Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Hi @Shepherd,

If you were playing online it's possible that the host has disabled telemetry data export to "prevent cheating". This would generate empty .acmi files. In this case you could play back the .trk file generated by DCS World after your flight has ended and this should generate a proper .acmi file.

The other possibility that comes to mind is a corrupted export.lua file. Other add-ons may have prevented the Tacview exporter from running properly. If this is the case the simplest solution would be to delete your export.lua file and then to reinstall Tacview.

Let me know if this works!

Hi, I just started using tacview again. I have noticed a strange issue. It records a acmi file and puts it the proper folder but window almost always shown it as 1KB but if i click on it and look deeper into its properties/general tab its some other value that is consistent with an actual acmi file.

Needless to say that it does not play back...can someone please advise as to what might be the problem.

Hi Captain Orso,

The fuel flow and actual fuel amount carried is available only for certain aircraft in DCS World.

It's safe to say that if you don't see it, that means that the exporter does not record fuel information for that aircraft.

What aircraft are you flying? We will see if it's possible to include the fuel information for that aircraft in a future update.

We are very interested in providing weapon load-out information however it's difficult to extract this information from DCS World. This is planned for a later update.

Question(s) for the Tacview team.

I see the Object labels for 'Fuel flow', but they are never displayed. Why not?

Is there anyway to display the actual fuel amount carried?

Is there any way to show the weapons carried at any give time?

Hi Emmy,

The Above Sea Level (ASL) altitude displayed in Tacview is the true "GPS" altitude regardless of the altimeter settings in your aircraft.

The indicated altitude in your cockpit is not yet recorded nor displayed in Tacview.

Is this something that would be important to you to be included in Tacview the future?

Does TacView report MSL Altitudes correctly at non-standard altimeter settings or does it always assume your pressure is 29.92” ?

Hi Emmy,

The Above Sea Level (ASL) altitude displayed in Tacview is the true "GPS" altitude regardless of the altimeter settings in your aircraft.

The indicated altitude in your cockpit is not yet recorded nor displayed in Tacview.

Is this something that would be important to you to be included in Tacview the future?

It would in those circumstances where debriefing a specific altitude is important. In our squadron's case, we fly our own internal "Hawgsmoke" competitions where our dive bombing profiles are geared to specific altitudes "at the wire" when you tip in so being able to see exactly where you were when you rolled in is, to me, important.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

@Vyrtuoz , think i figured it out. I started to install Tacview on a different drive because my C drive was getting full. reinstalled to the default drive and things are working again

FC3 | UH-1H | A-10C | F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | P-51D | F-5E | AV-8B |

Caucasus | Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | The Channel |

SuperCarrier |

Hi Emmy,

What aircraft are you flying? We'll check if this information is available for your aircraft.

Also there is a tool in Tacview which can flag out of bounds altitudes. In the Telemetry window, right-click on the ASL or AGL value to set a min and max altitude. Maybe this could be useful to you in the meantime.

It would in those circumstances where debriefing a specific altitude is important. In our squadron's case, we fly our own internal "Hawgsmoke" competitions where our dive bombing profiles are geared to specific altitudes "at the wire" when you tip in so being able to see exactly where you were when you rolled in is, to me, important.

Hi 195th_Magic

That's great news!

It's also possible to install Tacview on a C drive which may be close to full but to record flights in a different location by specifying in

Settings -> ACMI Files Recording Folder

Generally it should also be possible to install Tacview on a different drive so I am still not sure what your exact issue was but I am glad to hear it's resolved.

@Vyrtuoz , think i figured it out. I started to install Tacview on a different drive because my C drive was getting full. reinstalled to the default drive and things are working again

Hi Emmy,

What aircraft are you flying? We'll check if this information is available for your aircraft.

Also there is a tool in Tacview which can flag out of bounds altitudes. In the Telemetry window, right-click on the ASL or AGL value to set a min and max altitude. Maybe this could be useful to you in the meantime.

