small bugs and erratum (Spoilers!)

draconus

After almost a year I took a second shot at TGW. Although not as surprising as the first time - I still remember too much - it is great fun. Being more experienced I find it easier in combat and following orders :)

I encounterd some glitches which I would like to share just to take a closer look and improve things once more. Nothing gamebreaking though:

M03 - 2 Su's down, 2 bug out, then Tu is on the way and, to my great surprise, 2 bandits are on the radar, the second being one of the Su's. I intercept Tu as ordered, up to the fireworks show, then back on station while the Su-24 was wandering around Gori/Tskhinvali and even dropped bombs. I was afraid to engage to not fail a mission due to ROE.

M06 - one of the bugged out Kutaisi Su-25T's crashed soon after the Wingman got assigned to engage them (VO says Splash one). After our RTB the second Kut Frogfoot downed our AWACS with one 73! Also I was confused in the briefing as for my flight name Dodge/Colt.

In some missions briefing flight plan suggest 20 000 alt, but then during the mission VOs say Angels 25 or 30. I remember some have WP1 - 1 500, which would be hard to achieve considering Vaziani is at 1510.

OK, that's all for now. I'll get back to the thread if found anything more.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Hey draconus, thanks for the report. Are you able to provide ACMIs or tracks of either mission by any chance?

Re: M03 once the VO indicates they are bugging out a trigger should force their ROE to weapon hold, very odd that they continued to drop bombs, even more so that only one of the pair did. I actually just ran this mission myself about two weeks ago with no apparent issue but I'll double check my ACMI.

Re: M06 I'll double check that the AWACS is set to invisible. They should bomb Kutaisi if left alive but not go after the US assets. Did you order your wingman to engage bandits? The VO suggests it but you must give the order yourself. As far as the CFIT goes, there's not a whole lot of control we have once the AI are given an attack task which they are at that point. I'll also double check that the callsigns match the briefing...most missions were built on a template from the previous one, as the front lines of the ground war move throughout the campaign even though they only serve as eye candy, so it is entirely possible I forgot to update a callsign.

Edited by feefifofum

M08 - all is fine until the rdvs; I used F10 to relieve Turks and VOs talk about bandits but they are not there, Falcons don't turn into north, bandits bug out, Falcons stay with us until the end - they land in Kutaisi just before C-17, mission complete; track:

https://ufile.io/tpesf

Edit: OK, I saw this already reported.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 2 weeks later...

M10 - about 20nm away from WP4 (on the way from WP3) there are a few VOs that are cut (audio) and move on to the next prematurely - looks like corrupted VO timings

No, his wingman was fine.

I don't use time acceleration since then. Both due immersion and to keep out of such trouble happening. Being very low on CPU power though, I would not be surprised if it was still the source of the problem with AI crashes.

M12 - things went bad when I engaged first 21, missed, second 21 hit the Seagull, but did not kill, I got hit, but still flying, eventually both 21s went down but then I could not find the Seagull anywhere near WPTs 4, 5 or beyond. I gave up, RTB, just to find Seagull landing at Kutaisi. Got visual ID messages but they just parked there and of course mission failed.

My fault is obvious but is the Seagull divert scripted like that?

I'll see on my second pass.

track: https://ufile.io/viquw

M13 - I find it odd seeing 20:15 on Eagle's clock while they talk about planned attack at 20:12. But I always wait for the end of radio messages when contacted by Wizard before starting the engines. So maybe I lost some minutes there?

Also all of the Flankers crashed after scrambling Dodge 7 at the end.

• 4 weeks later...

Remaining missions were completed successfully in OB 2.5.4.

M14 - Random crash of 1 of the 3 helicopters that are irrelevant to the mission. Mind you I have updated my rig so it's no longer low CPU performance problem.

The wingman goes for russian A-50 after 31s attack if not ordered to go back to formation.

Common inconsistency in VOs vs briefing mission altitudes.

The SAM trap is very deadly if you don't get to the high alt fast enough enroute to wypt7. There is no reminder for that after Frogfoots bug out but maybe the pilot should remember to do that so it's as intended. It's even more deadly to the wingman.

M15 - Dodge 3-1 is mentioned as a leader in the briefing, but there are only 04 and 05 flights. There's one more error in the briefing text regarding Dodge 04/05 but I failed to write down the details.

Common inconsistency in VOs vs briefing mission altitudes.

Edited by draconus