Chuck's Guides - DCS Tutorial Library

Charly_Owl

Just started reading it: again an awesome work Chuck!

Now, I'm eagerly waiting the Mb-339 guide...

Yes, I know all the DCS people is waiting for the F-15E one, but I'm sure the Macchino's one will take mch less time to be competed 😛

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

2 hours ago, Charly_Owl said:

Chuck's Guide to the Mirage F1  is finally available! Both the Mirage F1CE and F1EE variants are covered. The page count is 570+ pages.

Link: https://chucksguides.com/aircraft/dcs/mirage-f1/

In typical canadian fashion, I feel I must once again apologize for taking so long to complete this project. This aircraft is dear to my heart, and I did not want to cut any corners, which once again expanded the scope of this document way beyond what I had originally planned. C'est la vie.

The Mirage F1 is a fantastic Cold War era fighter... the second the afterburner kicks in and you start flying at treetop level at breakneck speeds, you'll understand why this widely exported aircraft was loved by its pilots. The exhilarating sense of speed is something truly special, and you will definitely see why this aircraft is easy to learn but hard to master. I hope this document will be able to bring new players up to speed quickly and garner interest for this beautiful yet deadly french "pointu".

Happy reading, and bonne lecture!

Chuck

Puh....wow!

Thank you!

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Merci Chuck du très bon travail comme toujours 👍🇫🇷🇨🇦

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Charly_Owl:

Chuck's Guide to the Mirage F1  is finally available! Both the Mirage F1CE and F1EE variants are covered. The page count is 570+ pages.

Link: https://chucksguides.com/aircraft/dcs/mirage-f1/

In typical canadian fashion, I feel I must once again apologize for taking so long to complete this project. This aircraft is dear to my heart, and I did not want to cut any corners, which once again expanded the scope of this document way beyond what I had originally planned. C'est la vie.

The Mirage F1 is a fantastic Cold War era fighter... the second the afterburner kicks in and you start flying at treetop level at breakneck speeds, you'll understand why this widely exported aircraft was loved by its pilots. The exhilarating sense of speed is something truly special, and you will definitely see why this aircraft is easy to learn but hard to master. I hope this document will be able to bring new players up to speed quickly and garner interest for this beautiful yet deadly french "pointu".

Happy reading, and bonne lecture!

Chuck

What would we do without you...!:worthy:

• Like 2

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

@Charly_Owl Hi, I can imagine that the guide for the F-15E currently has priority. But are there any plans to update the guide for the SA342? If so, is there an approximate timetable for when that should happen? 

Thank you for your great work!

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Charly_Owl:

Yes. I have a few updates planned before I start working on the Strike Eagle proper.

Ah, really? That's good news! :worthy:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Charly_Owl said:

I have a few updates planned before I start working on the Strike Eagle proper.

Nice to know, I look forward to an updated Gazelle Guide ... it also has the advantage of giving the Strike Eagle a little more time, to flesh out more of its features. 👍

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

5 hours ago, Charly_Owl said:

Yes. I have a few updates planned before I start working on the Strike Eagle proper.

Wow... cool, thanks a lot. 

• Like 1

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Mirage 2000C: Changelog (13/08/2023):
•    Re-wrote Engine & Fuel Management Section
•    Added INS Drift section
•    Added navigation Overfly and Radar Fix (Recalage Oblique) procedures
•    Added a few clarifications to the IFF section
•    Added procedures specifically for External Drop Tanks
•    Added hyperlinks to Table of Contents
•    Fixed typos and errors

F-14B Changelog (19/08/2023):
•    Added new section on INS (Inertial Navigation System)
•    Added INS Drift section
•    Added navigation Overfly, TACAN and Radar Fix procedures

A-10C Warthog Changelog (31/08/2023):
•    Updated start-up procedure to include ARC-210 radio setup
•    Cleaned up radio section
•    Added ARC-210 Radio tutorials for manual frequencies and preset channels
•    Added wheel chocks to start-up procedure

SA-342 Gazelle Changelog (1/09/2023):
•    Complete guide overhaul

Mosquito, P-51D, P-47D, & Spitfire Changelogs (2/09/2023):
•    Added Magnetic Declination section
•    Added Airport Data section

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 10

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks! The following guides just got updated:

FW190A-8 Changelog (20/09/2023)

• Complete Overhaul

FW190D-9 Changelog (20/09/2023)

• Complete Overhaul

Bf.109K-4 Changelog (20/09/2023)

• Complete Overhaul

P-47D Thunderbolt Changelog (20/09/2023)

• Added bomb fuze section

P-51D Mustang Changelog (20/09/2023)

Spitfire Mk. IX Changelog (20/09/2023)

DH.98 Mosquito Changelog (20/09/2023)

• Typo corrections

Mi-8MTV2 Changelog (20/09/2023)

• Added multicrew section
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 9

Thank you so much, your work throughput is just nothing short of outstanding, I wonder how you find the time to do it on top of your everyday life 🙏

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

L-39ZA Albatros: Changelog (13/10/2023):
•    Complete Guide Overhaul

Mi-24P Hind: Changelog (13/10/2023):
•    Added level bombing tutorial with Petrovich AI
•    Added attack profile tables for both unguided bombs and cluster munitions (KMGU-2/USLP)

F-16C: Changelog (19/10/2023):
•    Steerpoint Auto/Manual Sequencing logic updated to reflect latest implementation for Steerpoint Navigation Tutorial section and Autopilot STRG SEL Mode section
•    Offset Aimpoint logic updated

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 6

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Wacko_ZA said:

Hi there @Charly_Owl, again thanks SO much for these guides. they have changed the sim for so many, making it so much more accessible.
I am guessing you are being hammered with this, but do we have a ETA for the F15E guide? 

Too soon to tell.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

@Charly_OwlA question about the Viggen Guide: How important is this guide in your time planning? I understand you're working on a guide for the F-15E. But do you have an update planned for this guide?