[NOW 27TH]So about tomorrow big OB patch

falcon_120

According to the latest weekly newsletter tomorrow November 20th we are a getting a lot of new functionality in the Viper including a first iteration of Link 16/MIDS and TWS which will be very much welcome.

So is this looking good for tomorrow? If yes, shouldn't we start seeing some video tutorial from Mr.Wags anytime around today regarding these new systems?

Regards,

Edited by falcon_120

• ED Team

Just a heads up we may see it later than the 20th, but still planned for this week.

Team are busy with it currently.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So as I said: Time will tell. There is no use in asking the "are we there yet???" question every single day...

It'll be there when it's ready.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Just a heads up we may see it later than the 20th, but still planned for this week.

thanks

I'm literally waiting for some Wags video mini-updates teaching us new stuff to show up. As that didn't happen yet, I already kinda expected a possible delay within this week. I once picked up they compile the update that gets released on a Wednesday on Monday already and then check if it's OK to bring it to the public. So basically when there's no update on a Tuesday on new planned features, it's very likely we'll have to wait a few days more or it won't be in yet.

It's always a good idea to keep track of the mini-updates threads and Wags' channel.

I still have to try out things from the previous patches like the new M2kC cockpit... icon_redface.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I'm literally waiting for some Wags video mini-updates teaching us new stuff to show up. As that didn't happen yet, I already kinda expected a possible delay within this week. I once picked up they compile the update that gets released on a Wednesday on Monday already and then check if it's OK to bring it to the public. So basically when there's no update on a Tuesday on new planned features, it's very likely we'll have to wait a few days more or it won't be in yet.

It's always a good idea to keep track of the mini-updates threads and Wags' channel.

I still have to try out things from the previous patches like the new M2kC cockpit... icon_redface.gif

I know, but that was that is exactly why I asked. They normally create a video when something is very close (1 week or so) to go live, however the newsletter was lets say quite precise regarding the date and content (Not a promise I know) and in this case I thought it could be the case of back to back training videos this same week. We will have to wait :).

thanks

REALLY appreciate the update, BN. Managing expectations is so important. Thanks!

Evan "Preacher" Weeks - Dad. Programmer. Virtual Fighter Pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Indeed, you guys are doing an awesome job! I can only imagine how exhausting this can be be from time to time :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

.. There is no use in asking the "are we there yet" question every single day...

+1 ... this kind of threads remind me when I'm traveling by car somewhere with my kids :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

+1 ... this kind of threads remind me when I'm traveling by car somewhere with my kids :)
Its funny all these grumpy old men, angry because people ask these inapropiatte questions IN A FORUM, how they dare...

Pro tip, you can avoid the thread, you are welcome ;).

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Its funny all these grumpy old men, angry because people ask these inapropiatte questions IN A FORUM, how they dare...

Pro tip, you can avoid the thread, you are welcome ;).

You got the inappropriate part right.

Buzz

You got the inappropriate part right.

How is asking a question about release expectations inappropriate exactly? If you were waiting for your airplane at an airport and you're just sitting there with the horrible weather, wouldn't you be curious if things were going to be on time? Might you ask a question or look for indications of delay?

How is asking a question about release expectations inappropriate exactly? If you were waiting for your airplane at an airport and you're just sitting there with the horrible weather, wouldn't you be curious if things were going to be on time? Might you ask a question or look for indications of delay?

I don't have a lot of patience for impatience.

Wouldn't it be better to just wait instead of cluttering up the forum with threads like this?

My weakness is reading most all threads.

Buzz

What would you say these forums are for, if not for asking valid questions like, "hey, we know we're getting these brand-new features in the near future. Could we please get a vid from Wags showing us how to use them?"

Evan "Preacher" Weeks - Dad. Programmer. Virtual Fighter Pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't have a lot of patience for impatience.

Wouldn't it be better to just wait instead of cluttering up the forum with threads like this?

My weakness is reading most all threads.

You said it yourself, it is your problem if you are bothered by what people ask (in a forum, sorry i say it again because its ironic for me)if it does not fit to your adequacy.

On top of that, there is no nuance of impatience in my question:

- "IF" A (your release estimation) holds true, should we expect B (training content) coming with it?

What would you say these forums are for, if not for asking valid questions like, "hey, we know we're getting these brand-new features in the near future. Could we please get a vid from Wags showing us how to use them?"

Yes, this is close to what I understand a FORUM is for. Also, to generate some healthy discussion on the content of the topic. But I think this thread has served its purpose (Thanks again for that ED!) and can be closed now as it can only drift away now.

I remember when I was a kid. When we went somewhere me and my brother would be in the back seat. He was always screaming..Are we there yet? I would be screaming for him to shut up!

Some things never change.

Some of us wait much better than others. That doesn't mean we can handle those who can't.

If I thought it was a legitimate question I wouldn't have said anything. A little research would have answered his question.

Buzz

I've changed my mind about buying the Viper. If I buy it i'll be hanging around this forum. If I don't I have no reason to come here.

That will make me and you happy.

Enjoy your wait.

facepalm_picard_2048x2048.jpg?v=1543758062

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I remember when I was a kid. When we went somewhere me and my brother would be in the back seat. He was always screaming..Are we there yet? I would be screaming for him to shut up!

Some things never change.

Some of us wait much better than others. That doesn't mean we can handle those who can't.

If I thought it was a legitimate question I wouldn't have said anything. A little research would have answered his question.

Luckily for me I'm good at waiting, and asking questions on this forum is a joy in itself for me.