Mavericks are not hitting the target

Biga42

I have just tried the training mission and first Maverick hit the target I had locked

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Have you got the DCS track to look at?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Post a track to eliminate all human factors, the tacview doesn't tell the entire story.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I have flown lots of times with them today in various missions in the A-10c - hitting fairly well but now have the white smoke shader issue and cannot shake it

Just flew a mission...9 of 9 mavericks (3 x D, 3 x G and 3 x H) hit their designated targets dead center.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

here is the trk file

Nothing wrong there, your second shots are made when the seeker pointing cross is outside of the keyhole limits, so the missile looses track.

Z4GQFei.png

Images from your track

s2pGAVc.jpg

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

here is the trk file

In the replay, I saw the first AGM-65H score a direct hit.

The second was clearly outside of the keyhole limits and missed the target completely.

Moments before 2nd AGM-65H rifle:

Screen_190616_01.jpg

With the AGM-65D, I observed the exact same thing: the first shot was well within keyhole limits and the missile scored a direct hit, the second missile was clearly beyond keyhole and missed.

Moments before 2nd AGM-65D rifle:

Screen_190616_02.jpg

The keyhole limitation has been implemented for years now. If your missiles hit two weeks ago and miss now, I don't think the DCS version has anything to do with it.

There was a problem with Mavs a while ago where missiles from the side-rails of the LAU-88 always missed, while the missile from the lower rail would not suffer from that problem. However, in your track, the outer-rail-missiles hit, and the lower-rail-missiles missed, so it seems unlikely that this particular bug has resurfaced. Plus, once again, both hits were within keyhole, both misses were outside of it.

On a side note, you never retracted the flaps; during the run-in with 65D's, that resulted in a FLAPS indication on the MFCD and meant that you would not have been able to shoot the Maverick. Above 200 KIAS, the flaps retract automatically, so it was "by accident" that you were able to shoot at all.

All things considered, I'm certain your technique is bad, and that is the reason your results are hit and miss (pun intended, to be honest :D).

Edit: And sniped ;)

I can confirm also since this update jdam falling short of target. Never happened to me before.

Please find a suitable thread to report that.

When you do, it would help if you could include a version number.

At the very least, there's Stable and OpenBeta, so "this update" is ambiguous.

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here, with the latest release version

2.5.5.32533 Maverick AGM 65D perfectly locked on target

(T-90) but not hitting it.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Same problem here, with the latest release version

(T-90) but not hitting it.

Same problem? The problem in this thread turned out to be user error, so are you saying that you too are using the Maverick incorrectly? /s

I think you might need to open another thread if you found a problem with the AGM-65D's tracking.

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

Same problem? The problem in this thread turned out to be user error, so are you saying that you too are using the Maverick incorrectly? /s

I think you might need to open another thread if you found a problem with the AGM-65D's tracking.

I am using the Mavericks correctly, as I have done for years now. With the latest release version

(T-90) but not hitting it, random, about half of the time.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

I am using the Mavericks correctly, as I have done for years now. With the latest release version

(T-90) but not hitting it, random, about half of the time.

As I just said, this thread is not about a bug, it is about user error. If you found a bug, you might need to open a new thread.

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

Same problem here, with the latest release version 2.5.5.32533 Maverick AGM 65D perfectly locked on target (T-90) but not hitting it.

Please post a track.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Definitely need to see a track - I have just flown a test mission I have for the A-10c and from 6000 feet hit 4 out of 4 targets (3*BMP, 1*MBT)

I am flying latest OB (2.5.5.33057)

Edited by hornblower793
Added version number