DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS - Page 117 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-25-2019, 03:54 PM   #1161
ArturDCS

I did a release with a new key value named VK_NULL.
This key doesn't do anything and with it you can do what you described. Of course you can use the OEM or what is was.
Report if there are any problems using it.
This is the easiest way for me, instead of having texts for single key stroke. That would mean more programming.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vk_null.png
Views:	38
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	210700  

Last edited by ArturDCS; 05-25-2019 at 03:57 PM.
ArturDCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 05:55 AM   #1162
PEEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturDCS View Post
This key doesn't do anything and with it you can do what you described. Of course you can use the OEM or what is was.
This is the easiest way for me, instead of having texts for single key stroke. That would mean more programming.
It is working, Thanks
PEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:01 AM   #1163
Fallen_Tyrael

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturDCS View Post
Wow, thank you! I really didn't expect that!

Though I am sorry to say that after the update the program can't find my DCS BIOS location, I have checked and everything is there.

Here's the copied bug report (I couldn't paste the whole thing because the error report txt was to long):

Bug Report from DCSFP
Code:
DCS Installation : DCS World OpenBeta
DCS Module : P-51D
Saitek Panel : PZ70 Multi Panel
Has it worked before? : Yes
DCS-BIOS Status? : Doesn't work
Is this DCS-BIOS related? : Yes

Related cockpit control/device/gauge? : No

Code:
27.01.2019 07:27:34  version : 1.0.126.6876
11 Custom messag27.01.2019 07:27:34  version : 1.0.126.6876
11 Custom message = [Error disabling Enhanced USB Power Management.]
System.Security.SecurityException
Requested registry access is not allowed.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowSecurityException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)
   at DCSFlightpanels.MainWindow.FixUSBEnhancedPowerManagerIssues()
27.01.2019 07:28:33  version : 1.0.126.6876
1073 Custom message = []
System.Exception
Error loading DCS-BIOS. Check that the DCS-BIOS location setting points to the JSON directory. Error loading DCS-BIOS. Check that the DCS-BIOS location setting points to the JSON directory. 
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\ME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\doc\json\CommonData.json'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
   at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.LoadCommonData(String jsonDirectory)
   at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.LoadControls()
   at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.GetControl(String controlId)
   at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.GetDCSBIOSOutput(String controlId)
   at NonVisuals.SaitekPanel..ctor(SaitekPanelsEnum typeOfSaitekPanel, HIDSkeleton hidSkeleton)
   at NonVisuals.MultiPanelPZ70..ctor(HIDSkeleton hidSkeleton)
   at DCSFlightpanels.MultiPanelUserControl..ctor(HIDSkeleton hidSkeleton, TabItem parentTabItem, IGlobalHandler globalHandler)
   at DCSFlightpanels.MainWindow.SearchForPanels()

Code:
After updating to the pre-release version it's unable to find BIOS, I have tested to see if it will work ingame dispite the error but its having problems, for example if i press to turn a switch on it instantly turns it off again.

EDIT: This seems to be happening with key emulator too and it only seems to happen with the buttons on the PZ70.

Last edited by Fallen_Tyrael; 05-26-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Fallen_Tyrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:27 AM   #1164
PEEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen_Tyrael View Post
Wow, thank you! I really didn't expect that!

Though I am sorry to say that after the update the program can't find my DCS BIOS location, I have checked and everything is there.

Here's the copied bug report (I couldn't paste the whole thing because the error report txt was to long):

Bug Report from DCSFP
Code:
DCS Installation : DCS World OpenBeta
DCS Module : P-51D
Saitek Panel : PZ70 Multi Panel
Has it worked before? : Yes
DCS-BIOS Status? : Doesn't work
Is this DCS-BIOS related? : Yes

