Have the Hornet devs moved back from the Viper? - Page 15 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 04:37 PM   #141
TOYKILLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctander View Post
Ok - so you see no issue with the situation where ED are forced to push out more ea products than they are capable of supporting at any given time in order to stay profitable (as admitted bu Nick Grey, the owner).

See this link in case you were not aware:
https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comm...k_grey_one_of/
No, or did ED announced another EA Module ?

Wat do you actually want? The F-16 brings more new players to or Multiplayer Servers and this is a Win win Situation for all of us. They said it's a EA with mutch to do,but here you can fly it already now. The systems are not the same like TWS,but similar and can develop for Both planes.

In the Time we write here our emotions down,we can also Fly on a good Server,and have fun while playing DCS.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Last edited by TOYKILLA; 11-10-2019 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:58 PM   #142
=4c=Nikola

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYKILLA View Post
P-47, Mi-24, SuperCarrier being closest.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:10 PM   #143
Airhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
So a new weapon and datalink pod isn't even considered a minimal update?
No one ever wanted a Walleye to begin with. The TGP is a hot mess and lacking 80% of fucntionality, radar is buggy and half finished, JDAM launch zones, GBU-24, proper INS/GPS simulation etc. The list goes on and you get the point. I guess people are generally upset with the way things are progressing due to the lack of focus on systems people actually want. Just my take on it.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:27 PM   #144
atazar

I want to fly my Hornet today without waiting for it to be completed. And thanks to ED, it is possible. Thank you.

Old 11-10-2019, 08:42 PM   #145
Baldrick33

Quote:
Ok - so you see no issue with the situation where ED are forced to push out more ea products than they are capable of supporting at any given time in order to stay profitable (as admitted bu Nick Grey, the owner).

See this link in case you were not aware:
https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comm...k_grey_one_of/
I tend to give a lot of slack to games developers of niche products like hardcore race and flight sims. My gaming history goes back to the 90s and products from the likes of Microprose, Spectrum Holobyte & Papyrus. All studios that were closed down as gaming moved into more profitable ventures and "hardcore" titles fell out of favour.

There have been a number of approaches by studios to be able to achieve their aspirations to make titles for a niche market. Enthusiasts creating products for enthusiasts and making it somehow viable when the big publishers no longer have any interest. Be it subscription models, crowdfunding, corporate projects to fund consumer products, early access and so on.

Innovative approaches to be able to create the products we, as enthusiasts, wish for. Created by enthusiasts for whom the work is as much a labour of love as a means of making a living.

It is perhaps something of a romantic notion but the enthusiast community and enthusiast developer relationship does exist to some degree. Unfortunately as with any forum there is some degree of hostility from paying customer towards their service provider's development progress. Personally I think this can somewhat lack the understanding that the alternative may well be a lack of viability and just like the demise of Microprose, Spectrum Holobyte, Papyrus, Sierra etc. we only appreciate how fortunate we were for their existence after we mourn their loss.

I am not suggesting we shouldn't keep ED and others on their toes with our insatiable desire for more content and high quality products but we have to appreciate viability has to remain of paramount importance as without it we would be much sadder!
Old 11-10-2019, 08:55 PM   #146
Arctander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYKILLA View Post

Wat do you actually want? The F-16 brings more new players to or Multiplayer Servers and this is a Win win Situation for all of us. They said it's a EA with mutch to do,but here you can fly it already now. The systems are not the same like TWS,but similar and can develop for Both planes.

In the Time we write here our emotions down,we can also Fly on a good Server,and have fun while playing DCS.

What I actually want is for ED to remain a sustainable business AND to complete products without taking resource off it to release a new product.

That they cannot develop the F18 and the F16 together at the same time indicates that they are trying to do too much (plus the Jug, Hind, Mosquito, A10 retexture and upgrade to the Hokum).

So what I want is to know - in the future - if I were to purchase an EA module (but that will never happen) - that ED work on it WITHOUT slowing production.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:18 PM   #147
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

And Fire all WW2 team from ED?

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Old 11-10-2019, 09:32 PM   #148
DLEGION

oh, super agree.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:15 PM   #149
TOYKILLA

Quote:
What I actually want is for ED to remain a sustainable business AND to complete products without taking resource off it to release a new product.

That they cannot develop the F18 and the F16 together at the same time indicates that they are trying to do too much (plus the Jug, Hind, Mosquito, A10 retexture and upgrade to the Hokum).

So what I want is to know - in the future - if I were to purchase an EA module (but that will never happen) - that ED work on it WITHOUT slowing production.

I can understand you,but I'm happy with my DCS and been every day Online the last days. I use a fantastic running HP Reverb,a 2DOF SCN5 Motionsim with Lince 2.0 for DCS and today I paid and received Simshaker for my 4-Channnel Setup and this runs absolutely astonishing. Man with this Hardware combination, it's an
unbelievable Home Combatflightsimulation and really a Dream come true. Yes a feature complete FA/18 would be great,but for now, it's ok to have some fun with it and live the Dream in my F-16 also.

Old 11-10-2019, 10:56 PM   #150
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBFlyguy View Post
You REALLY just deleted a comment because it mentioned another sim!?!? seriously?
I´m not a moderator

Quote:
Really? You cannot mention another company that makes flight sims as well or it will get deleted?!

Wow. That’s bad form. Hell. Not even Star Citizen or Eliteangerous do that!!
check the rules, that is a DCS forum.
https://forums.eagle.ru/rules.php#en
Quote:
1.15 Discussions of other game companies products are not recommended as they can create personal friction with users who enjoy such products and potentially create issues with competitve manufacturers which is not helpful. We do not allow the reviewing of, or direct comparison of other competitive software here. Posting news updates or advertising other products or games is also forbidden (unless approved by an admin). Abuse of other companies and/or anyone related to those companies will not be tolerated. ED also reserves the right to remove any thread or post about another game or company it deems doesn't comply with this rule.
And about WW2, can talk with KickStarter WW2 1944 backers members over "freezze" all WW2 modules and WW2 assets pack.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube

Last edited by Silver_Dragon; 11-11-2019 at 05:44 PM.
Closed Thread