Mission 11 help

gabuzomeu

Hello,

Any advice on how to beat the mission 11 adversary?

Thanks

I manage to spot gazelles on radar Low PRF , but then Mistral seems to never let go and have longer range than my Magic.

Any recommendation is welcome for this lousy pilot :)

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

Hey guys this is a tough one, I know. My advice:

If you really are in trouble wait for the Gazelles to engage the Hogs. They will attack them with Sidewinders and guns - at that moment drop on them with entire flight. Use flares and keep your head on a swivel plus be careful not to hit the A-10. Hope this helps!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Ok thank you Sir, will do that. Will also continue to practice some heads on with those new friends of yours, interesting.

Oh n speaking of which, as I was trying to put on a lil’ training mission for this part n replicate your AI behaviour, I looked at your mission in the mission editor, founded what I needed, but was very surprised to found no trigger n things, so Î’m just curious about what Î’m missing here, unless of course it is kind of personal secret recipe ;)

Edited by Jetsun

• 1 month later...
Ok thank you Sir, will do that. Will also continue to practice some heads on with those new friends of yours, interesting.

Oh n speaking of which, as I was trying to put on a lil’ training mission for this part n replicate your AI behaviour, I looked at your mission in the mission editor, founded what I needed, but was very surprised to found no trigger n things, so Î’m just curious about what Î’m missing here, unless of course it is kind of personal secret recipe ;)

The triggers are hidden in the DLC campaigns, that is why you couldn't see them!

Thanks for help, I finally managed to survive through it, but none of my wingmen did.... SAD!

Indeed, had the same results most of the time :D but I always felt most sorry for Max.

Yeah, hunting Gazelles is great! All Mirages except mine were shot down. My plane was hit by 2 mistral missiles, but the cannon still worked and I managed to get back to Nellis.

9DEFacS.jpg

Gratz! At some point I thought that I'd need to make this mission much easier as nobody will pass it, but I see it is quite OK :thumbup:

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 3 months later...

This mission is hard! This is the first time i feel the need to stop by the forums and look for tips. To be completly honest my first reaction was that those gazelles were bug exploiting.

While i'm writing here i take the occasion to thank you Baltic! The ambiance and effort you put to immerse players in your campaigns is fantastic. Every times i launch a mission of yours i feel like i'm there in the pit and part of a whole military operation!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This mission is hard! This is the first time i feel the need to stop by the forums and look for tips. To be completly honest my first reaction was that those gazelles were bug exploiting.

While i'm writing here i take the occasion to thank you Baltic! The ambiance and effort you put to immerse players in your campaigns is fantastic. Every times i launch a mission of yours i feel like i'm there in the pit and part of a whole military operation!

Yes, well said. I have completed this campaign for a second time and must say second time around I am a better Mirage pilot! Not to mention feeling that I actually fly for Arme de l'air!

Re mission. 11, I think it highlights how difficult it is to get the Matra Magic's to lock a Gazelle. This may be quite accurate! Certainly the 9x is a more sensitive seeker and can be off boresighted! But we can't swap the Mirage c for a Hornet in the campaign. If you do a scenario mission with the Hornet and 9x the outcome is interesting!

But I love the "Charle"! I wish BD would do another campaign for her!

Regards.

David

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

• 3 weeks later...

possible attack strategy

Hi everyone who is going through the "Gazelle hell".

After several fails I made a training mission trying to find more effective attacks with a higher chance of survival :pilotfly:

My findings where that the best chance of beating those little bastards was to shoot all Magics in a single attack run. Best results with an attack from above flying the same course, then locking the missiles on one after another. After the last shot I went full AB 90° up to get out of the line of fire.

Another strategy was to do the same on low level flight which makes finding and lock easier but I never managed to get out of the danger zone :-) in time.

good luck and don´t forget your stapler :thumbup:

BAE

• 11 months later...

made it at first try with all enemy destroyed. To fight gazelles use good old boom & zoom tactics. I mostly used my guns to shoot them down. Don't turn hard on them. Easy on the stick, extend and attack again.

• 7 months later...

This mission is pretty hard because it's really hard to spot those damn Gazelle. i wasn't able to spot them with my radar, so had to do it visually.

But as there are helos, they can't put their nose up, so i use verticality to kill them. 3 magic hits, and "only" 3 mirage down. Chevy 2 lost his 2 mirages + one of mine.