F-16 Viper Cockpit in VR

Eaglewings

Hey, great to have the Viper but anyone seeing a difference in monitor versus VR version of the cockpit.

My VR version it seems is not scaled properly compared to the desktop monitor.

Text on the panel a fuzzy, this might be graphic related on my rig.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't checked the screen but in VR(Index) it is too small. Sized for children. In settings, vr tab, force ipd to 60, seems more appropriate in size. Of course this alters the size of all other aircraft so may have to tick this box only when flying the Viper.

i9-9900K 4,9Ghz, 2080ti, 32Gb, 1Gb m.2, Index, WinWing throttle, Baur BRD-N, Crosswind pedals, Orbwiever and tm mfd`s, all in a Hornet simpit.

If you set up your ipd in the game using one of the older modules then it will be off many of the newer modules. Previously the dimensions of the cockpits were no even close to standardized. So, if you set it up to work with the A-10C for example it would be way off in the 16.

You can change the perspective you see in the VR menu under IPD (I think that is what they call it). You should set it so that the Flightstick model looks normal. Then everything else should look normal as well.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can't talk the scale, seems OK to me (no IPD hard set in DCS), but it feels rather cramped compared to the Hornet or the Cat. And what a pain it is to turn around to flick those switches in the back...

Looks great, but it's very hard to use. On my CV1, it's almost impossible to decypher the HUD or MFDs. The DED, however, is decent. VR zoom helps, but it's still harder than an unzoomed glance in the Hornet, but I guess that's by design and the olde Rift just doesn't kick it hard enough. BTW thanks for speeding up the VR zoom, pretty much a revelation. Very much appreciated!

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Hey, great to have the Viper but anyone seeing a difference monitor versus VR version of the cockpit.

My VR version it seems is not scaled properly compared to the desktop monitor.

Text on the panel a fuzzy, this might be graphic related on my rig.

Same here. I must say i am a bit disappointed with the vr version of the F16. I had high expectation cause Wags stated that this module will be excellent in vr. Now not only the scale but the proportions seems way of for me. I hope ED will fix the vr version in the next couple of weeks.

7700k@5.0, 2080Ti OC, 960Pro M2, 32GB 3600 RAM, Virpil T-50CM stick, Virpil T-50 throttle, Trustmaster TPR rudder, HP Reverb consumer

Defintely fuzzy compared to the F-14 on the Oculus S.
F-14 look way better in vr. Anyone check out the MFD, a no go for me not until I press my face against the panel. Contrast on this cockpit is not sharp.

Looks like it is going to be lots of tweaking for until it's get better.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Looks great for me. Vive here.

Los

Yeah ! Great here too on Vive Pro ! :thumbup:

Incredible field of view this F-16 ! Panoramic view !

ROG Maximus XI Hero / i9-9900k @5Ghz / 32Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 / RTX2080ti / Vive Pro / ROG 3440x1440

The Viper cockpit looks great to me using my Rift S and I can read the HUD and displays no problem.

Conversely I have a terrible time reading the displays etc. in the hornet and have to zoom in to make anything legible.

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Looks fantastic (and very readable) in my HP Reverb. No complaints or issues here. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Looking good with my Rift S.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Proportions look fine to me on my rift s. Everyone keep in mind that the f16 cockpit IS tiny. Clarity of the mfd text is not as good as on the hornet for me, but could be due to font type/size of the displays.

3700x, MSI 3080 Ventus 3x OC, 32 GB 3200mhz RAM, Rift S or Track IR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Logitech Rudder Pedals

It's definitely not as sharp in the Index. The MFD's have to almost be zoomed in to make out clearly. I'm ok with the size of the pit at 57 IPD and in fact it looks perfect to me. If you've read Vipers in the Storm the cockpit and bubble canopy are described as riding on the end of a pencil. You WEAR the cockpit.

That said, My Index reminds me of my CV1 and the aliasing is awful. I turned on MSAA to 2x and it had no effect, either on aliasing or frame rates which tells me MSAA isn't working either.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

Pretty sure some of you have your iPd set wrong in game. Had to set mine to 50 and may go to 45 for the f16. It’s very small for me on standard settings compared to other birds.

Using rift s and real world iPd is 61.7

Vis and readability is amazing for me so cool in vr

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Sat in the Viper multiple times, The scale and shape of the cockpit seems spot on to me!

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

DeanO87 What DCS IDP do you have set?

My IPD, 62.5mm

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Looks fantastic (and very readable) in my HP Reverb. No complaints or issues here. :thumbup:

+1:thumbup:

I did reset my view though.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

My IPD, 62.5mm

I presume you know the DCS IPD is not related in any way to your facial IPD?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box