Non combat aircraft

Jester986

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, at the end i think a C-130 is, let´s see how this can be a reality in DCS, stay tuned...no deadlines, no release dates, NOTHING on this yet, i don´t even know if someone from the other dev teams reads this as well and call it dibs..

Fair enough, I wish you guys good luck with this project :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

So, at the end i think a C-130 is, let´s see how this can be a reality in DCS, stay tuned...no deadlines, no release dates, NOTHING on this yet, i don´t even know if someone from the other dev teams reads this as well and call it dibs..
It won't be an easy thing to create, though I guess most of the systems and performance data isn't as difficult to acquire than say a modern fighter jet.

Let's see if it is a viable project. I guess it is depending on a few things that are not in DCS, yet.

If these turn out to be showstoppers, well we have to live with that.

If they do it in the end it is a good thing, as it will be unique in DCS and attract a whole bunch of people more into biggies plus a fair share of current DCS addicts.

But it is a long road, so we on the customer side need patience.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Too early for a C-130 thread? :megalol::music_whistling:

I was inverted B)

Can we get a status update? I kid. I kid. Good luck with the herc.

Here's my list of NCA if the Hercules doesn't work out. Cargo/Refuel Planes-C-47 Skytrain,C-54 Skymaster,C-124 Globemaster II,C-133 Cargomaster,C-141 Starlifter,C-5 Galaxy,C-17 Globemaster III,KC-10 Extender,C/EC-121 Constellation,RC-12 King Air/Guardrail,EKA-3 Skywarrior. Trainers-T-6 Texan,T-28 Trojan,T-34A/C Mentor/Turbo Mentor,T-2 Buckeye,T-44 Pegasus,T-29 Flying Classroom. Reconnaissance/EW Planes-EB-66 Destroyer,U-2 Dragon Lady,SR-71 Blackbird,RF-101 Voodoo,RF-4 Phantom II. Helos- Robinson R-44,Hiller OH-23 Raven,Kaman HH-43 Huskie,Hughes TH-55 Osage and MBB/Kawasaki BK-117.

Edited by Angelthunder
Missed additional aircraft.

OV-10 is still a combat type

Would be referring to the light observation and Forward air control [FAC] variants. Any aircraft could be considered combat type depending on how its equipped. Such as the C-130, its a cargo plane til l you put the big guns on.:)

If they don't want to work on four engines... then how about a C27J... the C130's little brother.

Well... sorta.

The C-130's true little sibling, in service/experience/age, and, most importantly, in spirit, is indubitably and unequivocally and absolutely the DHC-4/C-7 Caribou:

AMC4862-C-7.jpg

And, apart from the 2-engine/4-engine thing, in terms of the scale of the DCS maps, a much better fit!

But, whether C-130, DHC-4, or C-27J, I'll take it!

Thinking about Kc-135 or other tanker aircrafts, this is what that comes into my mind :))) I really love to smash some f-15 or a-10 s with the boom :chair: besides, flying an airbus would be pretty fun in a combat environment, gimme that tanker and I will be flying it at least for 8 hours straight in populated servers :)))

attachment.php?attachmentid=176725&stc=1&d=1516949406

attachment.php?attachmentid=176724&stc=1&d=1516949406

4840943983_4776495494_b.thumb.jpg.a326057b6f03c0da75a598457c291551.jpg

imagen-Proyecto-Encoder.jpg.c4352eb89f51fa706b271cf7188a99fb.jpg

Thinking about Kc-135 or other tanker aircrafts, this is what that comes into my mind :))) I really love to smash some f-15 or a-10 s with the boom :chair: besides, flying an airbus would be pretty fun in a combat environment, gimme that tanker and I will be flying it at least for 8 hours straight in populated servers :)))

I can't imagine anything more boring than flying circles for 8h straight...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

[...]DHC-4/C-7 Caribou:

c8Jj7QkR9pyW4GOaniDt_ALSeJCbIf6c8dNlHxaYDZOgL6eWN1KWPTcLBsjKR4SIVmDK=s128

And, apart from the 2-engine/4-engine thing, in terms of the scale of the DCS maps, a much better fit! [...]

I think it is just much more interesting aircraft also.

If you go transport, i believe a more "vintage" and rugged airframe would open up possibilities for many different scenarios (think "air america" / "civil air transport" type of clandestine missions), while still being able to fit the general logistics role on a modern battlefield.

While the USAF surely won't fly these older aircrafts anymore, it is not difficult to believe, that a smaller allied airforce still would even today...

Edited by twistking

a legacy version of the hercules would be ok. i don't like too modern glass cockpits if they are not really necessary. steam gauges always rock.

but i hope they will develop and implement a weather radar

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

If they don't want to work on four engines... then how about a C27J... the C130's little brother.

Alenia_C-27J_Spartan%2C_Italy_-_Air_Force_A_mod.jpg

Well... sorta.

Funny story time!

Hercules was considered by the Spartans their own ancestor- So the C27J Spartan is the smaller version of the C-130 Hercules.

You see it?

Hercules > Spartan ... coincidence? I think not! :D

Well I think the C-130 or similar will be a great addition to DCS. It's many years away though so I'll try to forget it's coming until the last year of its development lol.

A request to razbam though, I don't expect a KC-130 but please consider building the module in such a way that if you decide to add that functionality and sell it separately that it would not require an entire rebuild.

Way better than flying 8 hours in other non-combat sims dead environment,at least there's some life going on in the populated servers... just imagine the amount of planes coming in for the fuel, it would be pretty fun if it was possible to switch to boom operator..

• Like 1

You mean like a realistic Combat Air Patrol? ;)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You mean like a realistic Combat Air Patrol? ;)

Exactly, although they can be more action packed depending on the war and its situation ;)

But yeah, flying CAPs is often boring as well, so I rather stay away from doing that. (especially HAVCAPs!).

Tornado3 small.jpg

Exactly, although they can be more action packed depending on the war and its situation ;)

But yeah, flying CAPs is often boring as well, so I rather stay away from doing that. (especially HAVCAPs!).

From what I know about combat drops in hot environment, especially at night, a C-130 can be very... Let's say interesting.

And I won't mind to pilot a Tanker in a crowded environment either. Or a AC-130 Spectre over an Insurgent camp... Add an Autopilot and controls for the refueling hose/boom on the KC and Guns on the AC and we will be fine.

Shagrat

From what I know about combat drops in hot environment, especially at night, a C-130 can be very... Let's say interesting.

Yes, I would love to fly a C-130 or C-160 in DCS. Doing resupply flights for frontline air fields should be fun as well! I just don't want to draw circles in the sky flying a tanker.

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit, late to the party..

C-130 or Osprey. The Hercules is just iconic for being true multi-role and being very good at it.

And the V-22 is capable of STOL or VTOL with limited cargo.. A fast helo or slow Hercules..

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.