So now that we've had the Cat for a bit...

MurderOne

You thought I was gonna complain, didn't you? No, rather, she's still my favorite, regardless of the issues/perceived issues with her. I don't know what it is. I don't own every module out there, but I do tend to try to support developers, because that's how we continue to get new stuff to fly. I own a couple that I literally have ZERO hours in. I grabbed the Viper at the very end of pre-order, and it's cool. I have the AJS-37, the F-5, some MiGs, but I cannot help but to jump back in the Cat every single time. I just love it, though I may not be Iceman, and mostly fly SP, there's just something about an F-14, so, I guess this is my "thank you" post. Thanks HB, she's fantastic.

Sorry, no cool signature here.

All this counts for me as well, despite I love the other HB beast a few percent more :D

THANK YOU guys at HB for every single second you spent on creating the cat! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

After 2 years with F-15C without the hopes for full fidelity module I decided to take on the Tomcat just as a closest hifi match I could get instead and... man, I had no idea how deep is the rabbit hole. Gonna stay loyal with her now with no motivation to try any other airframe. I may buy her new ship or playground though :)

And from what I heard I've choosen right and the best. Thx HB!

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

It's my favorite airplane of all time now! It's addicting to fly & so rewarding.

Outstanding work Heatblur. Thank you extremely, super, very much!! :thumbup:.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

I agree entirely. While the Hornet is great and all I really find myself enjoying HB modules like the Tomcat (both pilot & RIO) and Viggen the most. I really don't feel like there's anything substantial missing in the Tomcat, apart from those systems that simply could not be implemented due to the limitations of DCS (Like proper IFF, Link 4A and ECM).

yeah it is badass. especially once the rio starts using lantirn, it will be even more badass at all

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I've been messing with ED products since Flanker and have seen an ever increasing level of sophistication and probable (I say probable because I'm not a real world pilot) fidelity in flight models and improved immersion.

I do not own all the modules that have been produced as I'm not a huge fan of WWII aircraft BUT what I will say is that the F14 B is the most fun I've had since the Black shark!

The Tomcat rocks!!

It aint easy but man oh man it is fun to learn and hopefully one day, I hope I can say that I'm getting to know her well. I've clocked over 50 hours and feel as though we've only just been introduced!

Thanks again Heatblur!! S!

| FC3 | KA-50 | A-10C | MIG-21Bis | F-86F | UH-1H | HAWK T.1A | F/A-18C | AV-8B N\A | F-14B | F-16C | AJS-37 | CA | NEVADA | PERSIAN GULF | SUPER CARRIER | SYRIA

• 3 weeks later...

The Cat is the first and only module I own for DCS, but by looking at reviews and videos of other modules, I think the F-14 truly represents the golden standard. While others will often go into early access with even core features and functionality completely missing, Heatblur delivered a feature-complete and largely bug-free product straight out of the gate.

Nice job, guys.

I just revisited the Cat myself and wondered why I stopped flying it. I just wish something could be done about the track replays so I can do cinematics--relying on multiplayer track files works but DCS netcode makes things move really weird.

+1

What helps make the Tomcat my favourite module is the way the jet is properly multi role - and good at all of them.

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

So I'm one of those guys who grew up idolizing the Tomcat. Models, videos, toys etc.

I've been into flight Sims since WIN95 days with US Navy Fighters. Fast forward and I was a huge stickler for detail and realism which got me hooked on FSX/Prepar3d with the SuberBug from VRS. As a Super Hornet maintainer with the Navy, I appreciated it and indeed held over for what I wanted but would get repetitive. I needed more.

I moved over to DCS on a whim because of what you guys at Heatblur have shown with the 'Cat. Every flight presents a different challenge and attention. I love that's it's not just a "go yank and bank and shoot" airplane...you have to learn to feel her out and love her to the edge of the envelope.

Great job and keep it coming.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

What i've learnt from HBs Tomcat is about myself.

Ive been swimming since the early 80s, and became a pilot. Flight simulation (apart from when i'm being checked at work!) is my main passion.

The thing is, ive never been satisfied. Ive always been the dude looking for the latest bits of information on what's upcoming, what's next. Before the internet - id be trawling newsstands for information. In this age - we have unlimited resources.

I was spending way more time reading forums, seeking out rumours and news - than enjoying the hobby itself.

Since HBs Tomcat - Ive been living the "NOW' (set in 1986!). This module gives me so much enjoyment - im not worried about what's next. Sure ill be excited for whatever it is, but right now im living the "NOW". And not just in DCS. Never felt happier.

Thanks Heatblur.

Dave