How do I use JSOWs?

Flightsimnerd

Hi all

been trying to implement JSOW C's in TOO mode according to Matt's video - but the JSOW"S always overshoot or fall short of the TGT by a 100 meters or so.:cry:

what am I doing wrong here?

SB11

Are you sure that the waypoints are set to the correct ground level in the Mission Editor?

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

check ur height.

if your playing single player, you do not need to manually enter coords.

if you make your WP's in the mission editor. that can be used for Too mode and PP1,2.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

what really pisses me off is the alignment of each station. it takes 10 minutes to align a single rack..

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• ED Team
what really pisses me off is the alignment of each station. it takes 10 minutes to align a single rack..

That is not an accurate statement. It will only requirement an alignment if the weapon type is changed, not switching stations.

Thanks

So after completing some very unscientific testing, I am finding that the 154A will only kill radars and equipment if the height is set very low.

I just reran my missions from last night:

1. I made a change to lower the height of the a variant on 3 of them to 500 ft.

2. The three at 500 ft produced 2 kills, all others set to 900 (per video) did nothing against Hawk radars and insurgent positions

3 Reran the same mission, same coordinates, scored 8 kills with C variant so coordinates are correct.

Maybe the A variant BLU97 bomblets are under-powered? or is the expectation that burst altitude must be very low and Pk for A variant is low as a cluster munition? Just looking to understand the weapon better to know how and when to employ.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

Man, entering 8 coordinates is hard. Was able to hit 8 targets, but I have a question: I noticed that the order of stations(STA N)/missions(PP M) is different when you entering data and switching with STEP and when you actually launching JSOW. Say I enter coordinates in following order for 8 JSOW: STA8-PP1, STA2-PP1,STA7-PP1,STA3-PP1,STA8-PP2,STA2-PP2,STA7-PP2,STA3-PP2,but when I switch back to PP1 and then launching the order is: STA8-PP1,STA2-PP2,STA7-PP2...

It makes it harder to track from what station and which target JSOW has been fired on. Is it just me doing it wrong?

I've just double checked by taking control in the track: when launching it's always switching to PP2 and it doesn't matter if I left PP2 active after entering coordinates or returned back to PP1.

Edited by lester

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

i also cannot set HT

The HT setting is not where it was in Wags’ video. When you select TGT UFC, in addition to Posn you also get TERM, when you select that HT is an option in there

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

The HT setting is not where it was in Wags’ video. When you select TGT UFC, in addition to Posn you also get TERM, when you select that HT is an option in there

make sure your in TOO mode.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Watch this video: :thumbup:

Baltic Dragon thtat's a great video:thumbup:

I took your guidelines and D/L the "free muziele" single mission from DCS user files downloads.

1. opened the mission planner and moved WP2 over the closest bunker.

2. the elevation there was 1142 ft. I tried to chnge it to "1" as recommended, but it kept jumping to back to 1142 so I guessed it was the right ground elevation of the TGT.

3. in the A/C set the WP data mode to "precise"

4. set EFUZE to inst.

5. followed the WPs, release within range

6. JSOW C fell about 30 meters short.

7. tried again - missed again.

8. and again

so - maybe its the mission that's bugged...

or -maybe I am doing something wrong...

I'd sure be happy if you could check it out or - maybe upload your mission so I could have a go and see if I"m doing it the wrong way...:(

thanx in advance

SB11

CPU: intel Core i7 9700K ~ 3.6 GHZ , nVidia RTX2060 SUPER, 32GB 3300 Mhz RAM, DELL 24" LED. Windows 10

That is not an accurate statement. It will only requirement an alignment if the weapon type is changed, not switching stations.

Thanks

I stand corrected. BTW, if I select JSOW ERASE what does this do?

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Try this in the meantime - https://github.com/Santi871/DCSWaypointEditor/releases. You can capture way points from the F10 map and then it can enter them into the Hornet for you (while you start up or even while you take off and head to the target). Great for the JSOWs. He's going to update it to take account of the new PP functionality, but it works great at the minute with TOO.
Yeah but I mostly fly in MP where I need to search target on my own. There's server that don't even make waypoint. Thanks anyway.

Cheers

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Yeah but I mostly fly in MP where I need to search target on my own. There's server that don't even make waypoint. Thanks anyway.

Cheers

Runways and ammo / fuel storage don't move, I've spent all weekend knocking out enemy airfields in MP using that tool.

It seems to be bugged right now, as per this post and a quick test. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243360

My guess it that it erases the coordinates and other info you've entered, but I couldn't find any info online about it.

we'll have to see some info on this one. I think it is as you say. One aspect that really bothers me is the inability to save MPCD/DDIs menu orders in different master modes. Like in A-10C you can set the buttons order on the bottom ones (1-5) to FPAS/HUD/HSI/etc....

Mine tend to fall short. I did exactly what Wags' video described, which is the same than what some other posts here explain, and so far I've had a success ratio of 25% of JSOWs launched at SAM sites: 3 intended targets killed (2 of which I was specifically aiming for - the other was part of said SAM battery but I didn't type in its coordinates) out of 12 JSOWs dropped...

*edit*

I changed the default coordinates to be displayed on the F10 map to precise (in the options menu), and used the coordinates displayed in the detail window (on the lower left of the F10 map window) when I click a ground target in-game, instead of hovering over it. That seems to work: 4 JSOW-As launched, 4 targets destroyed (and the correct ones at that).

Edited by Elysian Angel
more testing done
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Mine tend to fall short. I did exactly what Wags' video described, which is the same than what some other posts here explain, and so far I've had a success ratio of 25% of JSOWs launched at SAM sites: 3 intended targets killed (2 of which I was specifically aiming for - the other was part of said SAM battery but I didn't type in its coordinates) out of 12 JSOWs dropped...

*edit*

I changed the default coordinates to be displayed on the F10 map to precise (in the options menu), and used the coordinates displayed in the detail window (on the lower left of the F10 map window) when I click a ground target in-game, instead of hovering over it. That seems to work: 4 JSOW-As launched, 4 targets destroyed (and the correct ones at that).

You used PP, not TOO right? cause TOO doesn't work for me even though I followed Wags' video to the letter...

SB11

Edited by silentbob11

CPU: intel Core i7 9700K ~ 3.6 GHZ , nVidia RTX2060 SUPER, 32GB 3300 Mhz RAM, DELL 24" LED. Windows 10

8 JSOWs and 8 different targets

Could someone help clear me up when it come to the ability to launch 8 JSOWs we can fit them on the plane with the new racks..but HOW? do you get them to follow 8 targets? I can do the 4 target thing/Hits.. but i'm missing the how to do the 8 targets???

any gooroos out there I need a tute!

mojo out..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could someone help clear me up when it come to the ability to launch 8 JSOWs we can fit them on the plane with the new racks..but HOW? do you get them to follow 8 targets? I can do the 4 target thing/Hits.. but i'm missing the how to do the 8 targets???

any gooroos out there I need a tute!

mojo out..

From the earlier post (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3949889&postcount=21). My understanding is that you need to use double racks programmed this way:

- PP1 for JSOWs 1,2,3,4

- PP2 for JSOWs 5,6,7,8

- 1&5, 2&6, 3&7, 4&8 would be pairs on their respective double rack stations

I also read somewhere where Wags said we would be able to specify Left and Right bombs in double racks later.

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64