AIM120 Behavior change?

jwflowersii

In the recent update did they change the behavior of the AIM-120Cs. I've had multiple times now when a F16 fires off an AIM-120C missile I get no EWR warning until right before impact. It's not tracking anyone else. Either they have TWS implement now and the F18 doesn't, or something is broken. Can someone else confirm this finding?

In the recent update did they change the behavior of the AIM-120Cs. I've had multiple times now when a F16 fires off an AIM-120C missile I get no EWR warning until right before impact. It's not tracking anyone else. Either they have TWS implement now and the F18 doesn't, or something is broken. Can someone else confirm this finding?
I don't know if its related but just a couple of hours ago in a MP session in blueflag i've been shot down by an F16 after i managed to avoid a amraam which was not giving any launch warning till the last seconds. Neither did the F16 locked me at any time, only normal spiking.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

As others above have stated 2 possibilities : he launched at you in SAM mode or Maddoging you with addition in very high speed. One of the advantages of F-16 is it has better kinetic energy. The 120 reached you in so much fast thus gave short RWR warning right before impact. The Eagle can also gives you nasty surprised like this.
Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

As others above have stated 2 possibilities : he launched at you in SAM mode or Maddoging you with addition in very high speed. One of the advantages of F-16 is it has better kinetic energy. The 120 reached you in so much fast thus gave short RWR warning right before impact. The Eagle can also gives you nasty surprised like this.

I tried TWS Maddog on Hornet all the time, and they always immediately turn away. So something is not right on the Hornet or AIM120. ED needs to finish the Hornet before releasing multiple other modules. Its leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

I tried TWS Maddog on Hornet all the time, and they always immediately turn away. So something is not right on the Hornet or AIM120. ED needs to finish the Hornet before releasing multiple other modules. Its leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

I haven't tried 120's visual mode after the latest update but my idea of maddogging was sneaking up on bandits with my radar off. Most of the times I could see the bandit from few miles away visually. Initial guidance either from AWACS or other donors on my SA page.

Put the amraam's WEZ on the bandit even if you don't see him, you know his altitude and azimuth and fire. Most of the time the missile goes active right off the rail.

I haven't tried 120's visual mode after the latest update but my idea of maddogging was sneaking up on bandits with my radar off. Most of the times I could see the bandit from few miles away visually. Initial guidance either from AWACS or other donors on my SA page.

Put the amraam's WEZ on the bandit even if you don't see him, you know his altitude and azimuth and fire. Most of the time the missile goes active right off the rail.

The 16's are firing off at 20nm and the missile is tracking right at me. No EWR or spike. Either they have LTWS now or something is bonked. I just fired a missile with LTWS in Hornet and the F14 turned right away.

The 16's are firing off at 20nm and the missile is tracking right at me. No EWR or spike. Either they have LTWS now or something is bonked. I just fired a missile with LTWS in Hornet and the F14 turned right away.

I've streamed an example where I do not get a missile warning until I'm already in the break. You can see the missile starts tracking me at 16nm and 14nm right away. I had no EWR warning at all until right after I fire off my missile and start my break.

The F-14 can see missiles on datalink.

Well, only if an AWACS is tracking the missiles.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg