Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System

UIV

I love the gunfighter MCG combo and will buy the base modul of the throttle asap.

I have no need for button boxes in VR but I like the modular design for those that need them.

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the idea that the throttle base would be as clean as possible from extra buttons, switches and dials. It would be more about just the throttle with maximum travel distance and only few extras. Then add button boxes (cheap ones, not those $300 ones) to extend the functionality for those who do not fly in VR or does want extras, and have nice options.

A nice good solid linear throttle is what many needs, and hopefully VKB has managed to make it instead a tilting one.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I want the whole kit. I don't always fly VR and when I do, I more or less develop memory of where the controls are and/or pick a few reference points for easily finding certain controls. The 3-position gear lever shown above is a perfect for many aircraft, especially older Russian fighters and would still work ok for other aircraft with 2-position levers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry, but not the pedals unless you add toe brakes.

Virtual brakes are very useful.

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Virtual brakes are very useful.

I did own the VKB pedals. Good construction but I wasn't a fan of how they felt. I felt the same way about the TM TPR. The Crosswind pedals hit the sweet spot for me.

The VKB Gunfighter and new Throttle look like something i'll like. Only one way to find out. :)

Buzz

I did own the VKB pedals. Good construction but I wasn't a fan of how they felt. I felt the same way about the TM TPR. The Crosswind pedals hit the sweet spot for me.

I instead switched from Crosswind MFGs to VKB Rudder.

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.