iControl DCS 3.0 Released - New Free Version!

It works on MP, just not correctly. If I host or join a server in a paused state before the mission begins, it works. If I respawn or join a server after its unpaused the app only has limited functionality (the HUD arm panel still works, but aren't bidirectional).

I'm guessing this is due to how ED implements the scripting and is possibly a bug on their end.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

• 1 month later...

Hey,

i hope you can help me out.

I purchased your app, and I set up the MFDs and they work, both on my second monitor, and on the IPAD app.

GREAT !

my only problem is that I CANNOT get the CDU repeating on my IPAD, nor on the second screen.

I activated it through "display configuration", and it appears, I changed its size and location on the monitor, fine... saved everything..

But when I run the simulator, I CANNOT see the CDU display repeating, on my monitor, nor on my IPAD...

thats what i would need more.

Can you help me out ? do you know why it doesnt work ?

thanks a lot for your time,

regards,

Patrick

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

i hope you can help me out.

Replied to your PM. We'll get it handled. Thanks!

Edited by boarder2

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

• 4 weeks later...
I'm guessing this is due to how ED implements the scripting and is possibly a bug on their end.

I have the same problem. As soon as I crash the plane and respawn, the display is not synchronized anymore.

Bear @ 33rd Airbase Wing

iMac i7 4x3.4 GHz | 8GB | HD 6970M w/2 GB GDDR5 | 256 GB SSD | TM Warthog | TM Cougar MFD (mounted on 21" screen) | Sennheiser PC-133D | Razer Imperator | TrackIR 5 | Windows 7 Home Pro 64bit

• 2 months later...
Unfortunately there's absolutely nothing I can do about that. Take a look at the 4th entry in the FAQ for more info http://bit-shift.com/a10vcserver/index.html#faq

It's up to the server administrator as to whether or not they want to allow client side scripting to run. Unless someone can point me somewhere that says otherwise.

Hi boarder, what must be enabled on server side so we can use Radio frequencies, switch updates, etc during multiplayer games with iControl DCS?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Hi boarder, what must be enabled on server side so we can use Radio frequencies, switch updates, etc during multiplayer games with iControl DCS?

Export/Config/Export/Config.lua

EnableExportScript = true

Any plans to release for the Android platform?

I know I keep waffling back and forth on this but right now the answer is no. I'm having a hard enough time trying to find time to work on the iOS version.

However, the work I am doing for the iOS version will make porting to other platforms a little easier, so maybe once that's all finished I'll get some time to work on an Android port.

I know I keep waffling back and forth on this but right now the answer is no. I'm having a hard enough time trying to find time to work on the iOS version.

However, the work I am doing for the iOS version will make porting to other platforms a little easier, so maybe once that's all finished I'll get some time to work on an Android port.

Sounds good. I'll keep an eye out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Boarder2

Great bit of work, I got the free version up and running using a virtual monitor no worries at all, but have been stymied by the multiplayer issue.

The MFCD's work in MP but the other page is partially working. Nothing shows on the warning panel, and the switch movement is not always sync'd.

I'd spend the $$ on the full version but I'm mostly a MP player.

I know it's not your fault, I'll just have to wait for a fix.

Still, good work.

Cheers

:)

Hi Boarder2

Great bit of work, I got the free version up and running using a virtual monitor no worries at all, but have been stymied by the multiplayer issue.

The MFCD's work in MP but the other page is partially working. Nothing shows on the warning panel, and the switch movement is not always sync'd.

I'd spend the $$ on the full version but I'm mostly a MP player.

I know it's not your fault, I'll just have to wait for a fix.

Still, good work.

Cheers

It really is unfortunate. Thanks for giving it a try and glad you like it otherwise!

hey boarder, I will purchase ipad3. Is it compatible with iCtrlDCS? the CDU, is it fully integrated or just the repeater on the MFCD? Urgent to response.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

hey boarder, I will purchase ipad3. Is it compatible with iCtrlDCS? the CDU, is it fully integrated or just the repeater on the MFCD? Urgent to response.

A retina update for the new iPad resolution is coming soon. All the graphic assets are finished, just need to do some more testing on the new panels for cold starting.

The CDU is a separate export like the MFCD and must be placed in a black area of a display since there's no way to draw it with a background (that I know of, if anyone else does, I'd be glad to add it!). Otherwise, all the CDU buttons function like you'd expect.

A retina update for the new iPad resolution is coming soon. All the graphic assets are finished, just need to do some more testing on the new panels for cold starting.

The CDU is a separate export like the MFCD and must be placed in a black area of a display since there's no way to draw it with a background (that I know of, if anyone else does, I'd be glad to add it!). Otherwise, all the CDU buttons function like you'd expect.

Thank you for the prompt reply. Keep up the good work. I've bookmarked your product site.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I posted v4.1 of A-10VC Server to the website.

It fixes a major error in the script installation procedure and everyone should upgrade if you're using 4.0

Progress on the retina update for the iPad client is coming along and should be submitted to Apple in the next week or two.

Shortly after the retina update, I may have a surprise for a few people who've messaged me some requests about the CDU. Keep an eye out for that!

You can grab the update from http://bit.ly/N9aF59

Edited by boarder2

Hi...i did this from your instructions .....>

"If not starting fresh, restore your Config\Export.lua to the original backup"

I also updated script, but when i start the game i see mfd export but i dont have any MFD or UFC key responses in the game...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Pretty cool, but holy schnikes is that app pricey. 30 bucks goes a fair way toward a second screen and a DIY software solution. Just an observation on the business side of things.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

Hi...i did this from your instructions .....>

"If not starting fresh, restore your Config\Export.lua to the original backup"

I also updated script, but when i start the game i see mfd export but i dont have any MFD or UFC key responses in the game...

Are you using version 4.1 of the server? If so, what does the last line of your DCS A-10C\Config\Export\Export.lua file say?

Pretty cool, but holy schnikes is that app pricey. 30 bucks goes a fair way toward a second screen and a DIY software solution. Just an observation on the business side of things.

Just out of curiosity, how much does a touchscreen cost and then how many hours will it take you to write the software. From a business point of view paying yourself less than $50c an hour to work weeks rather than spending $30 doesn't sound very efficient.

the other thing to consider is how many people are going to want it. so you have to price things accordingly to maximize the revenue generated.

What you cant make in volume you have to make in mark up, and lets face it, its a niche product with a finite amount of users. its not going to appeal to millions of users and can be sold at a lower price point to offset it.

Action After Contemplation

the other thing to consider is how many people are going to want it. so you have to price things accordingly to maximize the revenue generated.

What you cant make in volume you have to make in mark up, and lets face it, its a niche product with a finite amount of users. its not going to appeal to millions of users and can be sold at a lower price point to offset it.

Fair point.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

Are you using version 4.1 of the server? If so, what does the last line of your DCS A-10C\Config\Export\Export.lua file say?

Hi boarder,

last two lines are

dofile("./Config/Export/TacviewExportDCS.lua")

dofile(".\\A10VCServer\\Main.lua") --A10VCHook

and also i am using 4.1.0.0 version (it is written in about document)

I noticed that inside the game - keyboard configuration - there is nothing assigned to MFD left and right buttons (OSD buttons)..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia