F-86 Release date?

Revan

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2014 TM

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Hahaha ... will we never learn? Automatically add six months to a year to the end of ANY release date or ride the roller coaster.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

Hahaha ... will we never learn? Automatically add six months to a year to the end of ANY release date or ride the roller coaster.

It is easier to wait if you're being optimistic: "it's only few more months to wait".. Right? :smilewink: :smartass:

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

Like all others DCS projects, date off realese is unknown. Some times is because off this, some times is because that.

I I really support the projects of the DCS, for me the best simulator on the market today.

But I wish the developers had a more similar approach bout what happens in the forums pCars (racing simulator), where they play it constantly in the community, always reporting the news, whether good or bad.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

Belsimtek have been spot on in both delivering quality products relatively close to one another (even though still on beta, I could care les as long as I can fly it)

They've also been pretty good at their estimated delivery time...we can expect two modules from them in 2014 is pretty cool. I'm happy as hell it's the 86 and 1G.

I don't know. Huey still isn't finished - major promised features remain missing. I eouldn't be surprised if they disappear entirely. F-15 AFM is nowhere near any of the long line of advertised release dates. They leave a lot to be desired in that area, but so does everybody else, including what you might call first-party aircraft, such as the F-18C.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

I don't know. Huey still isn't finished - major promised features remain missing. I eouldn't be surprised if they disappear entirely. F-15 AFM is nowhere near any of the long line of advertised release dates. They leave a lot to be desired in that area, but so does everybody else, including what you might call first-party aircraft, such as the F-18C.

And as has been stated repeatedly the items unfinished are all related to ED not Belsimtek... Until ED completes their portion of things Belsimtek cannot possibly do anything about it...

Continuing to blame Belsimtek and complain about their products over things that are completely out of their hands is ridiculous.. And tiring for the rest of us..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

And as has been stated repeatedly the items unfinished are all related to ED not Belsimtek... Until ED completes their portion of things Belsimtek cannot possibly do anything about it...

Continuing to blame Belsimtek and complain about their products over things that are completely out of their hands is ridiculous.. And tiring for the rest of us..

I understand that, but they are issuing release dates and with them, certain practical expectations. Perhaps if so much of their development capability is beyond their control, they should either refrain from issuing release dates or have a serious meeting with those upon whom they rely beforehand. If they tell you it will be done at a certain time and it is not, they are to blame. This is a simple, base-level principle of business to which we all have to adhere in our own lives at some point. Belsimtek is no exception to the rule.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

Predicting they will miss a date is one thing, saying you won't be surprised if "they disappear entirely", seems a bit over the top.

Referring primarily to sling loads and shared cockpit? Will be interesting to see how much progress is made toward them through the remainder of this year. Huey beta was pushed pretty hard initially as the first DCS module to allow multiple players to share a cockpit. Still waiting on that. Mi-8 was released before Huey was finished and with the release of 1.2.7, Belsimtek said the Huey was essentially finished. Guess we'll see if 1.2.8 can deliver to us what we were told we could expect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

Referring primarily to sling loads and shared cockpit? Will be interesting to see how much progress is made toward them through the remainder of this year. Huey beta was pushed pretty hard initially as the first DCS module to allow multiple players to share a cockpit. Still waiting on that. Mi-8 was released before Huey was finished and with the release of 1.2.7, Belsimtek said the Huey was essentially finished. Guess we'll see if 1.2.8 can deliver to us what we were told we could expect.

To each their own, but I'd rather be flying a beta than looking at a few screenshots a month. Be easier to be a decent huey pilot before adding the complexity of sling loads, which involves a lot of dynamic physics calculations.

I would find it easier to shift my expectations than put so stock in what devs out down as release dates (Ina culture where release dates are almost expected to be missed)...still gives people a timeline.

To each their own

This is very true, but I still find it a shame we have to form reactions to promises broken.

Ina culture where release dates are almost expected to be missed)

This is unacceptable, yet true. DCS F-18C, MiG-21, HAWK, F-15 AFM and EDGE were all supposed to be active, at least in part, by now. At some point disappointment and frustration sets in.

...still gives people a timeline.

It does offer a timeline, but if that mark is found repeatedly unreliable, then what is it really offering beyond a false hope? Just food for thought.

I should add I LOVE Belsimtek's modules and underatand their products are of outstanding quality. I just believe they represent an unfortunate theme of suspect delivery and follow-through.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

This is very true, but I still find it a shame we have to form reactions to promises broken.

This is unacceptable, yet true. DCS F-18C, MiG-21, HAWK, F-15 AFM and EDGE were all supposed to be active, at least in part, by now. At some point disappointment and frustration sets in.

It does offer a timeline, but if that mark is found repeatedly unreliable, then what is it really offering beyond a false hope? Just food for thought.

I should add I LOVE Belsimtek's modules and underatand their products are of outstanding quality. I just believe they represent an unfortunate theme of suspect delivery and follow-through.

I understand the basic foundation where your frustration is coming from. Unfortunately it's the reality and I would cordially suggest you alter your expectations not because they are unreasonable, but because they will only bite you in the bum time and time again.

For things out of my control I always find it easier to adjust my expectation levels because those I can control.

Not that I'm defending bel as a fanboy, I'm sincerely happy with their products and their (relative) short release dates for two modules. They are currently the most active and IMHO have earned a track record for being the only third party/partner to have delivered a fly able product.

There is always room to improve, but on the meantime you can master other aspects.

I'm not trying to be a know it all, just offering a sincere suggestion that helps me.

Were release dates for the F-18 and F-15 AFM ever given?

Beta to be released during the spring.

May be later, owing to "it's DCS, let's expect it so we're not disappointed :P", but as others have said before, Belsimtek is not only the first, and so far only 3rd party dev to actually release a module, they also have a good track record of getting things out in time, so even if delayed, I would be surprised if it's much.

It doesn't say anything about either F-18C or the F-15 AFM. The only date I've seen for the F-15 AFM was "late march 2014" - we still have a week of march and BST clearly stated it's an estimated date, not a promise. I've never heard of a release date for the F-18C.

Edited by lmp

With a commercial advertisement that it suppose to debut this month I would hope they have things at the ready to be purchased once it's out there. I'm going on an assumption that this is part of the timing and why the actual time of the commercial debut has been tight lipped by ED staff. :music_whistling:

I count on a moderator or someone to chime on this and correct me now...:D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• 3 weeks later...