Way to Fix the Anti-Collision Light for Ka-50 and others...

JOKERACTS

attachment.php?attachmentid=199895&stc=1&d=1544952486

I got clue on how to fix that annoying anti-collision light for Ka-50 and others modules that may affected well. :D

I think that should not be texture problem or rendering engine.

The problem could be in the 3D model, ED need to adjust the 3D light emitting source in the 3D model.

fix it with adjust the light emitting source 's size and align it 's position to outside the vehicle ' chassis, tune the light cone correctly, + add additional layer at the back of the cockpit to block it.

that kind of problem cannot be fix by player, only developer can access it. :doh: :book:

please fix it and release it on next update....

from my last test, I noticed the AI did not switch on any light on the Ka-50? please get everything back to normal.

this is very unfair for user customer that had purchased the module and figure the way to fix it, ED staffs got paid, they should fix it.

food is not free, electricity, internet access, whole things was not free....

someone willing to donate me?

936956393_Ka-50lightfix.thumb.jpg.9ef40dc0cc93ce01df351d90bc2814cd.jpg

Edited by JOKERACTS

attachment.php?attachmentid=199895&stc=1&d=1544952486

I got clue on how to fix that annoying anti-collision light for Ka-50 and others modules that may affected well. :D

I think that should not be texture problem or rendering engine.

The problem could be in the 3D model, ED need to adjust the 3D light emitting source in the 3D model.

fix it with adjust the light emitting source 's size and align it 's position to outside the vehicle ' chassis, tune the light cone correctly, + add additional layer at the back of the cockpit to block it.

that kind of problem cannot be fix by player, only developer can access it. :doh: :book:

please fix it and release it on next update....

from my last test, I noticed the AI did not switch on any light on the Ka-50? please get everything back to normal.

this is very unfair for user customer that had purchased the module and figure the way to fix it, ED staffs got paid, they should fix it.

food is not free, electricity, internet access, whole things was not free....

someone willing to donate me?

Yeah that issue is veeeeery annoying. Your suggestion is a decent workaround but not a fix. The fix is to make all lights to cast shadows! As it is not only the anticol light. Try in dark, to turn your nav lights to 100% - Same issue. Also try having someone behind you with taxi light on - same issue. Park on a FARP with farp lights on - same issue.. and so on...

Really hate that ED keep ignoring to comment on this major lighting bug even tho it is reported in many modules forums including the general dcs 2.5 forums.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Didn't they say they were doing a big update of the Ka-50 cockpit? Maybe it will include this.

Yes, but I haven't seen anything about any other ED module (like Mi-8 or Huey). Also this issue should have been considered ans fixed for all internal ED modules BEFORE making Deferred Shading mandatory (i.e. removing the possibility to disable it). I perfectly would understand the move to make it mandatory as a way of forcing third party developers that lags behind, if they themselves had taken actions to adopt their own modules. But doing it this way is just bad business model and customer care.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Didn't they say they were doing a big update of the Ka-50 cockpit? Maybe it will include this.

It is unlikely that the Cockpit update will fix this but I really hope ED will prove me wrong. And also, I hope 2019 doesn't mean we will see the new cockpit in Dec 2019....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried and tested with one at front, the navigation light did not pierce the front cockpit. fix should be in 3D model, just add a layer of solid texture non transparent at side and behind the cockpit.

wrap the cockpit with extra layer of non transparent solid texture.

I tried and tested with one at front, the navigation light did not pierce the front cockpit. fix should be in 3D model, just add a layer of solid texture non transparent at side and behind the cockpit.

wrap the cockpit with extra layer of non transparent solid texture.

Hm.. thats weird what you say as I am 100% sure, as I fly the shark in dark very often, last night I did as well, when I turn nav light to 100%, it lights up the cockpit, not as noticeable as the anticol light but still visible, so I keep it at 30% for that reason.

If you have tested with a landing light facing you, then you should check the backpanel of the cockpit, not the instruments, and you should see the shadow from the window frames etc... Again I am not sure, but to me it looks like the lights do not cast shadows and they lit trough everything, but I might be wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hm.. thats weird what you say as I am 100% sure, as I fly the shark in dark very often, last night I did as well, when I turn nav light to 100%, it lights up the cockpit, not as noticeable as the anticol light but still visible, so I keep it at 30% for that reason.

If you have tested with a landing light facing you, then you should check the backpanel of the cockpit, not the instruments, and you should see the shadow from the window frames etc... Again I am not sure, but to me it looks like the lights do not cast shadows and they lit trough everything, but I might be wrong.

I just tested it at night, checked the landing gear light do work like X-ray. :doh:

the navigation light also work in X-ray that goes 360 degree pierce all metal solid.

incompatible of texture layer vs those light layer..

so, its only the light from the Sun did not work like X-ray,

need to search for the source code that programmed the navigation light, landing gear light, adjust it to match the source code for the sun?

anyone know which files that work for the navigation light, collision light, landing gear light? and Sun light?

I got the clue, here "Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\shaders\deferred"

shadingCockpit.hlsl ,

they forgot to add those Spot lights, omni lights, they need to program it to allow the cockpit recognize the navigation light, landing light, collision light and block it to render properly as the sunlight

shadingFoliage.hlsl

they also forgot to add those Spot lights, omni lights, + afterburner light, they need to program it to allow the vehicle object to recognize the navigation light, landing light, collision light and afterburner light to block it to render properly as the sunlight,

the chassis also did not block those light + some afterburner look x-rayed too.

those hlsl files cannot be edit, it will cause DCS world to freeze at blank screen. :doh:

need to restore the file from backup to proper run the DCS World.

It is sad to see the customers are putting out more effort to fix this than freakin ED themselves.

DCS lights are broken, simple as that. Ground, object, nav..you name it. They all are broken. My guess is there is no even acknowledgment of the issues by ED as they know they cannot fix them with their current engine. So, since they can't fix, or simply do not care, they just ignore all the threads and posts and pretend all is fine. Heck it is pretty clear night time DCS is not something anyone at ED uses themselves so why should they care?

And yep, after all these issues really got worse once 2.XX made the scene and we have had 0 efforts made to address it I am a little salty regarding it.

Good find, Joker! I think your right.

I know there has been a lot of talk about deferred shaders and problems with them. I would have thought it would be problems with the model too, maybe textures or collision map.

You can edit the hlsl files with Virtual Studio, though I don't understand how they work. I have a feeling the bugs are in the new engine itself, not the shader files.

It seems like the light is ignoring the collision maps of the model, but I don't know how shaders deal with that.

Edited by 3WA

lets make the night beautiful, lets fix it, ED.

program the omni light, spot light, collision light, argument light to similar like the sun light or moon light. The current simulator engine will only work correctly with the sun light, moon light..

fix the aircraft model 's argument, argument light direction, navigation light,...etc