Excited about Sabre but will only buy if authentic theater is provided

Bahger

D. It's Shiney (I'm a Sucker for Shiney planes)

Only shiney jet plane worth being a sucker for is F-104:cry:

DCS why???????????

I wanted to be pretend I was in the movie "The Right Stuff"

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only shiney jet plane worth being a sucker for is F-104:cry:

DCS why???????????

I wanted to be pretend I was in the movie "The Right Stuff"

"DCS: Starfighter" has a nice ring to it.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

To be completely honest I don't understand how can people moan that they aren't getting enough jets etc. When the jets are finally getting announced and are close to release people are threatening the devs they won't buy the product unless it comes with a map.

Seriously can't make some people happy no matter how hard they try !

I on the other hand will buy it to support the devs that bring such fantastic crafts like the Huey or the magnificent 8 to make sure they continue to develop rather than drop out of the market.

'Fear the strike'

To be completely honest I don't understand how can people moan that they aren't getting enough jets etc. When the jets are finally getting announced and are close to release people are threatening the devs they won't buy the product unless it comes with a map.

I on the other hand will buy it to support the devs that bring such fantastic crafts like the Huey or the magnificent 8 to make sure they continue to develop rather than drop out of the market.

+1

Weren't A2A supposed to do a 104 for FSX back in the day?

I will buy the 86 without hesitation the second it comes out. Damn we only get one aircraft every six months and people are bitching? Unbeleivable... The 86 isn't delaying the development of anything else is it? I'll take anything I can get. Full stop.

A new map would be nice, but what's not to like in another aircraft? If you're not happy, just don't buy it, no need to throw the toys out of the pram!

Nobody is throwing his toys out of the pram. I started this thread not to whine but to make the very reasonable point -- and one on which many people here agree -- that until DCS/ED come up with their first new map in about fifteen years, their disparate collection of aircraft without theaters or supporting assets constitutes a test-flight simulation, not an operational flight simulation. However good these aircraft are -- I am sure that the F-86 will be superb -- there is a crucial difference between this product and anything approaching what most of us define as a full-featured combat flight sim.

Edited by Bahger
  • Like 1

+1. Extremely childish behaviour. Even if it had been justified, it'd still have been childish as they're complaining to a 3rd party dev who couldn't even make a map for the game if they wanted to.

Some people appear not to have had the patience to read the contents of this thread properly before throwing out accusations of childishness. As you would see if you read this thread carefully, several contributors, myself included, have acknowledged a clear and necessary distinction between the developers of the Sabre and DCS. Obviously Belsimtek is not responsible for theater development. However, its product is part of an overall business plan that is fragmented and imperfectly executed at the moment and has been for quite a while. I am happy to be patient and as I said in an earlier post, might even buy the F-86 after all but I am making a point that should be self-evident, which is that licensed content for DCS World is being released into an operational vacuum right now and that people who want to fly an operational combat study sim might not be happy test-flying a Sabre around an ancient and ahistorical Caucasus map with no appropriate battlefield assets.

Edited by Bahger

It's not occurred to you that though you don't think it's childish, others may?

No, because my tone was not childish, nor was the nature of the point I have been making. If you wish to criticize my argument I suggest you find a more appropriate adjective because "childish" doesn't work, whether you agree with me or not.

• Like 1