Gun PAC with X45 (Single Stage)

squid1

Anyone know if its possible to program the Saitek X45 so you pull the trigger for PAC1 and pull the pinky in for PAC2/Fire? Currently, I have PAC1 on the trigger (button 1) and PAC2 is Pinky+Trigger (button 7+button1), but when I fire the gun, I have to let go of the trigger and grip both triggers again before the gun goes off. Any help? Thanks :thumbup:

kpdyhDV.png

Edited by squid1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saitek x45 Hotas

Canadian!

Try setting that pinky switch as a modifier Then bind pinky+trigger for pac2.

Edit: although im not sure it works like that. i mean holding down the button first and modifier second. Just checked it, doesnt work like that.

But it works if you dont use a modifier. i mean using two individual buttons for pac1 and pac2.

Edited by kylekatarn720

Try setting that pinky switch as a modifier Then bind pinky+trigger for pac2.

Edit: although im not sure it works like that. i mean holding down the button first and modifier second. Just checked it, doesnt work like that.

But it works if you dont use a modifier. i mean using two individual buttons for pac1 and pac2.

damn this is gonna be tricky because my Pinky switch is also a modifier for many other things. Can I bind the modifier on its own as a key while still keeping it as a modifier??? It doesnt do anything on its own right now it just works as a modifier. So if I could bind button 7 (the modifier/pinky) as a key without removing it from the modifier window thatd be my best option. But I don't see how I would do it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saitek x45 Hotas

Canadian!

I tried but couldnt get it to work like that when i was using logitech extreme 3d pro. I think it doesnt function like a key anymore after you make it a modifier.

Edit: If you dont use the gun without the pac, you can try something something like this. Lets say, when you press your trigger dcs shows you a "button 1" in the adjust controls page, you can bind an extra keyboard button to that trigger. So when you hold down your trigger, dcs will input button 1 and a keyboard button at the same time. if you just bind that keyboard button to pac2, then it should activate pac and fire your cannon at the same time with just a single trigger press

Im using this method to force my radio control hat on my throttle to both control the in-game radio and teamspeak at the same time. JoyToKey is the name of the program im using for it.

Edited by kylekatarn720

I tried but couldnt get it to work like that when i was using logitech extreme 3d pro. I think it doesnt function like a key anymore after you make it a modifier.

Edit: If you dont use the gun without the pac, you can try something something like this. Lets say, when you press your trigger dcs shows you a "button 1" in the adjust controls page, you can bind an extra keyboard button to that trigger. So when you hold down your trigger, dcs will input button 1 and a keyboard button at the same time. if you just bind that keyboard button to pac2, then it should activate pac and fire your cannon at the same time with just a single trigger press

Im using this method to force my radio control hat on my throttle to both control the in-game radio and teamspeak at the same time. JoyToKey is the name of the program im using for it.

I'll try this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saitek x45 Hotas

Canadian!

It won't work if you want to use a single button + the same button with a modifier. Have to be two different ones. I've set my space bar as PAC first stage and when I press the trigger it fires (without letting go of the space)

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Anyone know if its possible to program the Saitek X45 so you pull the trigger for PAC1 and pull the pinky in for PAC2/Fire? Currently, I have PAC1 on the trigger (button 1) and PAC2 is Pinky+Trigger (button 7+button1), but when I fire the gun, I have to let go of the trigger and grip both triggers again before the gun goes off. Any help? Thanks :thumbup:

I think you would have to use the Saitek software for this to work.

I do this with CH Manager, (Joystick Trigger = PAC-1) + (Throttle pinky = PAC2/Fire)

I like it setup this way on the throttle for the fire, so I don't move the aim point while trying to use a 2nd button on the main Joystick to fire.

The Throttle pinky is my (Software) shift key also, not a DCS Modifier key.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I think you would have to use the Saitek software for this to work.

I do this with CH Manager, (Joystick Trigger = PAC-1) + (Throttle pinky = PAC2/Fire)

I like it setup this way on the throttle for the fire, so I don't move the aim point while trying to use a 2nd button on the main Joystick to fire.

The Throttle pinky is my (Software) shift key also, not a DCS Modifier key.

This seems like the best way to do it, however I don't think I wanna go through unbinding from DCS setting up all my binds as Macros through Saitek SST. For example when I tried setting Mode 1 Trigger to P and Mode1+Pinky to be Space+P (default bindings for PAC1/PAC1+2), this didn't work. Maybe you could show me how you've done it? Thanks :thumbup: For now, I made button A on top of the stick PAC1 and the trigger PAC2, as this seems to work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saitek x45 Hotas

Canadian!

I am not using ch manager at all and simply configure button number 2 in throttle as pac1 and trigger (button number 1) in stick as fire. My setup is ch fighterstick, prothrottle and propedals. This way I press button 2 in throttle for pac1 and trigger at the same time to fire.

I am not using ch manager at all and simply configure button number 2 in throttle as pac1 and trigger (button number 1) in stick as fire. My setup is ch fighterstick, prothrottle and propedals. This way I press button 2 in throttle for pac1 and trigger at the same time to fire.

this is what i want except in my case "button 2" is also my modifier for many things, they seem to be on some sort of weird trigger in the stick that if you are holding the gun trigger and then pull the pinky trigger, it does not register the 2nd action. You must let go and perform the action again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saitek x45 Hotas

Canadian!

I used the x45 for a long time, before finally getting a Warthog. I used the yellow button to the left of the Pickle (red) button on the stick for PAC-1.

If you're using the pinky as a modifier, I'm not sure how you'd also use it to fire the gun.

So you know, if you just use the trigger 2nd stage, it will engage PAC-1, it just means you can't use it to stabilize before you fire.

Also, if you have the x45 software installed, delete it. If you use windows' default drivers the 'mode' switch on the throttle can be used like a normal 3-way switch. I used it as the boat switch, IIRC. If I can dig up my old X45 stuff I'll post it.

I used the pinky on the stick and the big yellow button on the throttle as modifiers. The image is color-coded as to which modifiers to use.

601191784_NEWA-10CPROFILE.thumb.png.275aacb21e569e7aead4425d7f0263a4.png

Edited by Wrench