A-10C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Hi Captain Orso,

The fuel flow and actual fuel amount carried is available only for certain aircraft in DCS World.

It's safe to say that if you don't see it, that means that the exporter does not record fuel information for that aircraft.

What aircraft are you flying? We will see if it's possible to include the fuel information for that aircraft in a future update.

Hi BB, and thanks for the reply.

I'm looking specifically at the AV-8B-NA Harrier. She's a real gas-guzzler. I can't say how many times I've landed and either made it off the runway, or had to eject having already lined up with the runway. To paraphrase Alec Baldwin, "sad".

We are very interested in providing weapon load-out information however it's difficult to extract this information from DCS World. This is planned for a later update.

That would be cool. It would make analyzing a recording much more interesting, if you could see exactly what weapons were available at any given time.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

To use TacView with the new DCS World 2.5 Open Beta Dedicated Server, is rei-nstall enough or do i need change the setup?

Edit: Copy & Paste works for me, but i don't know ho to change the 10min. delay for clients.

Edited by mwd2

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Hi Captain Orso,

Unfortunately the Harrier exposes little to no cockpit data ("sad" indeed!) but we will see what we can do.

Hi BB, and thanks for the reply.

I'm looking specifically at the AV-8B-NA Harrier. She's a real gas-guzzler. I can't say how many times I've landed and either made it off the runway, or had to eject having already lined up with the runway. To paraphrase Alec Baldwin, "sad".

Currentyl not @GamePC, but I think in DCS, go to Settings, modules(?), then TacView.

There's the option for the delay.

It was for the Dedicated Server Setup!

I have add in the ..\DCS.openbeta_server\Config\option.lua File

["Tacview"] = {
           ["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,
           ["tacviewClientTelemetryPassword"] = "",
           ["tacviewCompressionLevel"] = 1,
           ["tacviewDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
           ["tacviewDebugModeEnabled"] = false,
           ["tacviewHostTelemetryPassword"] = "",
           ["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 0,
           ["tacviewProfilingPeriod"] = 600,
           ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "42674",
           ["tacviewRecordClientsSessionsEnabled"] = false,
           ["tacviewRemoteControlPassword"] = "",
           ["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "42675",
           ["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,
       },

it is just a copy & paste from my OpenBeta setup

Edited by mwd2

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Hi mwd2,

Looks like you've resolved your issues, but just to confirm, you would need to reinstall Tacview each time you launch a new install of DCS World. After that you shouldn't be forced to change any settings of Tacview just to use the dedicated server.

To change the 10 min delay for clients you can amend the Tacview options in Saved Games\DCS\Config\options.lua as follows:

For Real-Time:

["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 0

For 5-min delay

["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 300

For 10-min delay

["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 600

For 20-min delay

["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 1200

For 30-min delay

["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 1800

To use TacView with the new DCS World 2.5 Open Beta Dedicated Server, is rei-nstall enough or do i need change the setup?

Edit: Copy & Paste works for me, but i don't know ho to change the 10min. delay for clients.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes. I will add the F/A-18C fuel in the next release (if available the data is available to the exporter)

Hi, I've tried the latest stable version and Tacview Beta, but I still can not see fuel information from the F-18.

Should I do something to get that information?

Thanks in advance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Hi Borin,

We have tried in the past to integrate a model of this aircraft unsuccessfully; however that was years ago so we'll give it another shot. If it works you'll see it in a coming update.

Thanks for the idea!

Is it possible that you add the modell of the C-101EB/CC?

Hi Comillo,

Sorry we have not had time to implement this yet. But we did not forget - it is still on our to-do list! The current Betas are dedicated to the ongoing NATO Tigers exercise.

(When we do implement this, you will be able to see the fuel information using Tacview Standard or Tacview Advanced without needing to do anything)

Thanks for your patience,

Hi, I've tried the latest stable version and Tacview Beta, but I still can not see fuel information from the F-18.

