Trim? - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-05-2019, 08:49 PM   #61
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
Well, I-16 is a well known icon, but…

S!

You want to know what true icons are? the kind of aircraft that are so widely recognized even across the world you can stand up just Utter their names out loud , and that anyone in the general vicinity who isn't into aviation/ simulation or what not , will still receive recollection.

Say Spitfire, P51 (or Mustang), F16 (Viper, or Fighting Falcon), etc And these sorts of names will most of the time instantly click among many.

Can you say the same for the I16? No you cant, at least perhaps not unless your in Russia.

Hell even with how iconic the F16 is and how more widespread information on it is within English language, ED nonetheless lists the features that the block will come with, and even with said features listed, People still argue over what valid or not, or wish list features from different blocks.

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Last edited by Kev2go; 06-06-2019 at 09:31 PM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:27 AM   #62
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
You want to know what true icons are? the kind of aircraft that are so widely recognized even across the world you can stand up just Utter their names out loud
You just described I-16. Anyone who isn't into aviation know any of those aircraft you name, don't fool yourself, they just don't. Even in Britain most today's kids don't know what a Spitfire is, and Britain and Spitfire is probably the most widely known icon. If you are into aviation and don't know an icon in aviation history as I-16 is you really aren't into aviation.

S!
Old 06-07-2019, 01:14 AM   #63
Mango

I wouldn't know squat if it wasn't for flight sims.
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:46 PM   #64
KalAbaddon

@Kev2go Looks like "AutoTrimmer" was added as an option to the gameplay tab in settings this update in beta (or recently). Might want to give it a try and see if it does anything for I-16.
KalAbaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:24 AM   #65
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalAbaddon View Post
@Kev2go Looks like "AutoTrimmer" was added as an option to the gameplay tab in settings this update in beta (or recently). Might want to give it a try and see if it does anything for I-16.
yea it does, but its a general feature that applies to any aircraft.

Should also be noted the auto trim does feel still too stiff, adjusting too instantly, not even the Hornet auto trims in a millisecond.

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:36 AM   #66
wolfstriked

I love using slight flaps to keep her level but what I really love is when you go full flaps you feel like your flying a WW1 bird.The lift is so strong you can feel it and I always envisioned flaps working like this but this is first sim that made that impression for me.

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle
wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:24 AM   #67
KalAbaddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstriked View Post
I love using slight flaps to keep her level but what I really love is when you go full flaps you feel like your flying a WW1 bird.The lift is so strong you can feel it and I always envisioned flaps working like this but this is first sim that made that impression for me.
even in small GA planes irl flaps are quite the kick in the rear when you lower them. You can really feel it. But visually it can be hard to notice.
KalAbaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:29 AM   #68
Weta43
Veteran

Quote:
at least perhaps not unless your in Russia.
& Russia doesn't count right ?
Only English speaking people count.

When operation Barbarossa started the Russians had 1,635 I-16 fighting against the Emils.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:34 AM   #69
Kirk66

Easy solution for weak-wristed pilots of DCS I-16: use a CH stick. It has physical "trim" wheels for pitch and roll. Problem solved.

As far as F/A-18s flying hands off - Blue Angels add some forward trim when performing to take up the slack in the controls and give them a better "feel" for the jet. Also they don't wear g-suits, so their arms don't move when the bladders inflate under G.

I don't have the I-16 module (yet) but it sound like fun (the IL-2 BoX I-16 is a hoot!), trim or no trim. And it seems to me, if it is pitching down, just go faster! Eventually you should get to the trim speed for your configuration and weight. Every plane I have flown IRL reacts the same: go faster than trim speed, it will nose up, go slower than trim speed, it will nose down. They are built that way!

Cheers,

Kirk
Kirk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:23 AM   #70
zhukov032186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
don't buy a module until someone's made a review to avoid any surprise. because this certainly wasn't a disclaimer listed on the purchasing page
......these aircraft are based on real aircraft. Your first stop should be wikipedia or some aviation history websites to give you an idea what the aircraft is like. THEN you go to YouTube to see what kind of bugs it has. A Youtube review first presumes the Youtuber isn't an ignorant jackass and/or already did the footwork, neither of which can be relied on.
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote