DCS and Pimax

Wags

Launched DCS from desktop icon no problem. SteamVR stays off. Gained about 10fps, maybe a little less. GPU still at 65% with the default evga software setting

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Launched DCS from desktop icon no problem. SteamVR stays off. Gained about 10fps, maybe a little less. GPU still at 65% with the default evga software setting

Can confirm, launching DCS.exe directly and not thru pitools works without any errors and get slight increase about 10 FPS too. Just make sure you uncheck steam auto start in developer tab of steamvr settings. Pitools render quality set to 1 and DCS PD set to 2.0 and getting between 55 to 60 FPS.

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

Holy, I am not a 2.0 PD and I'm at about 50 FPS in multiplayer. What usage percentage is your GPU?

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Holy, I am not a 2.0 PD and I'm at about 50 FPS in multiplayer. What usage percentage is your GPU?

Not sure since fpsvr is a steam app and only running DCS fps monitor. This us also F18 on cauc map free flight.

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

What altitude?

Whatever you start with in the fee flight instant mission. I can do swevivers trick and get 70 - 80 fps on my 5K+ but the image flickers really bad.

Can confirm, launching DCS.exe directly and not thru pitools works without any errors and get slight increase about 10 FPS too. Just make sure you uncheck steam auto start in developer tab of steamvr settings. Pitools render quality set to 1 and DCS PD set to 2.0 and getting between 55 to 60 FPS.

wow 2.0? I have a rtx 2080ti and i9 processor, 32gig s of ram and im struggeling at PD 1.0. I also run it without steamvr and pitool render at 1.0. I get maybe around 50 fps. It's not a very good experience, got some ghosting going on. Really struggeling with pimax overall, even with smart smoothing on i get ghosting and studders. I do have msaa on 2x, all shadows turned off, only have terrain and textures on high.

So it tired all graphics settings as low as you can go and everything turned off. with PD 1.5 i get 20 fps in free flight with F18 on caucasus. Don't even have parallel projections checked. field of view is normal, refresh rate is 90.

I think I know why I got so high a FPS. Even though I ran DCS.EXS directly and nt through SteamVR, SteamVR was running in the background in Task Manager and I had had the SS set to 20% with Pitool at 1.0 and DCS at 2.0. When I increased SS to 150% SteamVR to play another game, going back to DCS without SteamVR, the FPS was in the 20s. So try setting steam SS to 20% since is still runs in the background when running DCS directly. It still looks great.

I might just uninstall Steam VR to ensure its gone.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I think I know why I got so high a FPS. Even though I ran DCS.EXS directly and nt through SteamVR, SteamVR was running in the background in Task Manager and I had had the SS set to 20% with Pitool at 1.0 and DCS at 2.0. When I increased SS to 150% SteamVR to play another game, going back to DCS without SteamVR, the FPS was in the 20s. So try setting steam SS to 20% since is still runs in the background when running DCS directly. It still looks great.

hehe that makes more sense. Started to thing there was something seriously wrong with my computer =)

Let me know what happens when un uninstall steam =) would be very nice if that's possible so we don't have to use parallel projection to gain a few fps

Don't bother trying, DCS won't launch in VR that way.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Don't bother trying, DCS won't launch in VR that way.

Yes it wont launch without SteamVR being installed and goes to flat screen monitor unless you import the dcs.exe to pitool but then I get other handling errors when launching thru pitools unless I disable all of my modules with serial numbers.

I get other handling errors when launching thru pitools unless I disable all of my modules with serial numbers.

Same here, SweViver says they went away after a while, but they're damned annoying when every module presents this error;

2019-05-23.png

It takes me 5 minutes to launch DCS this way and when I do the GUI is so small, only shows the DCS logo...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same here, SweViver says they went away after a while, but they're damned annoying when every module presents this error;

2019-05-23.png

It takes me 5 minutes to launch DCS this way and when I do the GUI is so small, only shows the DCS logo...

Yes that's what I get. They go away because it cycles thru the modules with keys one at at time after you hit the ok button and it takes a while depending on how many modules with keys you have installed. If you go to saved game log folder, in the log.txt file, you will see a failure on the modules with serial numbers for security keys. Go to the Installed tab in DCS UI and disable them and the start up error goes away. Unfortunately only non key modules will work.

Edited by Naruto

Lol, yeah you were all correct. Waste of time.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I made a complete Pitool setup along with Steam VR when I first received my Pimax 5K+, to play I start Pitool, launch DCS from the Icon and steam VR starts in background. Every thing starts and flies well, no problems at all.

i7-7700, 32 GB, GTX 1080Ti, Water Cooled, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, MFG Crosswind Pedals,

Pimax 5k+

I made a complete Pitool setup along with Steam VR when I first received my Pimax 5K+, to play I start Pitool, launch DCS from the Icon and steam VR starts in background. Every thing starts and flies well, no problems at all.

i7-7700, 32 GB, GTX 1080Ti, Water Cooled, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, MFG Crosswind Pedals,

Pimax 5k+

There's never been an issue for most of us getting it to fly well. All we're trying to do with removing SteamVR and etc from the equation is to get more FPS.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I'm starting DCS from desktop, as usual. Pitool running, no steamvr. In flight, each time I click default on evga precisionx and I see the fps increase immediately. But then it goes right back to the normal fps again. It won't hold for some reason.

If I click default more than 7 or 8 times it lowers my fps to 10 and I have to restart everything to get it going properly again.

Here's hoping nvidia get wind of this and fix it in their drivers.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

I got i working today, i first went in to dcs and unchecked all my modules except F18. Then started it through pitools, didn't get any fatal error messages and it started within 10 seconds. Did the trick with PrecisionX, it worked but i got some kind of weird ghosting effect on my right Eye. It was not very enjoyable, but i got 20-30 frames more and my gpu went up to 99%.

Pimax must up their game:

Bring on the full 8K version(and hardware to support it..)!

Remember that the Reverb does not sport as wide a FOV as Pimax. It's strength is concentrated in 1st gen FOV and very high resolution.

Swings and roundabouts.:thumbup:

- 'The Dog's Rollocks' - [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] is a water cooled behemoth :

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat