Trackir Unplugged/Plugged message... Still!

here's a weird one I get. If I have, say 4 devices on my network, doesn't matter if hard wired or on wifi, and one gets turned off during DCS, I lose my TIR in game (TIR unplugged message). As soon as that device reconnects to the network, my TIR will come back on (TIR plugged in message). It only happens during DCS, my other sim titles don't do this.

I noticed it when my lady turned off my home theater receiver and I lost the TIR. I told her to turn it back on, and TIR came back on. Also, if I Start DCS and it doesn't recognize my TIR, i'll just go over and turn on the receiver and then i'll get the (TIR plugged in) message in DCS. My receiver is on my network via CAT5.

Wow, that is weird. I can explain some of what might be happening. I assume your Windows machine is connected to your Theater Receiver as a sound device, correct? Meaning, you can play sound through your receiver from your computer, right? If so, then turning it off is effectively the same as removing an audio device. This causes DirectX to re-allocate all devices, which causes DCS to do a re-init. This is the same issue I mentioned where having a faulty front panel headphone or mic connector can cause your audio card driver to think that a new device was just plugged in, or unplugged. Each time that happens, DirectX treats it as if a new device has just been created or removed. Even though this is an audio device, not a game controller, it doesn't matter. DirectX causes a DirectX re-init, which causes DCS to re-init all devices.

The part I can't explain is why the TrackIR doesn't work at all when the receiver is off, but only works when it is on. I would expect TrackIR to go away momentarily and come back when the receiver is turned off and turned on, but not go away as long as it is off period. Very odd.

I would suggest removing all drivers or connections to your receiver and completely uninstall TrackIR also. Then re-install each separately. Pay attention to the installation order (TrackIR first, then receiver, or vise versa) and see if the installation order makes a difference. It seems some how, your TrackIR driver is being affected by whether the receiver is active. Makes no sense, but who knows. I've seen weirder.

A similar issue is to recognize that display monitors connected with HDMI are often audio devices as well, even if the display doesn't have speakers. So I have seem some oddness occur with DirectX because of turning off a display, or the display going to sleep - because it may be removing the HDMI audio device from the DirectX audio device list. Though I have not seen this cause problems with DCS, because obviously when I'm flying, all monitors are active and don't go to sleep (I run triple monitors).

data you missed in my comment:

"doesn't matter if hard wired or on wifi"

If my lady shuts of her laptop while I have DCS running, i'll get (TIR unplugged)

All my other games that use TIR are unaffected by this.

Her laptop is just hitting the internet, that's all.

Edited by Thrud

data you missed in my comment:

"doesn't matter if hard wired or on wifi"

If my lady shuts of her laptop while I have DCS running, i'll get (TIR unplugged)

All my other games that use TIR are unaffected by this.

Her laptop is just hitting the internet, that's all.

Ah, I was thinking that your receiver was actually talking to your computer, acting as a sound card device over the network (WiFi or hard wired wouldn't matter). Some receivers have this capability in which case they are acting as a DirectX device. If so, everything I described would very likely be the cause. But yes, I missed that you said other network devices (including your lady's laptop) are doing the same thing. That is baffling.

Maybe I need to study the TrackIR disconnect thing more carefully. For me, it has caused the lockups in DCS when DCS does a DirectX re-init, but maybe the cause of the TrackIR disconnecting is different from the other causes I described, even if the result in DCS is the same as when my USB devices reset. I just can't think of why a network device connecting or disconnecting would cause TrackIR to do anything different.

• 3 months later...

I also have TrackIR disconnecting any time I pause DCS for more than a minute or so. I have turned off power saving on each individual USB device, and also disabled USB Selective Suspend - it still happens. Hoping for a fix some day!

i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe drive, HP Reverb G2 version 2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant

I have 3 external USB 3.0 hubs as I have a plethora of devices plugged into my pc:

- 2x keyboard

- 2x mice

- 3x TM MFD

- TMWH Throttle

- TMWH Stick

- TM TPR

- TrackIR

- Touch screen

Any way, these USB hubs are powered. I have had this issue in the past and usually Device Manager has notated that one of my hubs is wonky. Usually, unplugging all of the hubs from the PC and disconnecting the power resets them and all is fine.

If you plug directly into your Motherboard I'm not sure what to do in this instance.

I solved my disconnect issue by enabling power management on the one device (RIFT sensor in my case) that was constantly disconnecting. Goes against everything you see on the internet, but now I can fly without a warning say "TIR disconnect" when I don't even use TIR.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

It doesn't appear to be a Windows issue - TrackIR is still responding in Windows just fine. The game just drops it. And this doesn't happen in IL-2. I have had zero luck regardless of how power management is set, or selective suspend. Luckily, unplugging it and then plugging it back in does get it reconnected. But it is annoying!

i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe drive, HP Reverb G2 version 2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally figured out how to fix this problem.

How many of you guys have connected the trackir+track clip pro to same USB-port (with the included USB extension adapter)?

After I disconnected the trackir camera from track clip pro USB-adapter and connected it to another USB port the problem has been since solved.

So the solution is rather simple (at least for me) - use 2 USB ports instead of 1. What I don't understand, why is this a problem with DCS and not with any other games I play with trackir..

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

I still have this problem and I use the the simple reflector clip thing, so there's just the camera to plug in.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I am not using a track clipbut I have this problem now for a very long time.....

I have tried ti fix the problem by using several USB 3.0 and 2.0 Ports as well as conecting it with a USB3.0 switch.

I am very frustrated because in the past I never faced this problem for many many many years before.

With other games I don't have any troble with the TrackIR.

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to fix my problem by removing the TrackIR cable out of the USB-port, deinstalling the TrackIR device in the Device Manager, including the option for also removing the driver.

After that I have removed the TrackIR software/driver in the add/remove programs dialogue and reinstalling and plugging it in once again.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think that the reason for the problems is that the signature of the driver

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\npusbio_x64.sys

can't be validated and Windows shows the error code 52.

Naturalpoint must publish a new real driver…..

Yeah I still have it, just a momentarily disco, followed by a micro pause and then everything is back to normal.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 1 month later...
Not just you. I have it happen all the time. Have never been able to figure out why.

I have already switched off all energy optimisations of all usb devices. It didn‘t help.

Same. I have this problem for several years now. It only happens though when I move out of the tracking area (go afk) for a few minutes. It won't come back unless I restart the game or unplug the TIR and plug it in again. :dunno:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

So this is weird....

I have:

Updated all drivers

Updated Windows 10

Removed all GPU tweaks

Nothing......

but then.....

I removed Office 365 and......bingo (partly)

Now, I get the pauses still bit no messages about TrackIR just the pauses instead....

WTF

I'll keep at it...and report here