NEW UH-1 Helicopter Tutorial Series

CHPL

Not to be a nit pick but the abbreviation used in the airplane or helicopter manuals while I was in the Navy was ACFT for aircraft.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Can you possibly add all the videos to the first post please, so we don't have to trawl through all the forum pages to find them. Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Can you possibly add all the videos to the first post please, so we don't have to trawl through all the forum pages to find them. Cheers

More efficient if you subscribe directly to the YouTube Channel and get all the Information first hand. :smilewink:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP4rHedsEUs9-a6pbNs04Og

We also recommend visiting the DCS-Tutorial-Collection Website

http://www.dcs-tutorial-collection.de/index.php

Always happy landings ;)

We also recommend visiting the DCS-Tutorial-Collection Website

http://www.dcs-tutorial-collection.de/index.php

Thanks for mentioning my Website.

I´m gathering the Tutorial Videos on this page of my Website, seperated by language.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Great tutorials, I would be interested in more of them having just picked up the Huey! Sounds like you know your stuff and the speed of teaching is about right - explaining everything without dragging it on to be too slow.

The only helicopter I tried before this was the Ka-50 and the UH-1 is so much more stick and rudder - very interactive experience. Nice to be low and slow as well for a change - can appreciate the ground detail of DCS, which is better than any other flight sim at the moment (except maybe coming FS 2020).

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent!!! I loved the theoretical associations to behaviour. Keep them coming!!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Bell UH-1 Tutorial 5 / first takeoff and landing

Bell UH-1 Tutorial 5 / first takeoff and landing

is now online. :pilotfly:

This is a step by step explanation, and fast progress will be guaranteed if you follow the advice given seriously. Watching Tutorial 1 to 4 in advance will also be a good idea. :smartass:

Always happy landings ;)

I really appreciate your video's. I think I learned some/most of it the hard way, but having a real course to follow makes me feel more proficient. This is the stuff I'd like to see done for a lot of other modules. A mix of top down and in depth. Keep it up!

• 3 weeks later...

I've just found this post and looking forward to watching your video's. Thank you for taking the time to prepare these tutorials and share your expertise - much appreciated :)

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]