DCS «MiGs versus Sabers» tournament discussion (EN)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will be some skins (blue and red) for planes ?

and some mission to practice ?

No. Skins will be standard.

2.11 ...

The training server of the tournament is «GUNS’N’ROSES Arena Server (SPC)» (IP: 89.175.185.195 port 10308 ), enabling to practice the skills of fighting in duel modes and in the following formats: «MiG-15bis vs F-86F», «MiG-15bis vs MiG-15bis», «F-86F vs F-86F».

Server currently running on 1.2.16, but in our plan to update to 1.5. Also in my message above you can find all needed information to create privet training mission. The only thing that unfortunately didn't mentioned there is initial distance between participants: 10 km.

MI1T pls explain me what is ''Also, new sprite system for better contact visibility working in DCS World 1.5+ versions''

Thnks ;)

DCS World 1.5 Changelog and Updates

• Model Visibility settings added.

You can read all this topic and watch Wags streams for more information about this option.

Model visibility doesn't work with crossfire unfortunately

Sorry to hear that. I didn't knew.

Edited by [52] MI1T

I have read the tournament rules ad have some doubts so far:

How do a player become an observer when the referee ask them to pass to observers?.

What content (textures, planes...) do we have to download? I have seen that they will give the contestants 3 minutes to do so but I'd prefer to have them already downloaded.

I'm not sure of having understood the fight rules, I'm somewhat new at tournaments. Once the flight starts we have to cross at least one time closer than 200m and we can shoot in this first encounter?.

Then there is the issue of the time of the matches, some of us have a job and cannot play whenever we want. How are the games going to be fixed?.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I was really excited to see this announcement in my email inbox. I do have the Mig-15 and the F-

86, although I unfortunately have not had a chance to fly them yet. I also don't think I have DCS

World 1.5 installed yet, as I have limited internet access at the moment. I am supposed to have

internet connected at home this week or next, but I don't know if it will be in time for the

tournament. I also have limited online experience, so for these reasons I will probably be

sitting this one out.

I think it's a great initiative though, and I hope these tournaments become more regular. I

especially hope there's another Mig Vs Sabre Tournament soon, as I would love to take part.

I will be practicing in the meantime, so see you all in the skies soon.

Cheers,

Scott

• ED Team

Dear Pilots!

We inform you that the “MiGs vs Sabres” tournament will be postponed for 2-3 weeks in order to fix the most essential bugs of version 1.5.1, which directly affect the multiplayer.

We will inform you on the exact date of the tournament beginning later.

We hope for your understanding.

Stay in touch!

ED and BST Teams

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Dear Pilots!

We inform you that the “MiGs vs Sabres” tournament will be postponed for 2-3 weeks in order to fix the most essential bugs of version 1.5.1, which directly affect the multiplayer.

We will inform you on the exact date of the tournament beginning later.

We hope for your understanding.

Stay in touch!

ED and BST Teams

Would it be the model visibility that doesn't work by any chance?

I have read the tournament rules ad have some doubts so far:

How do a player become an observer when the referee ask them to pass to observers?.

Those Regulations was translated from Russian to English, so word "observers" was used instead of "spectators". Sorry for that.

What content (textures, planes...) do we have to download? I have seen that they will give the contestants 3 minutes to do so but I'd prefer to have them already downloaded.

You don't need to download anything.

8.2 ...

Participants are given the opportunity to "download" mission: to choose own type of aircraft, get in and take a look around, to make the switching of external views (F2, F3) to download (in computer memory) aircraft and ground textures. This measure will reduce the likelihood of lags. All these procedures should be done within 3 minutes.

It's quite common practice in DCS to let game engine fully load all textures to PC RAM, so no lags can occur while players fighting just because one of pilots looked in any direction first time, his PC found out, that textures in this direction still on HDD, and must be loaded. It takes some time, so lags happen.

I'm not sure of having understood the fight rules, I'm somewhat new at tournaments. Once the flight starts we have to cross at least one time closer than 200m and we can shoot in this first encounter?.

Correct. First thing you should do in fight is to fly by your opponent closer than 200m. And yes. Both of you can shoot to each other.

It should look like

Then there is the issue of the time of the matches, some of us have a job and cannot play whenever we want. How are the games going to be fixed?.

Thanks in advance.

First. This tournament isn't require any money to enter, so if you couldn't participate even if you signed up - it's ok.

Second. We still don't know how much pilots will be in this tournament (probably we will set limit for future events). Most of judges and organizers are in GMT+3 zone. And our targeted time is 1200-2400 GMT+3 at weekends and 1800-2400 GMT+3 in other days. We can't say anything solid about schedule before the draw.

Thanks for your questions. I hope, i answered all of them.

Edited by [52] MI1T

Besides...

More accurate information regarding voice comms would be appreciated, Temaspeak, skype or both?, I'm used to skpe but not TS...

Link on official TeamSpeak3 site is in Regulations (*.pdf file). Skype proposed only as backup, cause it isn't designed for massive voice chat (No "push-to-talk" function, noise e.t.c), but it is pretty common software.

Hi:)

I have smalls question what is the ID of the TS who will be used for the tournament?

And if i have understand good , the start of the tournament is delayed?

Thanks for your answer and sorry i need some additional information for be sure i will be prepared for the start of the tournament

and sorry for my bad english level:cry: , i'm still learning english

Correct. First thing you should do in fight is to fly by your opponent closer than 200m. And yes. Both of you can shoot to each other.

It should look like this (time already set).

So we have to flyby like the video and then we can start shooting? Or we can start shooting each other at that first encounter?

ATTENTION TO ALL PARTICIPANTS AND THE INTERESTED PLAYERS IN THE DCS TOURNAMENT "MiGs versus Sabres"!

Please, read repeatedly the first and second message from this thread.

You will have more time for training before the tournament! :thumbup:

Edited by Dell_Murrey-RUS

MB: MPG-Z390 GP / i7 9700KF 4,8 ГГц / DDR4 64 Gb 3466 МГц / GTX 2080Super / Acer 43" ET430KWMIIQPPX 4k / Win 10

Podp_39_Su-27-45.png

PROBLEM SOLVED! Thx a lot :-)

Edited by Quax456

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Dear participants of ED forum!

We inform you that the registration for the DCS "MiGs versus Sabres" tournament will last till 11.20.2015 and will be closed at 23:59 GMT + 3 (Moscow), or earlier if the number of participants will be reached up to maximum of 256 people.

You will find more information in upcoming newsletter.

Be careful when you make your application for participation in the tournament.

Applications for participation in a tournament the fillings which aren't corresponding to a form according to Regulations of a tournament won't be able to be processed and won't be included in the list of the accepted applications for participation!

Carefully check the application form for participation the following data:

- your nickname in the tournament;

- your time zone GMT (example, GMT 0, GMT+6, GMT-4 and etc.);

- URL (link) to your ED forum profile (account);

- type of aircraft.

The lack of relevant data in the fields of the application form, incomplete or incorrect data are the cause of failure of the application process and the inability to participate in the tournament.

More than one application for participation in the tournament by one profile (account) is not accepted.

Edited by Hellboy

MB: MPG-Z390 GP / i7 9700KF 4,8 ГГц / DDR4 64 Gb 3466 МГц / GTX 2080Super / Acer 43" ET430KWMIIQPPX 4k / Win 10

Podp_39_Su-27-45.png

On what servers can I train? The one mentioned by the organizers has never shown up and the only available servers are locked by password and like if it wasn't enough, crazy high ping.... So yeah how can we train then? Playing against the A.I isn't too great.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]