Is the Huey going to get multicrew anytime soon?

ville1001

On Belsimtek's website, they say that multicrew "under development for a later update" and they Huey has been out for quite a while. Is multicrew coming for the Huey?

I would really love to have a friend or to shoot as a side gunner while we try to perform medevac under fire from ground unit!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes, see the 2nd link.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Interesting, i would love to see an official roadmap from ED

welcome aboard

Edited by ebabil

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yes, see the 2nd link.

Sadly am I the only one who reads that 2nd link as it ain’t coming.

If after all these years of patience and waiting, Belsimtek still only assigns it as a third degree of importance to an already busy Dev. Then realistically there’s bugger all chance they are gonna get the time to do it.

The previous excuse was always because Multicrew wasn’t working in DCS, well know the F14 has blown that argument out of the water, so surely it’s time to get that advertised component working.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I've heard this "can't be done" type of outlook overcome by many companies. Back in the day FSX, was FULL of can't be dones by the devs. Now, PMDG, Majestic, FSLabs have all overcome the limitations and restrictions that FSX once had. Just takes a bunch of outside of the box thinking

Blah. I bet it's simply that the number of sales for UH-1 is fraction of the new modules and predicted to stay as a fraction despite multicrew and other updates --> minimal update effort. Money talks.

The likely issue is that chopper pilots are minority of customer base. Helos are not so easy and there is no "Top Gun" movie about them >2 decades ago --> no pop culture & large fan base like on figher jets.

I'm pessimistic in the sense that probably a major US chopper module will never happen and the old chopper modules are on minimal maintenance. I wonder if any new choppers are appearing at all?

Personally, I enjoy choppers a lot as they are a little different and challenging to fly, and actually give the "feeling" of flying, expecially when close to ground.

Intel Core i7 9700K@4.6GHz|ASUS Strix Z390-H|G.Skill DDR4 32GB@3200MHz|MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti|2xSSD 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 RAID0|SSD Samsung 850 EVO|Corsair HX 750W|Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout|UWQHD 34"|Valve Index|Logitech G9|MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000|VPC WarBRD Base+MongoosT-50CM2 Grip|VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle|VKB T-Rudder|Beyerdynamic DT770|Boom mic|Windows 10 Home

While true, it is a slippery slope.

People remember features announced (like 'Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update') or expected and if those features don't materialize they may think twice about buying another module, or buying in EA.

I should think that most sales happen in EA (as people are eager to get into the cockpit) with a drop-off afterwards with people a) not having the time or money now and holding off a little and b) waiting for the module to get out of EA to see which features actually make it and how effectively bugs get squashed (and how many bugs there still are after EA).

If the ratio of people waiting increases, this automatically means a drop in EA sales and then it's hard to figure out the reason - are more people waiting for a more matured module (which means more sales down the line and development is worth it) or is there simply no interest in the module (so further development is money down the drain).

If then people get the impression that older modules are on

[...] minimal update effort. Money talks.[...]

that feeling might create problems with future sales...

Edited by ams999

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Blah. I bet it's simply that the number of sales for UH-1 is fraction of the new modules and predicted to stay as a fraction despite multicrew and other updates --> minimal update effort. Money talks.

The likely issue is that chopper pilots are minority of customer base. Helos are not so easy and there is no "Top Gun" movie about them >2 decades ago --> no pop culture & large fan base like on figher jets.

I'm pessimistic in the sense that probably a major US chopper module will never happen and the old chopper modules are on minimal maintenance. I wonder if any new choppers are appearing at all?

Personally, I enjoy choppers a lot as they are a little different and challenging to fly, and actually give the "feeling" of flying, expecially when close to ground.

Spot on, I say...

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was on a server last night where all the hueys were taken.

Lots of people love to pick up troops drop them off let them get into battle.

Its one of the most fun parts of Arma3 - ferrying people to and fro, unloading useful things for a battle.

---

May your takeoffs equal your landings!

there is no "Top Gun" movie about them

But there actually was a “Top Gun” movie about helicopters back in the days! You never saw “Firebirds - Wings of the Apache”, starring Nicolas Cage, Tommy Lee Jones and Sean Young?

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

I can´t be done till Heatblur does it LOL.. first the engine did not alow it.. Tomcat with Jester and MP working fine and dandy.. now its Side by side.. in 2021 HB is comnig with the A 6 to prove them all wrong LOL...

I don't see how side-by-side is any different than tandem.

Because each player can click into the the cockpit section of the other player. That doesn't happen in tandem where you have two separate units.

Actually......

Just today I had a real RIO in my Tomcat, and he was clicking knobs on my UHF radio that I was too ignorant and/or blind to find on my own, so.....

Also, either one can flip the ejection seat arming for the pilot's seat.

The Gazelle had it separated by side of cockpit/system. Some of it made sense, some of it did not. I'm also a layperson, ie not a Gazelle pilot, so maybe in real life they split it up per real life responsibilities.