=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Dear Mr. eekz I followed the Russian Thread a little bit about the labels, for best Spotting you have to fly with the creepiest Monitor in Resolution 1980x1080 for the biggest possible Pixel on your Monitor with Antialiasing deactivated..

That can not be seen in any Statistic what player are using witch Hardware..

For equal Opportunity the labels was perfect, doesn't matter did you fly with VR or shit Monitor you can spot things...

Now its for me fishing in Dark, the Planes are jumping so hard between LOD's around the Skyline and Ground you are unable to follow because things what you have insight are vanished from one Moment to the Other...

Since the Labels deactivated all people are flying at Ground altitude to spot anything that doesn't tell you the statistic, because you don't see anything with VR or higher Monitor resolution that's below you or above you...

Flying then Fw-190 for example is then pain, because turn fight with Spitfire is not your best solution...

Before the Labels are accidently disabled by ED, I see no discussion to turn of this thing anywhere?

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

+1

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

+1

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Just had a look, most certainly couldn't see any labels.

Guess I'll wait before I next take a scan.

One question on the labels, are they colour coded, such that at least I know if it's an enemy or a friendly, or do I still have to chance shooting down a friendly because I fly in VR and struggle with ID'ing an aircraft?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Labels will be back on the 1st of October. Not old ones, but new variant. Already done it. They look more natural.

But let September season be 'no-label season'. Don't be tough on me for that, it's for the good :smilewink:

6th October and still no lables ! Any Reason? The dog fights are at cherubs height. The axis 109 K4s have a huge advantage. Get the fight back to 18 to 25 k as it usually ends up in the cherubs any way

Soon. Really. But don't expect them to be as bold as before.

Also, probably it worth to let ED know that we would like to have labels not be visible though clouds, 3D models..

I feel that I chose between bad (labels), bad(no labels) and bad(labels-nolabels rotation) variants.. not really happy with any...

Edited by eekz

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

There shouldn't be clouds anyway until ED manages to get them synchronised online.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Definitely an Improvement. Maybe for VR at least it would be better to increase the range slightly, but it’s still not horrible as it is right now. Unfortunately contrast against the sky (which is black for some reason in DCs) is poor, but against the ground they work very well.

9./JG27

I couldn't see any labels, or if I did, was just a black smudge in the sky, i.e. of no use whatsoever.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Hi Eekz! Thanks for bringing the labels back. It's definitely an improvement, although as DF said range is still pretty poor in VR. My biggest problem is that at closer ranges it's a big black square that blocks out the plane, making identification impossible (again, in VR). I tweaked your labels in a slightly different way, to make them much more opaque, merely a view enhancement placed on top of other planes. It doesn't bock it out, it doesn't stand out that much. From 8-10 km you can already see very, very faint dots if you know where to look, and only from 3-4 km do they become slightly more visible:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302086/

Thanks, I'll take a look. I'll be tuning labels further. Currently going to fix big black square.

By fix, Will that include colour to signify whether you’re allied or axis? Doing that will be a massive improvement for VR users and their inability to ID an aircraft.

By fix, Will that include colour to signify whether you’re allied or axis?

Sorry, but no. The only purpose of visibility mod is to reduce the chance of accidental visual contact loss at close range due to imperfection of monitors' resolutions and contrast ranges

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

If no one else does, I’ll post one tonight such that my concerns make sense.

I promise I’m not trying to be a pain the in @ss, but right now, you have to be on top of the aircraft to genuinely ID it in VR.

It’s a little disconcerting to set yourself up on a potential attack run, only to find that you’ve spent 10 mins stalking a friendly, and have left yourself open to a nearby enemy aircraft as a result.