The New Oculas Quest

Hi Everyone,

I’m sure all of you are aware of the new Oculus Quest will be out soon(I hope) and was wondering how good do you think it will work with DCS? I am currrently not a VR user but would like to get into it. Would like to hear your thoughts on this new Oculus product.

Thank you

If you want Peace, be prepared to fight for it ! :pilotfly:

I’m sure all of you are aware of the new Oculus Quest will be out soon(I hope) and was wondering how good do you think it will work with DCS?

Not so soon .. at least six more months, it should go on sale on Spring 2019.

It won't work with DCS World, nor with any of the current PC-based VR Games, like Eurotruck Simulator 2 or Asetto Corsa ... as it doesnt make use of a PC, instead it includes a cheap processor, similar to those used on smartphones, so it wont really be ideal for high performance games .. sems to be more oriented to social gaming and augmented reality games.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Be aware that it “might” be possible to get it to run with an application called ALVR.

Being fair though, as the quest costs the same as a Rift, not sure why you’d introduce the issues of relying on a WiFi signal for video transmission.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Be aware that it “might” be possible to get it to run with an application called ALVR.

Being fair though, as the quest costs the same as a Rift, not sure why you’d introduce the issues of relying on a WiFi signal for video transmission.

For room sized VR experiences being wireless will be a huge benefit. For DCS however, not so much, and as it is bound to introduce connection issues, it might not be a god send.

I'm surprised you missed that!

I prefer cables and less cancer

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 7 months later...