Mapping Radio/Rotary Nobs in game

Chrommy

Hello DCS folk. I was wondering if anyone was successful in getting rotary nobs working in any sense? I have a Saitek x56 HOTAS, and would love to use the 2 rotary nobs by mapping them in game, as opposed to using the Logitech software to map a workaround.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the massive jitter of the X52 slider to my advantage. I use it for the zoom of the radar/HDD in the Flanker.

I always found it anoying how it would switch the zoom level when I change between the different navigation and combat modes.

With the jitter of the slider, there is a constant input, so it keeps the zoom at the level I set it to, even if I switch modes.

I use the massive jitter of the X52 slider to my advantage. I use it for the zoom of the radar/HDD in the Flanker.

I always found it anoying how it would switch the zoom level when I change between the different navigation and combat modes.

With the jitter of the slider, there is a constant input, so it keeps the zoom at the level I set it to, even if I switch modes.

I don't use pedals so I use the slider for my brakes, seems to work well but who knows that may be why sometimes I'm not getting the braking control I need.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chrommy, I guess it depends on the aircraft you are flying (what axis assignments are available) but the only useful in-game setting I have found (in A10C module) is Zoom. I set axis as a slider and set Y saturation to 50%. This means fully clockwise is 'normal' and turning anti-clockwise is zoom in (I don't need zoom out as I have triple monitors and head tracking).