Should I do something to get that information?

Thanks in advance

Sorry for these maybe noob questions....

scenario 1. Host DOES NOT have tacview but has enabled export of data..will client be able to record ?

Scenario 2. Host HAS tacview and enabled and no delay and one client have export on but no tacview ..will we see this client ?

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi macedk

1. Yes, as long as the server authorizes full object-export (in host options), each client who has Tacview will be able to record their flight. However, to prevent cheating, a default 10 minutes delay will be applied. So, the last 10 minutes of the flight will not be available (in the case the host does not have Tacview installed).

2. As long as the host has Tacview installed, it will always be able to record the flight of any client which joins the mission. (Note that object-export is an option of the server and not of the client).

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

• 2 weeks later...
Hi mwd2,

Looks like you've resolved your issues, but just to confirm, you would need to reinstall Tacview each time you launch a new install of DCS World. After that you shouldn't be forced to change any settings of Tacview just to use the dedicated server.

To change the 10 min delay for clients you can amend the Tacview options in Saved Games\DCS\Config\options.lua as follows:

For Real-Time:

["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 0

For 5-min delay

["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 300

For 10-min delay

["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 600

For 20-min delay

["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 1200

For 30-min delay

["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 1800

Hi BuzyBee, I'm not having any luck trying to get rid of the 10 minute delay on my dedicated server. I'm running 2 incidents of the server on one PC and no mater what I try it still has the 10 min delay before recording.

I've been through this forum and your websites support FAQ's trying different suggestions but still have the delay.

Could I please have some step by step instructions on how to get rid of this 10 Min delay.

["tacviewProfilingPeriod"] = 60,

Other than the 10 min delay issues, everything else works fine.

Many Thanks.

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:gun_smilie:

229th Assault Helicopter Battalion - Always Recruiting

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

DCS Squadron Recruiting Page for the 229th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267081

For details see our website at:

http://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/

Hi BuzyBee, I'm not having any luck trying to get rid of the 10 minute delay on my dedicated server. I'm running 2 incidents of the server on one PC and no mater what I try it still has the 10 min delay before recording.

I've been through this forum and your websites support FAQ's trying different suggestions but still have the delay.

Could I please have some step by step instructions on how to get rid of this 10 Min delay.

Other than the 10 min delay issues, everything else works fine.

Many Thanks.

Hi Space Cadet,

Have you have installed Tacview/Exporter on your server(s)? If not, modifying the configuration file will have no effect.

You can always putt Telemetry Export to OFF if you are worried about CPU usage

["tacviewDataRecordingEnabled"] = false

If this doesn't help can you please share the host's configuration files? I will take a look!

Hi Space Cadet,

Have you have installed Tacview/Exporter on your server(s)? If not, modifying the configuration file will have no effect.

You can always putt Telemetry Export to OFF if you are worried about CPU usage

["tacviewDataRecordingEnabled"] = false

If this doesn't help can you please share the host's configuration files? I will take a look!

Hi BuzyBee, unfortunately it didn't work.

It appears that Tacview doesn't add the extra to the options.lua file until after DCS has been run.

I have 2 PC's running 3 servers.

The PC that runs only 1 server is the original (First Released) dedicated server so has the ability to see the DCS GUI Interface / Settings Menu.

After installing Tacview and running the GUI interface and setting the options inside of DCS, the single server PC has the 10 min restriction now gone, (As expected).

However, the second PC (the one I actually want to run Tacview on) running 2 servers, is the new latest released dedicated server and thus has no GUI and thus has no way to setup Tacview within DCS.

I manually added the additional data to the root options.lua first but that didn't work, still has the 10 min delay. I then cut and pasted it into one of the individual server options.lua files but still didn't remove the 10min delay.

Just to confirm... After installing Tacview, non of the option.lua files had changed. I had to manually edit these files.

Below is the DCS dedicated server root options.lua file, followed by the individual server options.lua file "after I cut and pasted in the tacview details".

