Startup Tutorial dont work

maikchaos

• 4 weeks later...
For me the Startup Tutorial won't work.

The step "Turn on AN / ARN -82 VHF NAV COMM radio" just not continue. Right click on the switch and nothing happens.

There is an issue with the first two radios, in that the power on switches don't work, but if you use the frequency knob (Use the Middle mouse wheel) on the first one and turn it to the right, the radio turns on also, the second radio, you have to turn the frequency knob to the left and then right to turn on the radio.

This has been reported.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, sorry to bring up a fairly old post but this describes a problem I'm still having today- the cold start training mission instructions just stop when it comes to turning on the radio.

Any progress with a fix?

Thanks for the interim fix, I will see if it helps next time I run the cold start training mission.

Recently got the Huey in the sale as my first helicopter, I'm otherwise very much enjoying it!

Have a nice day!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

this bug reported 5 month ago and still nto fixed?

Every new player will try the cold start tutorial. So this should be fixed asap.

Come on. Give the Huey a little love.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

• 3 months later...
Hi guys,

this bug reported 5 month ago and still nto fixed?

Every new player will try the cold start tutorial. So this should be fixed asap.

Come on. Give the Huey a little love.

Now 8 months and still NOT fixed....

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

There is an issue with the first two radios, in that the power on switches don't work, but if you use the frequency knob (Use the Middle mouse wheel) on the first one and turn it to the right, the radio turns on also, the second radio, you have to turn the frequency knob to the left and then right to turn on the radio.

This has been reported.

Regards, Ian.

Thanks Ian, that´s the only way it works. Shame that they still didn´t fix it.

Rgds

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Thanks Ian, that´s the only way it works. Shame that they still didn´t fix it.

Rgds

Can only report the problem, I can't tazzer them into action.

I did have a quick go at modifying the required Lua and mission files for how it detects the switch position, but I got a little confused and gave up, it is more or less back to front in the new file compared to the older huey module in say DCS 1.216 or 1.5.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 4 months later...

Giving this one a bump, still bugged..

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

Here is fixed version of mission in question with the radios working correctly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/js7fvlu6yq6oaua/dcsw%20-%20uh-1h%20training%20missions%20%28patch%20to%20game%29%20%28v2.5x%29.zip?dl=0

Regards, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.

Here is fixed version of mission in question with the radios working correctly.

Regards, Ian.

Thanks Ian, I will save it for when I get back to re-learning the UH

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. Thank you.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN