F14B Broken Jester in New Update

Hi, I just want to start off by saying my experience so far with the F-14B has been awesome and I haven't had any problems up to now.

I haven't played DCS for a while so I decided to hop on today. When I started the game, it had an update so I let it do that. I got into a mission and aesthetically Jester was missing from the contextual menu. But the rest of the menu worked (so I thought) so I went along. When I was getting ready to land at an air base, however, this is when I encountered problems. I told Jester to tune to the air bases ATC, which was 130.000 MHz, he turned the radio to manual as per usual and started to tune. However he stopped at 126.000 MHz. When I re-instructed him thinking this was just a random glitch he tuned it one up at 127.000 MHz and stopped. I then proceeded to try manual input in the Jester menu and same thing, he went one up and stopped at 128.000 MHz.

When I exited the simulator I tried the repair command in CMD for DCS_updater.exe. When the test finished saying "Successfully repaired version 2.5.5.31917@openbeta" I tried my game again. Still no Jester. I don't have any mods installed and I do not modify game files other then liveries and knee boards. I have attached a screenshot of what the jester menu looks like.

Some help on this issue would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

CRAZYZOMBITZ

Capture.thumb.PNG.8d884c023d5087e6ee19d5cda8aaa1d5.PNG

Same here. Don't recall the freq. Was my standard mission, saved just prior to run. Couldn't figure out why the tanker wouldn't respond (no changes made to tanker, freq, etc). Noticed Jester has dialed in a VHF freq but in ME it was 251.0. Asked him, politely, twice. Jumped into his seat and manually changed it to continue before I ran outta gas. His girlfriend probably left him last night...

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators

Same here. Don't recall the freq. Was my standard mission, saved just prior to run. Couldn't figure out why the tanker wouldn't respond (no changes made to tanker, freq, etc). Noticed Jester has dialed in a VHF freq but in ME it was 251.0. Asked him, politely, twice. Jumped into his seat and manually changed it to continue before I ran outta gas. His girlfriend probably left him last night...

Ya maybe we've been asking too much of Jester, I hope he's ok...

While we're on the topic of Jester and communications, can anyone using the VoiceAttack mod with the AIRIO plugin riddle me this:

Is there a voice command to make Jester change preset channels (or 'buttons' if you prefer), without having to tell to do a manual frequency switch? (Such as: "Radio tune one two seven decimal five.")

Can't find a reference in the table in the manual, and nothing I've tried by voice gets it done, either. I always have to make it a manual frequency change.

While we're on the topic of Jester and communications, can anyone using the VoiceAttack mod with the AIRIO plugin riddle me this:

Is there a voice command to make Jester change preset channels (or 'buttons' if you prefer), without having to tell to do a manual frequency switch? (Such as: "Radio tune one two seven decimal five.")

Can't find a reference in the table in the manual, and nothing I've tried by voice gets it done, either. I always have to make it a manual frequency change.

I’ve found that if you tell him to tune radio Stennis, if it’s a programmed frequency in the channels, he’ll change to that channel, even if you had given him a manual freq previously. Haven’t had much use for doing it that way recently, but it was how it functioned in the past.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Retired CO of the vCSG-3's VF-103 Jolly Rogers

Yeah, but I use the Alerax LSO mod and often have those freqs set as presets in custom missions; I'd like to be able to tell Jester to switch presets without having to read off the whole frequency. He's not going to understand keywords like "Marshal" or "LSO."