Input Lag

Phantom_Mark

Logitech Wingman 3D Force Feedback user here. I have to disable Force Feedback (in the Misc menu) for about half of the DCS modules I have. (And I often have to restart the sim after changing it as it seems to not reinitialize the spring force after changing the setting.)

I haven't noticed anything bad with it in the F-14 yet but I haven't been flying it that much lately due to the low frame rate. Will try soon and get back to you. But even if you have to disable it, that just makes it like 50% of the other modules. And I can't say I've felt FFB in the Tomcat other than shake. It's not like the warbirds where the stick is loose on the ground then tightens up as you gain airspeed. Or the choppers where the force trim actually changes the real-world stick's center position. I'd *like* FFB to work well in all DCS aircraft, but I know we're a small subset of the user base and the developers may lack the hardware, so it's a long shot.

Logitech Wingman 3D Force Feedback user here. I have to disable Force Feedback (in the Misc menu) for about half of the DCS modules I have. (And I often have to restart the sim after changing it as it seems to not reinitialize the spring force after changing the setting.)

I haven't noticed anything bad with it in the F-14 yet but I haven't been flying it that much lately due to the low frame rate. Will try soon and get back to you. But even if you have to disable it, that just makes it like 50% of the other modules. And I can't say I've felt FFB in the Tomcat other than shake. It's not like the warbirds where the stick is loose on the ground then tightens up as you gain airspeed. Or the choppers where the force trim actually changes the real-world stick's center position. I'd *like* FFB to work well in all DCS aircraft, but I know we're a small subset of the user base and the developers may lack the hardware, so it's a long shot.

So the MSFFB2 for me behaves perfectly elsewhere, and also the effects in the Tomcat work perfectly including force trim and shaking etc.

I have been working really hard testing this module to try and define exactly what, why and where things are going wrong, done hours and hours so far but starting to narrow down some important facts than I hopeful will provide a lead for someone to look into if they are willing.

I will publish my points at the end of the weekend, already made some important discoveries.

Just for the record I love the F14b and really appreciate the hard work that has gone into it, it has only been my frustration at not being able to play with it properly recently which has caused me to say anything negative, I do feel Heatblur could at least be a little more forthcoming with customer support, even if I am customer with minority equipment, it is perfectly working hardware with only problems that appear in their module.

So the MSFFB2 for me behaves perfectly elsewhere, and also the effects in the Tomcat work perfectly including force trim and shaking etc.

I have been working really hard testing this module to try and define exactly what, why and where things are going wrong, done hours and hours so far but starting to narrow down some important facts than I hopeful will provide a lead for someone to look into if they are willing.

I will publish my points at the end of the weekend, already made some important discoveries.

Just for the record I love the F14b and really appreciate the hard work that has gone into it, it has only been my frustration at not being able to play with it properly recently which has caused me to say anything negative, I do feel Heatblur could at least be a little more forthcoming with customer support, even if I am customer with minority equipment, it is perfectly working hardware with only problems that appear in their module.

The fact that different FFB sticks behave differently can't make developing for them very easy. Because of this I totally understand when it doesn't work. I consider it a bonus when it does, but I don't expect them to highly prioritize it.

Still haven't gotten around to testing yet. Will get back to you when I do.

So today's interesting lesson.

It isn't just the FFB stick which lags btw......that's one discovery.

Secondly, I have no lag at all on anything when I play in VR with my Rift S........seems I only have lag whilst in the air and whilst playing on a normal screen.

The above scenario is repeatable time and time again, so found something solid to work with thankfully.

I run my VR with the same settings as I do on Desktop......very strong system here, 5ghz 9700k & RTX2080ti Extreme Auros OC, 64GB Ram

• 3 weeks later...
So today's interesting lesson.

It isn't just the FFB stick which lags btw......that's one discovery.

Secondly, I have no lag at all on anything when I play in VR with my Rift S........seems I only have lag whilst in the air and whilst playing on a normal screen.

The above scenario is repeatable time and time again, so found something solid to work with thankfully.

I run my VR with the same settings as I do on Desktop......very strong system here, 5ghz 9700k & RTX2080ti Extreme Auros OC, 64GB Ram

I have the same problem. To the letter

Massive input lag with keyboard. With the F-14 module. I have MSFFB too but I don't think it's the stick though, cause the lagging is with keyboard keys too. I think it's update related but not sure which one. This issue is quite new to me I haven't had before, and

I just returned playing with the F-14 after a long pause. Haven't got a clue what it is but it's super annoying. :mad::(

SB11

CPU: intel Core i7 9700K ~ 3.6 GHZ , nVidia RTX2060 SUPER, 32GB 3300 Mhz RAM, DELL 24" LED. Windows 10

• 2 months later...