Thank You.

---------------------------------------------------

options = {

["graphics"] = {

["height"] = 600,

["visibRange"] = "High",

["width"] = 800,

},

["miscellaneous"] = {

["autologin"] = true,

},

["plugins"] = {

},

["Tacview"] = {

["tacviewDataRecordingEnabled"] = false,

},

}

----------------------------------------------------------

options = {

["Tacview"] = {

["tacviewDataRecordingEnabled"] = false,

},

["VR"] = {

["box_mouse_cursor"] = true,

["enable"] = true,

["pixel_density"] = 1,

["use_mouse"] = false,

},

["difficulty"] = {

["RBDAI"] = true,

["aircraftMode"] = true,

["avionicsLanguage"] = "native",

["birds"] = 0,

["cockpitStatusBarAllowed"] = false,

["cockpitVisualRM"] = false,

["compassTape"] = true,

["controlsIndicator"] = true,

["easyCommunication"] = true,

["easyFlight"] = false,

["easyRadar"] = false,

["externalViews"] = true,

["fuel"] = false,

["geffect"] = "realistic",

["hideStick"] = false,

["iconsTheme"] = "nato",

["immortal"] = false,

["labels"] = true,

["map"] = true,

["miniHUD"] = false,

["optionsView"] = "optview_all",

["padlock"] = true,

["permitCrash"] = true,

["radio"] = false,

["reports"] = true,

["setGlobal"] = true,

["spectatorExternalViews"] = true,

["tips"] = true,

["units"] = "imperial",

["userMarks"] = true,

["userSnapView"] = true,

["weapons"] = false,

},

["format"] = 1,

["graphics"] = {

["DOF"] = 0,

["LensEffects"] = 3,

["MSAA"] = 2,

["anisotropy"] = 4,

["aspect"] = 1.6666666666,

["chimneySmokeDensity"] = 4,

["civTraffic"] = "",

["clouds"] = 1,

["clutterMaxDistance"] = 0,

["cockpitGI"] = 1,

["disableAero"] = false,

["effects"] = 3,

["flatTerrainShadows"] = 0,

["forestDistanceFactor"] = 0.5,

["fullScreen"] = false,

["heatBlr"] = 0,

["height"] = 768,

["lights"] = 2,

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "1camera",

["outputGamma"] = 2.2,

["preloadRadius"] = 150000,

["shadowTree"] = false,

["shadows"] = 2,

["sync"] = false,

["terrainTextures"] = "min",

["textures"] = 0,

["treesVisibility"] = 6000,

["useDeferredShading"] = 1,

["visibRange"] = "High",

["water"] = 2,

["width"] = 1280,

},

["miscellaneous"] = {

["Coordinate_Display"] = "Lat Long",

["F2_view_effects"] = 1,

["TrackIR_external_views"] = true,

["accidental_failures"] = false,

["autologin"] = true,

["chat_window_at_start"] = true,

["collect_stat"] = false,

["f10_awacs"] = true,

["f11_free_camera"] = true,

["f5_nearest_ac"] = true,

["force_feedback_enabled"] = true,

["headmove"] = false,

["show_pilot_body"] = false,

["synchronize_controls"] = false,

},

["plugins"] = {

},

["sound"] = {

["GBreathEffect"] = true,

["cockpit"] = 100,

["gui"] = 100,

["headphones"] = 100,

["headphones_on_external_views"] = true,

["hear_in_helmet"] = false,

["music"] = 100,

["radioSpeech"] = true,

["subtitles"] = true,

["volume"] = 100,

["world"] = 100,

},

["views"] = {

["cockpit"] = {

["avionics"] = 0,

["mirrors"] = false,

["reflections"] = false,

},

},

}

Edited by Space Cadet

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:gun_smilie:

229th Assault Helicopter Battalion - Always Recruiting

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

DCS Squadron Recruiting Page for the 229th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267081

For details see our website at:

http://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/