SSS Down x2 does not put you in HTS mode with the keybinds.

Snacko

I have the key commands assigned to my x55. The default keys for SSS Down are LWin+N. I press it twice as holding LWin and pressing N twice, but that does not work. So, I press LWin+N, LWin+N and that also does not work.

I also just try this using the keyboard, and that does not work. So, I reassign the LWin+N command to see if that helps(it has on other keys), but it also doesn't help.

So, I just assign one key. the ; key. I press this twice and it works fine!!

So, LWin+N twice does not work for me. I can see in my Saitek profile tester that my button key commands are sending the correct keys. I also test the keyboard and it is sending the correct keys.

One other note. Some of your commands use the RWin key. This key is not on most keyboards. Please don't use it.

Thanks,

Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Just a thought, but do you have a keyboard which allows you to turn the WIN key on and off? I have a Logitech G19s and when the WIN key slider (just above F2) is to the left then the WIN key operates normally (in Windows) and some - not all - games lose focus when I press it. When it's to the right the WIN key is usable in games. May be unrelated to your issue but thought I'd mention it.

zJ1Ybaw.png

Edited by epoch
Added a pic

No I don't, but thanks for asking..

But there are more problems with this.. I have been trying to learn the TPOD HTS mode on the Hotas, and it has not been working consistently. I was really confused as to what works and what doesn't. But I think I have figured it out...

Don't use ANY Win keys in this game please!!

The L & R Win keys are Windows 'hot' keys, and can be configured differently on different systems. But in general Windows is watching for these key combinations to be pressed so it can do stuff. Yes, even when you have this game or some other app with the focus. Windows is trying to 'help'.

The AV8B uses these key combos:

LWin + J

LWin + N

LWin + U

LWin + Y

LWin + I

LWin + Q

LWin + C

LWin + W

LWin + D

LWin +

RWin +

And Windows uses these key combos:

LWin Open or close Start Menu.

LWin + A Open Action center.

LWin + C Open Cortana in listening mode.

LWin + D Display and hide the desktop.

LWin + E Open File Explorer.

LWin + G Open Game bar when a game is open.

LWin + H Open the Share charm.

LWin + I Open Settings.

LWin + K Open the Connect quick action.

LWin + L Lock your PC or switch accounts.

LWin + M Minimize all windows.

LWin + R Open Run dialog box.

LWin + S Open Search.

LWin + U Open Ease of Access Center.

LWin + X Open Quick Link menu.

there are many more, but I hope that you get the point.

I think Windows is capturing some of the game's key commands and so the keys don't work. As I stated above, I know that LWin + N does not work at all. I have assigned my SS keys to ; . , / and T, for Fore, Aft, L, R, and Down. This seems to have fixed my problems.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

That's why I mentioned the keyboard I have. When I slide the slider to the right Windows no longer intercepts the WIN key for windows commands and they work fine in games. All of them, including LWIN-X, LWIN-L etc etc. It's a 'game mode' key. But obviously this isn't the cause of your problem, though you wouldn't have the issue if you had a gaming keyboard with this functionality. So good you've highlighted it for the benefit of others :thumbup: