[NO BUG] EFEI Color - Bug?

Bunny Clark

I've been wondering this for while, and I don't know if it's a bug or just a feature I don't understand.

Why does the EFEI have white numbers in the daytime and green numbers at night? Is it some kind of front-light back-light thing? Or just a bug with the instrument lighting?

I've been wondering this for while, and I don't know if it's a bug or just a feature I don't understand.

Why does the EFEI have white numbers in the daytime and green numbers at night? Is it some kind of front-light back-light thing? Or just a bug with the instrument lighting?

Simply put - for night ops (in DCS) - the white is far too bright, coming from a VR user. The green is a softer projection to the eyes and also negates a large flare when using NVG.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria