cant see the whole of the a10-a hud

chaser

Move your head away from closer to the HUD!

view cockpit camera back/forward - RCtrl + RShift + Num"/" / Num"*"

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 5 years later...
On 11/22/2018 at 6:24 PM, draconus said:

Move your head away from the HUD!

view cockpit camera back/forward - RCtrl + RShift + Num"/" / Num"*"

Actually you have to move your head closer to the HUD to see more of the projected image! The HUD glass is essentially a mirror, and like any mirror you get a wider FOV of the reflected image when you are closer to the mirror.

I have gone back to the A-10A recently, and am finding that I can't see the entire HUD image unless I move my camera very far forward, towards the HUD.  But then I can't see the instruments at all unless I look down, and then I'm viewing them at an angle. Alternatively I can zoom out to a wide FOV, but then I get fisheye distortion. I know my head is far forward because when I turn around I see my head is very far from the seat headrest. It's as if the HUD image is too large. I compared it with the A-10C II and did not have the same issue in that module.

Note that this is a comment/problem associated with viewing the image projected onto the HUD, not the glass itself. I can see the entire glass easily enough with the camera moved all the way back, but then I can't see the tape at the bottom or the IAS or altitude numbers on the sides. All I see is the middle part of the pitch ladder.

• Like 2

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

4 hours ago, sthompson said:

Actually you have to move your head closer to the HUD to see more of the projected image!

Yes, of course, corrected the post.

And you're right. The default view puts your head in position where the HUD is correctly visible but that position is a bit too far forward for the pilot head.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 months later...

Thank you, for months I have had the top of the HUD at eye level and have to slide down in my chair to see everything properly, like for a rocket or gun run

I know the other aircraft have a seat up/down feature but I hadn't found what you shared!