A-10A Nose Wheel Steering

101PFDR

• 2 years later...
Doesn't it have toggle type NWS ? S key or something.

Also, nice necro.

No, it does not use the "S" key for NWS, that is the F-15.

BlackLibrary: I just created a new mission and taxied the A-10A with no problem (DCS 1.5.7). Maybe take a look at your key/stick assignments.

Edited by HiJack

• 5 months later...
Hi

i know its a old threat but since today i have the same problem.

Rudder works fine, but nose wheel do nothing?!

f-15 works fine!

I get this bug sometimes. You know the NWS isn't going to work after landing when flaps won't deploy unless very low speed.

This has nothing to do with the A-10c. Only the A.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

welcome newbies

NWS is working as not intended when used as not intended.

The bad side is the coders allowed the misuse since many years.

When you start engines in electronics off mode (not press RSHIFT+L in cold state) NWS is on only for electronics off mode.

When you turn on electronics with running engines NWS is off. (despite the cockpit light lie)

When you turn off electronics again NWS goes on.

swapped.

Maybe before Modern Air Combat release this will be fixed.

edit: please exit from DCS after replaying this track, because FORCE game flight mode that accidentally left on game options because of other experiment; but that is another bug

2,5,5,34644_A10A_NWsteering_engaged_when_electronics_OFF.trk

Edited by discwalker

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

• 2 years later...

I also have this issue. I just recently solved it by starting a mission in the air and landing at and airfield. After landing the NWS was back. So I restarted the mission but this time cold and dark at that airfield and it was still working fine. I don't know if it will stay this way but for now it works.

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
maybe found a solution

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

there is a different reason for the malfunction of the NWS. I had this everytime in Winter-missions after landing, that I couldn‘t roll neither left nor right from the ramp for refueling / rearming. Reason: after flying through ice-cold air the mechanics of the nose-wheel and the flaps are frozen, it is just TOO COLD!!!

If you change the temperature in the mission-editor to at least 5 degrees celsius (iirc), the mechanics of the A10A don‘t freeze anymore!

So this might be a feature of reality, but sadly it isn‘t communicated at all, until one finds it out by pure accident 😞

• 1 month later...

Just had the same issue in a MP server..

Did a long-ish mission with A-10A (90m) in snowy caucasus.. RTB and landed with no issues.. when i stop the plane i had no nose wheel steering ... tried switching on and off electronics with no luck

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...