VFA-113 STINGERS - "OPERATION HOPE" - AAR - 20th JUNE 2014 PDT

Mission creator: JAR

Brief: 6.15pm

Launch: 6.30pm

TOT: 6.45 - 7.00pm

Recover: 8.00pm

pic01_mission.jpg

MISSION BRIEF:

President Obama has contacted General Zardoz requesting a meeting to discuss a cease-fire and roadmap to peace named “Operation Hope”. General Zardoz has reluctantly agreed to meet President Obama in Batumi, Georgia.

All available forces loyal to General Zardoz are moving up to support the great General in his talks with this Western Leader.

MISSION INTEL:

WESTERN FORCES:

President Osama has a heavy Secret Service contingent on station. As well as regular security forces supported with HumVees.

The USS Antietam is berthed at the Palace meeting place. She will be providing ASW, SAM, and JTAC support.

M1 tanks have been reported moving around to the north of the city and a fix has not been established yet. ZAB North Forces are advised to proceed with caution.

USS Intrepid is stationed off the coast with the venerable VFA-113 on stand by. No overhead air patrol is present due to the sensitivity of the meeting.

ZARDOZ FORCES:

No Air Forces are active at this time so any air contact should be considered hostile. The General Zardoz helicopter will be explicitly tracked and out of area should hostilites begin.

An SA-11 SAM site is established North West of Kobuleti Air Base to provide long range air supression should western air forces decide they want to look further Northwards.

ZAB North forces consist of a heavy company of ZAB SA-8 OSA SAM vehicles that will provide medium range air suppression over the city of Batumi. A company of BMP's will move forward first to clear the area of enemy opposition.

ZAB West forces have infiltrated the city and are waiting to pounce. 23mm AAA have been set up on top of buildings for better firing arcs. Infantry have RPG's at the ready, and are ready to capture President Osama.

MISSION REPORT:

ZAB force comrades Yakbeard, Sabre-TLA, TurboRUSH, Prowler, and Brass from ZAB group North, start manning the SA-8 OSA SAM vehicles and begin moving them South into position to cover the upcoming meeting. Comrade Jim will join the fight later.

The President, General Zardoz, and dignitaries are seated and waiting. Security forces are on high alert. The meeting begins when the President takes the podium;

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA:

"Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.

General Zardoz, welcome and thank you for coming to Batumi to participate in Operation Hope.

Last Week, US Navy warplanes attacked the TU-95 bomber fleet at Krasnodar, narrowly preventing the use of chemical weapons in this conflict.

General Zardoz assures me that he had no knowledge of the events at Karsnodar Air Base.

I believe him, and I also believe that with his cooperation, we can bring an end to this violent conflict.

Today US Navy warplanes patrol the skies over the Black Sea, we have delivered 20 new buses to transport General Zardoz loyalists out of the Crimea, and we are prepared to do more.

The relocation of citizens loyal to General Zardoz will make a critical differnce in whether or not the international order continues to move forward.

And that's the question we all must answere: What kind of Europe, What kind of America, what kind of world will we leave behind?

General Zardoz, I believe that if we hold firm to our principles and are willing to back our beliefs with courage and resolve, then hope will ultimately overcome fear, and freedom will continue to triumph over tyranny, because that is what forever stirs in the human heart.

Thank you very much. (Applause.)

And now, with hope a peaceful resolution to this conflict, please welcome to the podium, General Vladmir Zardoz of the ZAB." (Applause.)

The personal helicopter of General Zardoz touches down at the meeting in front of the Palace. The speeches continue.

pic02_general_zardoz_transport_arrives.jpg

GENERAL VLADMIRE ZARDOZ:

"That is truly hopeful speech President Osama, unfortunately I do not care for your words.

This is, in fact, the worst peace conference I have ever attended, and I fought against the Mujahideen...

Comrade Brassem Zagaria has just landed my helicopter outside and now I will be leaving.

Ha ha! Look Comrade Brassem, the American buses.

Painted yellow like the spine of their President."

During the confusion the security forces do not notice a truck rolling up the road towards the Palace.

GENERAL VLADMIRE ZARDOZ:\

"President Osama, you will be joining me shortly.

This city has been infiltrated by my finest troops, they have orders to capture you.

Quickly Comrade Brassem, take-off! That truck approaching is full of explosives!"

Just as the helicopter takes off, the truck drives up to the yellow buses and explodes. Very heavy fire starts coming in on the security forces guarding the Palace and the press gallery.

pic03a_boom.jpg

USA SECRET SERVICE TRANSMISSION;

FLASH: Operation Hope has come under terrorist attack! A truck bomb has exploded outside the Palace. Hostile forces are now being observed moving throughtout the city. Secrutiy Forces will attempt to move POTUS South to Batumi Airport for egress by Air Force One as soon as the route is established. Condition RED and Weapons Free. Repeat; Condition RED and Weapons Free. General Zardoz has escaped North and is no priority at this time.

The Great General Zardoz has not sold us out!

As ZAB North move down the road, BMP commander Lt Orlov shouts out an enemy contact ahead.

Comrade TurboRUSH manning one of the lead BMP's stikes forward to engage and gets off the first rounds on target at the Western ground forces, and quickly eliminates the threat. Shortly after Sabre_TLA gets the first 9M33 SAM shot off at a STINGER for a hit. Two more SAM are on their way to target shortly after that. M1 tanks will unfortunately halt his advance.

pic_m1_tanks.jpg

pic03b.jpg

The SA-11 SAM site launches a full bracket of SAM's to take out the invading intruder. The 6 SAM's miss as the intruder pushes out of range this time, but they will take their toll.

pic_buk_fires.jpg

ZAB radar screens go quiet as single strike package runs are called in by the western FAC.

ZAB West AAA are manned and get Targets flying in on their strike. Yakbeard engages with the OSA from distance. KIRKA falls to ZAB guns. ZAB West is now almost manned.

pic04_aaa.jpg

OSA's on ZAB North get another Kill on the SEAD attacker. The SA-11 to the North expends all their ordinance.

After many runs, the STINGERS succeed in making a pathway for the HumVee motorcade to get the President to Air Force One.

pic05_stuka_kirka.jpg

pic06_skelator_egress.jpg

pic07_mojeaux_outruns_sams.jpg

FLASH: Great work VFA-113. Super Six One reports all ZAB ambush forces have been eliminated. POTUS is on the move. ETA 5 mikes.

With the POTUS motorcade almost there, Mojeaux outruns several 9M33's

FLASH: President Obama has safetly arrived at Batumi Airport to board Air Force One. Mission Success! All units are ordered to RTB.

pic08_potus_leaves.jpg

MISSION DEBRIEF:

With only 4 STINGERS on active duty these STINGERS had their work cut out for them to protect the President. For the first time ZAB outnumbered STINGERS. Will these westerners hold the line?

General Zardoz has made good his escape. Salute to General Zardoz!

Edited by BrassEm

Hi Spectre we were using the flyable mod available at the User files but has evolved into a private mod only available to squadron pilots. Sorry but as there has been much hard work by good friends and myself to keep it functioning through all the DCS updates we are unable to offer it publicly.

Can you provide a screenshot of your cockpit? :)

BrassEm is starting a new Combined Arms squadron soon which most Stinger aircrew will be joining after next weeks final VFA-113 cruise mission.

Nice idea!

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]