop at a station.

To my surprise, here's what I discovered after the initial struggle to even make it actually appear in game:

- Although it looks pretty damn good, the train just moves along silently. There's no sound at all for it. I can understand no sounds for civilian trains in the Caucasus, but the WW2 assets module is a payware addon and it should come included with sounds for every unit it brings to the game. I'm not asking for TSW mods-like sound quality. Just a simple sound that will make it much more realistic from the ground perspective.

- It can't stop, either. Tried with a simple waypoint, a hold waypont, etc. Nothing. It literally bounces back at the last waypoint and carries on to where it originated from. How are we supposed to build missions and simulate attacking a stationary train being unloaded at a station ? For the Normandy map trains are very important targets so one would expect them to be more functional.

I've also tried the trains activated through the "Civilian traffic" option and they're even worse. Set to low it puts 3 trains on a kilometer or so of the tracks. I didn't even dare to try the highest setting but I suppose that's just going to be trains everywhere, 100 m apart.

P.S. I believe trains should also have the option to be equipped with anti aircraft guns. Maybe a separate AA carriage ?

Any plans to fix these issues ?
davidtsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:42 PM   #2
352ndDeacon

This problem has been brought up for many, many months with no help in fixing it from ED. Get use to it. It's their way of doing business. Take the money and run.
352ndDeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:07 PM   #3
grafspee

i would love to see some effects for example fuel cars hit burst in flames or steam engine hit bursting white vapor in air thast would be nice
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:01 AM   #4
Hornetjock

You can place a train, wagons or locomotives as static objects one by one - if you are careful of alignment and using the linking check. We have tank cars and locos at sidings in Caen which we regularly rocket with Mustangs. They blow up and burn nicely. You can also site 37 mm around the area for more fun and games.
Hornetjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:05 AM   #5
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

The train functionality never was "implemented", only as a prof of concept. Expected ED can put some love in a future.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:33 AM   #6
fargo007

They also don't appear to export events like a ground object either (like vec2, etc).

Ground units from the opposing coalition will not attack the train.

Are you ready to take your chopper flying skills to the next level?
Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.
fargo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:15 AM   #7
mrmat01

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtsw View Post
So I was playing around in the mission editor trying to place a train on tracks, make it move, pass a couple of ground units at a crossing and then stop at a station.

To my surprise, here's what I discovered after the initial struggle to even make it actually appear in game:

- Although it looks pretty damn good, the train just moves along silently. There's no sound at all for it. I can understand no sounds for civilian trains in the Caucasus, but the WW2 assets module is a payware addon and it should come included with sounds for every unit it brings to the game. I'm not asking for TSW mods-like sound quality. Just a simple sound that will make it much more realistic from the ground perspective.

- It can't stop, either. Tried with a simple waypoint, a hold waypont, etc. Nothing. It literally bounces back at the last waypoint and carries on to where it originated from. How are we supposed to build missions and simulate attacking a stationary train being unloaded at a station ? For the Normandy map trains are very important targets so one would expect them to be more functional.

I've also tried the trains activated through the "Civilian traffic" option and they're even worse. Set to low it puts 3 trains on a kilometer or so of the tracks. I didn't even dare to try the highest setting but I suppose that's just going to be trains everywhere, 100 m apart.

P.S. I believe trains should also have the option to be equipped with anti aircraft guns. Maybe a separate AA carriage ?

Any plans to fix these issues ?
You can get the train to work
I can get the train to work in all other maps I have. Nevada & Caucasus just not Normandy
Contacted support in Feb was just given the run around 26 Answers back & forth to no avail.
Opened another Ticket 5 days ago with no reply. Would be nice if ED would just admit it is broken & give us a time line of when it would be fixed.
mrmat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:42 AM   #8
philstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmat01 View Post
You can get the train to work
I can get the train to work in all other maps I have. Nevada & Caucasus just not Normandy
Contacted support in Feb was just given the run around 26 Answers back & forth to no avail.
Opened another Ticket 5 days ago with no reply. Would be nice if ED would just admit it is broken & give us a time line of when it would be fixed.

Normandy map is a nonsense. Support is all but removed under the excuse that "Ugra" media are the party responsible for the map.
Well, my T&Cs contract is with ED and TEC, not Ugra Media. I don't give a crap what Ugra does. I never ageed anything with Ugra when I bought this module.

Storm of War server updates: http://stormofwar.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=29
philstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:16 PM   #9
Skunk Cabbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstyle View Post
Normandy map is a nonsense. Support is all but removed under the excuse that "Ugra" media are the party responsible for the map.
Well, my T&Cs contract is with ED and TEC, not Ugra Media. I don't give a crap what Ugra does. I never ageed anything with Ugra when I bought this module.

I thought the Normandy Map was being re-worked. As is, I would never buy it.
Skunk Cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote