Toe brakes

Hi

why would the tow brakes work on the Mustang but not on the F18? I have checked the Axis assignments, no conflicts anywhere and the computer is recognising the Rudder pedals and toe brakes. Is this a common problem? or is it just me

Have you touble-checked to see that they aren't just inverted — that the brakes are on when not pressed and vice versa, and that you're simply overpowering them with thrust when you think you're taxiing normally? Each module and developer has a tendency to pick an “axis direction” somewhat arbitrarily and you often have to do a proper brake test (taxi with them on and with them off; taxi with one on and the other off and check if you swerve in any direction and that it is the right direction) to check whether you have to invert the axes or not.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Have you touble-checked to see that they aren't just inverted — that the brakes are on when not pressed and vice versa, and that you're simply overpowering them with thrust when you think you're taxiing normally? Each module and developer has a tendency to pick an “axis direction” somewhat arbitrarily and you often have to do a proper brake test (taxi with them on and with them off; taxi with one on and the other off and check if you swerve in any direction and that it is the right direction) to check whether you have to invert the axes or not.

Or easier, click right ctrl + enter to open the control indicator, use your brakes and see what the axis is doing, way faster. :beer:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I feel I've been betrayed by it before and have it shown some (intuitively) backwards inputs, but yes, now that you mention it — it's definitely a good first check. I can't even remember if/when that would have happened, and might even be confusing it with a completely different game. :D

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