[REPORTED]Lights

Hello Dear Developers of the Eight,

The Mi-8 is my ultimate favourite module in DCS for sure (I'm an FE on the real one), and I really enjoy it as it is.

Now we have the lights improved a bit, so the anti-collision light and the landing lights don't illuminate the cockpit. I find however the landing lights practically unuseable as they cannot illuminate the ground more than 7-8 meters. Also the instrument lights are very dim.

So my question is that do we have any chance to improve the lights to make it useable, please?

Thanks in advance,

Tamas

• ED Team

Hi Oltonyos

I have reported landing and search lights do not project very far to the team.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hello Dear Developers of the Eight,

The Mi-8 is my ultimate favourite module in DCS for sure (I'm an FE on the real one), and I really enjoy it as it is.

Now we have the lights improved a bit, so the anti-collision light and the landing lights don't illuminate the cockpit. I find however the landing lights practically unuseable as they cannot illuminate the ground more than 7-8 meters. Also the instrument lights are very dim.

So my question is that do we have any chance to improve the lights to make it useable, please?

Thanks in advance,

Tamas

About this, the retroilumination of the instruments is really dim, i cannot see them at night, could this be reviewed Bignewy?

• ED Team
About this, the retroilumination of the instruments is really dim, i cannot see them at night, could this be reviewed Bignewy?

Hi paco2002,

welcome to our forum,

I have feature requested brightness to be increased for retro-stat cockpit lighting.

My advice for now when flying at night is to turn on the red dome light, it helps.

thank you

Screen_191114_110425.thumb.jpg.901ed05e541ce570150f25999e6f085e.jpg

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hello. in previous versions the lighting was great. too dark today. the question of what's good? watch the video .. there is almost nothing to see in the cockpit. Are the cockpit lights dimmed? Does the pilot use night vision glasses? hard to say. notice the landing light at the end of the video .. such a small lamp?

<White Tiger>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Speaking of - it might be only me, but I always think that the "Hover and low speed control indicator" is especially dark, almost not illuminated at all.

surely we all agree that the illumination of instruments in the cockpit could be brighter

<White Tiger>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]