Cost of GTX 1080 Ti

we still got stock at 800€ in my country but thats more than the average salary and few people consider buying them anyway.

If your living like in germany you can get a cheap flight and save LOTS of dough ! :D just sayin

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It's mainly continental USA + Canada that have such insane prices.

There are people selling a 1070 for more than a 1070 Ti costs, so they in fact exchange the card for a Ti + a Burger * Coke for the drive down to the shop.

I just wonder how stupid those guys are buying, why dont they get the Ti themselves.

Some just cant think properly, thats when greed takes over

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Yeah, I recently checked EVGA Hybrid (watercooled) 1080Ti and it was about $830 or so

I got one ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

Actually,if someone was that stupid and buy my card for same or 50€ less than whjat a STarWars Titan XP costs, man, I would do it.

I could remedy that error with the Poseidon low flow rate as the StarWars card is FE layout, buy a proper block and save some °C..with 500 cudas more ;)

I track ebay...why dont those guys buy a XP, its on Nvidia website, available ? I really dont get that.

we have a saying: there is at least one stupid guy waking up every morning, you just gotta find him.

Seems like they all shop at ebay.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Crazy run on prices. I just got a Asus Strix GTX 1080 Ti last month for $697...guess I got it at the right time!!!

Edited by Greekbull

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Crazy run on prices. I just got a Asus Strix GTX 1080 Ti last month for $697...guess I got it at the right time!!!

you did, most "nice" ones are around 1k€ now, some above.

I think I should sell mine and aim for the Yoda's card, Star Wars Edition, 300 cudas more and 1GB more, and FE PCB

you did, most "nice" ones are around 1k€ now, some above.

I think I should sell mine and aim for the Yoda's card, Star Wars Edition, 300 cudas more and 1GB more, and FE PCB

Yeah exact same place I bought it less than 30 days ago is selling it for $1273 now....crazy!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

This is exactly why I went for the 1080 Ti Founders when it released. I got 2 of them and bought 2 waterblocks for my loop. I always get the founders editions. Yeah they're not as good as the later releases but they are far more reasonable and Nvidia, on their site, keeps the price point low enough.

I replaced an EVGA 1080 FTW with a 1080 Ti FTW3 a few months back.

Finally decided to list my 1080 FTW on Ebay about a week ago for auction. I was quite pleased with the result.

Glad I finally decided to take the time to list the card. I will be putting those funds aside to apply toward my next build later in the year.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

This is exactly why I went for the 1080 Ti Founders when it released. I got 2 of them and bought 2 waterblocks for my loop. I always get the founders editions. Yeah they're not as good as the later releases but they are far more reasonable and Nvidia, on their site, keeps the price point low enough.

In the end, your FE will just clock as high as my Poseidon for 250€ more. There is no big difference at all, they all hit a wall at roughly 2050MHz. Who cares 25MHz up or down.

The big difference is, that you need to get a vendor that will allow you to take the shroud and fan off to mount the waterblock without voiding warranty.

As I just RMA'ed my old Poseidon, actually in the middle of it, I think warranty is a GOOD thing to have.

Afaik, EVGA does allow you to mount a waterblock without voiding warranty !? That would be my next pick, 1080Ti FE EVGA + Watercool HK-IV GPU_Block + Backplate.

...or, this 1slot design by evga, great looking card, makes sense if you plan on more than 2 cards.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42774882

Nvidia is trying to do something about the miners:)

they just order at different places, two with each order, etc..

I dont think this will show great results, those guys arent stupid.

Something needs to be done to help the situation, pretty tough when gamers can not get ahold of the GPU they want.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

sweet jesus

Just checked the price on the Zotac 1080TI I bought in March it is now £180 more

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Honestly Nvidia is going to need to limit their cards at the Hardware level to prevent them from being used to Mine. That or a hopeful huge burst in the Cryptocurrecy market which is bound to happen. Other than that there is a very bleak outlook for gamers wishing to build new rigs in 2018. I'm really glad I grabbed my 1080Ti when I did. It's pretty much twice the price now...

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

$1200 now, they were $750 when I got mine in December. These prices don't make sense to me for mining. For the hell of it I installed nicehash and got it going, over the last few days it's been saying that I'm making $6-7 per day. If my electricity were free it would take 171 days at $7 per day to break even. Electricity isn't free of course and the thing is consuming 5.7Kwh/day or about $2 at my electric rate. So now I'm at 240 days before I hit break even. At least cooling is free since it's winter.

As more people bring their own cards online though, my personal percentage of the worldwide hash rate and therefore my profit per day will decline, pushing out my break even horizon even further. Of course, the coins could rise in value, but if that's the gamble I'm taking I'm better off straight up purchasing the coins and holding them vs buying a vastly overpriced GPU.

Since I already own the thing anyway I'll keep on running it, I like free money. I could sell it and make a quick $450 but then I wouldn't be able to play games.

imho, this will not change too soon.

mining still pays the electricity bill + hardware + profit, that is all it needs from the customer side.

AMD and Nvidia on the other end will likely not shoot their own foot and try to please both, with mixed results, as miners are willing to spend more for a card then average Joe does.

We all wanted capitalism, now look, this is it at it's naked heart.

Money rules, make no mistake

Without going into politics, I certainly agree with and side with Capitalism every time as well! It always works. The Cryptocurrency bubble will burst it's just a matter of when. There is no asset to support it and there will be a huge correction at some point. Just don't know when that will be.

When it does happen the rush on cards will end as well.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Without going into politics, I certainly agree with and side with Capitalism every time as well! It always works. The Cryptocurrency bubble will burst it's just a matter of when. There is no asset to support it and there will be a huge correction at some point. Just don't know when that will be.

When it does happen the rush on cards will end as well.

Capitalism will solve the problem either way. If crypto-currencies continue to expand and drive prices up on GPUs - production of those GPUs will expand to meet the increased demand. More players will get into the market. Increased demand with static supply drives prices higher but higher prices and increased demand also drives supply up. One way or another, the current GPU price problem will be solved by the market. Unless Government decides to get involved. In that event - everyone is screwed.

Terry

• Like 1

Capitalism will solve the problem either way. If crypto-currencies continue to expand and drive prices up on GPUs - production of those GPUs will expand to meet the increased demand. More players will get into the market. Increased demand with static supply drives prices higher but higher prices and increased demand also drives supply up. One way or another, the current GPU price problem will be solved by the market. Unless Government decides to get involved. In that event - everyone is screwed.

Terry

Agreed on all points! Especially the last one lol:D

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

High demand = Higher price

Lower demand = Lower price

The mining happens anyways, there are far better cards for that than these gamers versions, you even get the mining versions for far cheaper price as you don't have the video out in them, and neither does you need a fast bus speed for card as the I/O to card can be slow as the code crushed in card is the difficult part.

The cause really is that people talk so much about the 1080Ti being best etc, so demand has gone up.

If you want to go game, you get Titan V, but you pay about $3000 for that card. But no average gamer is going to do that, so step up from 1070Ti to 1080ti is cheap investment.

But DCS users should benefit far more once in 2018 time we have a change to get Vulkan, so our CPU bottleneck gets removed as all CPU cores can be set execute the code and feed GPU in maximum performance. If we are lucky, we could see anywhere from 80% to 100% performance increase, if we are in good, then 20-50%. Far cheaper than investing to any 1080Ti card.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.