TM Warthog A/B Detent curve

MTFDarkEagle

Funny, I have the same one unless it is a earlier build... The one Debolestis made?

this one:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/3MJPNE2SV/warthog-throttle-part-afterburner-detent?optionId=63799442&li=related-items

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

With the Tomcat, I observe something a bit strange. The cure works very well and AB turn on when I pass the detent.

However, when I decrease the throttle and pass the detent in the inverse direction, the AB stays on. I have to move the throttle quite a bit further back than the position where the AB turned on :huh:

It's a bit like there is a hysteresis effect. I don't have that in other aircraft and it's not my hardware as I monitor the position with the RCTRL+ENTER overlay.

Do you guys observe that as well?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

With the Tomcat, I observe something a bit strange. The cure works very well and AB turn on when I pass the detent.

However, when I decrease the throttle and pass the detent in the inverse direction, the AB stays on. I have to move the throttle quite a bit further back than the position where the AB turned on :huh:

It's a bit like there is a hysteresis effect. I don't have that in other aircraft and it's not my hardware as I monitor the position with the RCTRL+ENTER overlay.

Do you guys observe that as well?

Yep, so I adjusted my curve to disengage AB on the return, making it ignite a little later in my push trough detent.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Yep, so I adjusted my curve to disengage AB on the return, making it ignite a little later in my push trough detent.

Ah, good to know I'm not (completely) crazy :) You think it's a feature or a bug?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

a lot of consistent trial an error... but for AB on the detent its kind of easy, adjust the curve so that the physical position of the throttle overlays a logical separator, test in game adjust and repeat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Honestly, how do you setup these curves so well? I'd like to learn how to do it myself too

Trial and error :)

With the linear curve you can judge if the AB is before or after the detent (usually after), and by how much.

Then it just takes some practice and trial and error to get the correct spot, make the result linear and correct the AB spot again.

Usually it takes me around 10-15 minutes or so to setup a curve.

• 5 months later...

Had a quick go at sorting a curve tonight but I’m exhausted - will hopefully have some values for you all tomorrow unless someone else gets it done before then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

0-1-3-12-25-39-52-65-77-89-100 appears to switch my AB on and off at the right time and appears to move linearly between idle and full military, for my throttle.

the one thing that worries me is whether there is enough range to change the power level once in AB.

there does appear to be a bit of a question mark, at the moment, over whether full AB power is being reached in the F16. I'm not overly sure that this will make any difference to the curve, whatever the outcome, but let's see.

0-1-3-12-25-39-52-65-77-89-100 appears to switch my AB on and off at the right time and appears to move linearly between idle and full military, for my throttle

I used this as a starting point, but had to tweak mine slightly around the AB engagement point - if I had remembered, I would have taken a note and posted mine here. Will do so when I get home.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

you're probably going to have to change it again, as the latest update to the AB meant that it activated at below the detent. for me at least.

i just raised all of the numbers by a few points and that seemed to fix it.

0-6-13-21-30-41-54-67-90-100 if anyone is interested.