flak mod question

gdotts

Hi gdotts. Flak is now officially supported by ED with the WW2 asset pack.

The old flak mod requires some legwork on your part to get up and running; you'll need to load the file into an existing .miz via a DO SCRIPT FILE command and then place trigger zones around the map with a very specific naming convention to indicate how heavy you want the flak to be in that area.

The path of least resistance is probably just to put a few of the real deal in there. :thumbup:

The flak script still works and actually feels quite a bit more threatening than the "real" flak guns but the explosions have become shrouded with a white puff of smoke which really looks quite wrong compared to how it used to look. I am hoping that one day ED adds a flak area trigger action similar to the artillery barrage action as there are times when adding actual flak units in large numbers (which will never be seen in some missions) just to get the flak barrage effect at 15000ft is counterproductive. If I could find a way to select the look of the explosion I would release an update to the script as I think it still has a use in some situations.