There is no update to Hornet

Padonis

We have not received anything new for Hornet for several weeks. I understand that there are problems and other important issues - for example F-16.

Unfortunately, problems are no longer solved in existing weapons.

What about the faulty operation of the LOFT mode in AIM-7MH? The LOFT mode can not be turned off since the last update.

What about HARM rockets, do not go to a chosen place, fly where they want?

There are many such errors and new ones appear.

We do not have new missiles or systems - it's hard but somehow we will survive.

However, it would be nice if what was already introduced in the F-18 was working properly. Are these expectations so big?

I am very concerned about this approach to our community. I do not buy any PRE-ORDER module anymore. I already have one problem, nerves and frustration during the F-18 game. If I buy an F-16, I will probably go to the hospital.

Edited by padonis

• ED Team

Wags has explained the hornet update will be next week

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3934979&postcount=36

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Also we will still see bugfixes this week, as per the same thread

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3935071&postcount=42

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

ED has been fully forthcoming in regards to communications of the Hornet. The Viper is not causing any delays to the Hornet.

I think you are correct in your assessment, Pre-Orders and Open Beta is not for you.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

It's your prerogative whether to order new early access aircraft or not, but I'm getting tired of the "fix what I want or you're not getting more of my money" posts.

I'd love to see if there's a spike in F16 sales after bug fix patches. I doubt it.

run come save me

It's your prerogative whether to order new early access aircraft or not, but I'm getting tired of the "fix what I want or you're not getting more of my money" posts.

I'd love to see if there's a spike in F16 sales after bug fix patches. I doubt it.

very well said

For a month there were no patches, and the one that was last damaged the AIM-7 and HARM.

Incorrect, the HARM was "mostly" fixed in the most recent patch. I haven't seen any issues with the AIM-7 yet, so I cannot comment on the status of that missile.

For a month there were no patches, and the one that was last damaged the AIM-7 and HARM.

Literally unplayable

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

We have not received anything new for Hornet for several weeks. I understand that there are problems and other important issues - for example F-16.

Unfortunately, problems are no longer solved in existing weapons.

What about the faulty operation of the LOFT mode in AIM-7MH? The LOFT mode can not be turned off since the last update.

What about HARM rockets, do not go to a chosen place, fly where they want?

There are many such errors and new ones appear.

We do not have new missiles or systems - it's hard but somehow we will survive.

However, it would be nice if what was already introduced in the F-18 was working properly. Are these expectations so big?

I am very concerned about this approach to our community. I do not buy any PRE-ORDER module anymore. I already have one problem, nerves and frustration during the F-18 game. If I buy an F-16, I will probably go to the hospital.

I understand ur frustration and i would lie, if i say i wouldnt be a bit frustratet by my self, new modules are great but,... i feel the fa18 a bit sluggish, but thats more because the upcomming systems are more complex and need more time.

I think ED do a great job but yes the last really new feature seems to be LTWS and thats nearly 3 Months ago,.... but i try to be patient.

I ordert the F16 and i think like the FA18 it will be a great module it just need time.

Sry for the bad English by the way

Harm "mostly" fixed in the last patch. 5.8? Maybe I am flying a different Hornet then because for me the Harm is completely unreliable. Will not hit anything. Engage a SAM dead on my nose that is locking me and the harm will appear to track initially then goes off on it's on in some crazy direction.

If you want a stable working game with less bugs, I advise to fly the DCS World Stable version, while the rest of us, patiently waits for ED to finish the development.

Nobody forces you to fly in DCS openbeta with all the bugs and work in progress stuff, that isn't ready for release, yet.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

If you want a stable working game with less bugs, I advise to fly the DCS World Stable version, while the rest of us, patiently waits for ED to finish the development.

Nobody forces you to fly in DCS openbeta with all the bugs and work in progress stuff, that isn't ready for release, yet.

The stable version has been the same build as Openbeta for the last 3 weeks. And since this and next week are said to be open beta updates, then whatever bugs are currently in DCS, beta or not, they will remain in Stable for at least two more weeks.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

@Revelation Using the LOFT mode on medium/short range is a waste of time, because before you get the launch authorization, an enemy will be already in range to fire his missile. In this case turning the LOFT mode off comes handy, because missile will go straight to the target, instead of climbing up to then dive on the enemy.

The stable version has been the same build as Openbeta for the last 3 weeks.

Stable version still gets fewer updates and on a less frequent basis than Open Beta. That was the point Shagrat was getting at.

Harm "mostly" fixed in the last patch. 5.8? Maybe I am flying a different Hornet then because for me the Harm is completely unreliable. Will not hit anything. Engage a SAM dead on my nose that is locking me and the harm will appear to track initially then goes off on it's on in some crazy direction.
Only in the open beta. Just switch to the stable release, where the buggy features, are not yet implemented.

But I guess, then you will complain about the newest gadgets and features from the openbeta missing?

You can't have it all...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

@Revelation Using the LOFT mode on medium/short range is a waste of time, because before you get the launch authorization, an enemy will be already in range to fire his missile. In this case turning the LOFT mode off comes handy, because missile will go straight to the target, instead of climbing up to then dive on the enemy.

I disagree. With LOFT mode on I can shoot at ranges close to an AIM-120. Further I typically don't use them for BVR shots, unless I am out of 120's or didn't bring them.

At this time, since you have to launch 120's in STT they are only marginally better than a 7MH.

It is beginning to look like it will be 4 weeks. No word on today's update......silence from the devs on patch day is never a good sign which has been the trend over the last month, and then we get the late in the day communication update delayed yet another week. May be in jeopardy for this week as well.

No word on today's update......silence from the devs on patch day is never a good sign which has been the trend over the last month, and then we get the late in the day communication update delayed yet another week.

Late in the day???

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3934656&postcount=158

Wags posted this on June 3rd, more than 45hrs before you. Who's late to the party? :)

Personally I'd rather ED admit that a feature hasn't been adequately tested and delay it, than push it out broken due to demand. DCS customers expect realism, so that should be the primary concern.

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

Late in the day???

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3934656&postcount=158

Wags posted this on June 3rd, more than 45hrs before you. Who's late to the party? :)

Personally I'd rather ED admit that a feature hasn't been adequately tested and delay it, than push it out broken due to demand. DCS customers expect realism, so that should be the primary concern.

I was commenting on the OB update due today not the Hornet patches that have been pushed to 6.12. And as far as being late to the party. Was speaking to no communication from ED on today's OB delay other than an obscure Nineline repost, not in this forum, as to a late issue found.