Related cockpit control/device/gauge? : No
Code:
27.01.2019 07:27:34  version : 1.0.126.6876
11 Custom messag27.01.2019 07:27:34  version : 1.0.126.6876
11 Custom message = [Error disabling Enhanced USB Power Management.]
System.Security.SecurityException
Requested registry access is not allowed.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowSecurityException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)
   at DCSFlightpanels.MainWindow.FixUSBEnhancedPowerManagerIssues()
27.01.2019 07:28:33  version : 1.0.126.6876
1073 Custom message = []
System.Exception
Error loading DCS-BIOS. Check that the DCS-BIOS location setting points to the JSON directory. Error loading DCS-BIOS. Check that the DCS-BIOS location setting points to the JSON directory. 
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\ME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\doc\json\CommonData.json'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
   at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.LoadCommonData(String jsonDirectory)
   at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.LoadControls()
   at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.GetControl(String controlId)
   at DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.GetDCSBIOSOutput(String controlId)
   at NonVisuals.SaitekPanel..ctor(SaitekPanelsEnum typeOfSaitekPanel, HIDSkeleton hidSkeleton)
   at NonVisuals.MultiPanelPZ70..ctor(HIDSkeleton hidSkeleton)
   at DCSFlightpanels.MultiPanelUserControl..ctor(HIDSkeleton hidSkeleton, TabItem parentTabItem, IGlobalHandler globalHandler)
   at DCSFlightpanels.MainWindow.SearchForPanels()
Code:
After updating to the pre-release version it's unable to find BIOS, I have tested to see if it will work ingame dispite the error but its having problems, for example if i press to turn a switch on it instantly turns it off again.
See post 1110. If that is not the problem ArturDCS will have to help
Old 05-26-2019, 10:20 AM   #1165
Fallen_Tyrael

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEEP View Post
See post 1110. If that is not the problem ArturDCS will have to help
Hey PEEP,
Thanks again for your reply.
I checked the post you mentioned and it looks like I don't have a DCS.openbeta folder in my Saved Games, you wouldn't happen to know where its located on the Steam version of DCS?
Old 05-26-2019, 10:29 AM   #1166
PEEP

Quote:
Hey PEEP,
Thanks again for your reply.
I checked the post you mentioned and it looks like I don't have a DCS.openbeta folder in my Saved Games, you wouldn't happen to know where its located on the Steam version of DCS?
Hi again
I dont have the steam version but all i can suggest is do a search for , json , and you should get pointed to it somewhere in your saved games folder.
It could be something like C/users/your name/Saved games/DCS.steam/scripts/DCS-BIOS/doc/json

Last edited by PEEP; 05-26-2019 at 10:41 AM. Reason: additional information
Old 05-26-2019, 11:02 AM   #1167
Fallen_Tyrael

Quote:
Hi again
I dont have the steam version but all i can suggest is do a search for , json , and you should get pointed to it somewhere in your saved games folder.
It could be something like C/users/your name/Saved games/DCS.steam/scripts/DCS-BIOS/doc/json
Yes mine is "C:\Users\your name\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\doc\json" and everything is in there.
What is odd is that the commands I have set to a key work in game despite the warning, however pressing a button on the PZ70 seems to be doing a double press, same thing is happening with Key Emulator as well.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:11 AM   #1168
PEEP

Quote:
Yes mine is "C:\Users\your name\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\doc\json" and everything is in there.
What is odd is that the commands I have set to a key work in game despite the warning, however pressing a button on the PZ70 seems to be doing a double press, same thing is happening with Key Emulator as well.
Hi again, i have not come across this before. We will have to wait for ArturDCS to see your bug report and hopefully he can steer you in the right direction
Old 05-26-2019, 11:22 AM   #1169
Fallen_Tyrael

Quote:
Hi again, i have not come across this before. We will have to wait for ArturDCS to see your bug report and hopefully he can steer you in the right direction
Ok, thank you for your help anyway.

I just did a clean install and now I'm no longer getting the location error, now I just need to figure out why im getting 2 key presses instead of 1 still.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:16 PM   #1170
ArturDCS

OK so if you configure "A" it produces 2 A's? Is it when using VK_NULL?

edit:
I've been testing here and it does seem to work? What could it be, are anyone else having these problems?Check your profile, post the relevant part of the profile here.
Fallen_Tyrael, you can test by opening Notepad and while clicking see how many letters are produced, for example letter A. I don't have a problem here so atm I don't know what is going on.

Quote:
Ok, thank you for your help anyway.

I just did a clean install and now I'm no longer getting the location error, now I just need to figure out why im getting 2 key presses instead of 1 still.

Last edited by ArturDCS; 05-26-2019 at 02:23 PM.
ArturDCS is offline   Reply With Quote