DCS : F4U-1 Corsair

Hueyman

When we finally got  project update, about damage modeling being the last part before they hand it over to ED, I just assumed based on the team size, the wording they used and Mag3s operation style. They it would be at least 6 months. So I'm not fretting yet. But once we've past July. I'll start to the excited and impatient. 

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so I know I may be late to the party on the speculation on this image, but I didn't see any specific mentions of it in the forums here.

Looking at Manitudes New Years post the two aircraft that are in silhouette of the red shell burst I casually thought, looking on my phone screen, of them as more Zero teasers. Now going back to them on my much larger monitor I started noticing more details that I missed. Looking more closely at the underside of the cowling there is a more prominent fairing there, the canopy was relatively frameless, the aerial mast behind the cockpit appeared in a different place, and the tail of the aircraft were very different from any Zero/Zeke model I'm familiar with.

I know Magnitude and ED are working on multiple assets for the PTO including I think very obviously the AI Zero/Zeke is among many other assets, so is it possible they are hiding other AI fighters up their sleeve? My speculation here would be that they have an AI Ki-84 Hayate in the works in addition to the heavily teased Zero!

Is anyone else seeing the same thing or am I completely off base here?

Link to the original post from Magnitude 3's Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=642110594379261&set=ecnf.100057409782744null

image.jpeg

Ki-84 Hayate-Kia-2.jpg

• Like 1

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

3 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

Is anyone else seeing the same thing or am I completely off base here?

Nah, you're not the only one. I commented on it right away after a guy posted a cropped fragment of original pic in the "A6M5c tease" thread back then. Zoomed-in Ki-84 silhouette was so characteristic it couldn't be mistaken for anything else. Or could it? Apparently someone in FB comments sees a P-40 and a Zero over there 😉 😄. That reminds me reading about early months of war on the PTO, when for all Allied pilots everything with a radial engine and meatballs on wings was promptly identified as a "Zero".

Now, that Ki-84 might not mean anything  - after all, If you recall, Leatherneck team before the split had a Wildcat as a backdrop of their official website (which made the community speculate their brains out) and today we know it was only just that - a fancy website backdrop. However, "I want to believe" there's indeed an AI Frank asset in the works as well. We can only wait and see.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

A Ki-84 would be fantastic to see, I wonder what ED have up there sleeves… they definitely have something brewing.

I know the map would be far too large but a Solomon/New Guinea map would make me very happy. 

Begs the question where were the vast majority of the Ki-84 stationed… Japan/Okinawa or further afield?

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

^ Majority? Philippines and Japan, so the upcoming WWII Marianas map doesn't fit at all, but whatever. Any PTO map is better than no PTO map.

There's one more thing - apparently when Greg of "Greg's Airplanes and Automobiles" channel made his excellent 3-part series on the Frank, he used some rare reference materials provided by Hiromachi. That means the venerable M3's documentation guy has been actively gathering data about that plane. He might be doing it privately for himself... but might as well be doing it for his team. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 2

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

To my eye both of the silhouettes in the Magnitude 3 image look like they came from the Ki-84 in the War Thunder wiki.

Magnitude 3:

image.jpeg.de1e6fe6e51d2b432c5644efd09acf31.jpeg

War Thunder:

800px-ArtImage_Ki-84_hei.png

I thin they look exactly the same.

The War Thunder image is from here: https://wiki.warthunder.com/Ki-84_hei

If the silhouettes are just copy/pasted from the web I'm afraid there may be less there than meets the eye.

But hope springs eternal.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Only 42 pages ?   Warbirds, and especially the fastest production WWII Prop driven one that did 400 in level flight should have so many more following it !!!

After the 2023 DCS world intro, We knew certain planes and jets would be coming out, show more support please !!!

F4U Corsair.jpg.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ctguy1955 said:

Only 42 pages ?   Warbirds, and especially the fastest production WWII Prop driven one that did 400 in level flight should have so many more following it !!!

After the 2023 DCS world intro, We knew certain planes and jets would be coming out, show more support please !!!

F4U Corsair.jpg.jpg

When the devs give us something to be excited about we will. They are working on the damage modeling, so nothing "exciting" is happening. At the moment. 

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

vArYKy2.jpg

• Like 13

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The next DM picture:

669gVjT.jpg

• Like 8

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 5/25/2023 at 7:02 PM, YoYo said:

vArYKy2.jpg

I haven't even had the chance to pre-order this thing, and already you're smashing it up!!

Stop that!!

image.gif

Edited by Captain Orso
  • Like 2

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

On 4/12/2023 at 1:05 AM, Art-J said:

^ Majority? Philippines and Japan, so the upcoming WWII Marianas map doesn't fit at all, but whatever. Any PTO map is better than no PTO map.

There's one more thing - apparently when Greg of "Greg's Airplanes and Automobiles" channel made his excellent 3-part series on the Frank, he used some rare reference materials provided by Hiromachi. That means the venerable M3's documentation guy has been actively gathering data about that plane. He might be doing it privately for himself... but might as well be doing it for his team. Fingers crossed!

Could also just as easily be a Ki-43 Hayabusa...

Nakajima_Ki-43-IIa.jpg

Which were all over.

Including the Honey-Hole Solomon Islands.

Bowie

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

On angel's wings..... Angel of Death :devil_2:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

From the Mag3 Facebook page.

"Some news coming soon(tm)!"

Mag3 Corsair.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

2 weeks? 😄 Surely that means that release not this year? 😉 I hope I was wrong.

Honestly, I was betting on the end of the year, but it's already November and still nothing.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif