Setting LAU-88 in DSMS?

cameroon

I am adjusting my inventory after loading weapons (and trying to do it without using the LOAD -> DSMS Load route). So far I've got it fairly well figured out, except that I can't figure out how you set the quantity on a LAU-88.

There's an OBS button labeled QTY, but clicking it doesn't change the quantity and the manual doesn't seem to provide any real information about changing the quantity.

Trying to set quantity to 2 (LAU-88 is defaulting to 3 for AGM-65H).

Is this one of those things that just doesn't work?

Figured out the answer to my own question, putting it here in case others end up finding this post.

To change the quantity for a launcher:

1 DSMS

2 Inventory (top right OBS)

3 Select your station

4 Assign the slot as needed (for example; missile -> launcher lau-88 and agm-65h)

5 Click 1, 2 or 3 on the UFC (right below the HUD)

6 Click []QTY OBS button

7 Click Load

Hope that helps someone else!

Edited by cameroon

Alternatively, if you need to have your loadout completely redone, you can reload the DSMS, separately from the rest of the data computer and avionics.

- Press and hold one of the OSBs along the bottom row of one of the MFCDs and it will pull up the page select screen for that OSB.

- Select 'LOAD,' the OSB you held down will change to reflect this.

- Select your new 'LOAD' OSB and it will being up the Load page, similar to when you first start up the computer.

- You can now selectively reload the DSMS to refresh your loadout.

If the OSB you selected for the Load page is mission-critical, don't forget to switch back to the desired page. I usually pick the DSMS OSB on the Left MFCD in order to ensure that I switch the OSB back to the DSMS.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/